It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Floating ad on right side of the Main page is blocking many articles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
For the past week or so I've been getting this horrid floating ad that rides up the right side of the main page and blocks the names and content of the articles along the right side. It's one thing to have ads, another to have ads which purposely block the names of major articles, and hides them and their links from the readers and users. Thanks.
edit on 16-4-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
There's a new add, possibly just for AUS (content) with the commando from "biggest looser" and some free trial of some fitness thing.. thats ok but..

It blocks the whole page with a new full page add every time my mouse even hints at touching the banner.. and it's right at the top.

There was also a ad for naughty housewives down the side banner.. HIGHLY inapropriate.. and im no killjoy it just seemed totaly wrong.

Fix your adds, please.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xarian6
There's a new add, possibly just for AUS (content) with the commando from "biggest looser" and some free trial of some fitness thing.. thats ok but..

It blocks the whole page with a new full page add every time my mouse even hints at touching the banner.. and it's right at the top.

There was also a ad for naughty housewives down the side banner.. HIGHLY inapropriate.. and im no killjoy it just seemed totaly wrong.

Fix your adds, please.

Ads are a fact of life here, so we can't complain too much about the subject matter or the touching the banner thing (I have that too, my mouse goes over the page quickly and suddenly I'm caught with an ad), but the ones I'm talking about are very large floaters coming up from the bottom of the main page and covering the major story list along that side of the list. This seems like something ATS's front office can ask the ad agency to change, just because of the disruption of the content.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Good news regarding this! There is a thread for complaining about such ads - one that the site owners watch and take seriously!

This thread might not be seen by them, so please post to the linked thread!

Thread closed.

top topics

join