It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tranceformation of America; ODD mis-spelling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
i probably should have read this book long ago, but i am reading it now...im going to pose a question to other members here about it. has anyone noticed the odd mis-spelling of words throughout the book? they seem almost deliberate in nature, and it could just be a bad port to pdf that is the culprit, but it would also be interesting to see if it was indeed a hidden coded message...

anyway that was just my initial thought on it...i read fast and im already over half way through it in a day and at work most of the time too...

if i get some time i will try to single out all the misspelled words and the letters that were substituted, and create a document that only contains the incorrect characters...it will probably turn out to be gibberish, but in that case it still does not rule out a coded message...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by studythem1

Is the title of your post the title of the book?

Just wondering. I'm no grammer nazi and I find typos all the time. Hell, I'm guilty of them as well. Spellcheck can't always correct something that is spelled right, but in the wrong context.
edit on 16-4-2013 by TDawgRex because: I need a beer

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Maybe he's like me, and broke into tears when they invented Swype...

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Tranceformation of America

That seems to make sense to me.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Heya,

You may be on to something. I am a big fan of the literary hoax and coded texts and all that, and you must be, too, to have even had such an idea. I read the book just over twenty years ago, or tried, anyway, it is not written very well, and I remember marveling at the amount of typos too.

Anyway, the reason that I think you might be on to something is because the book starts out, right away, CH1, with this...

"Sometimes words, or groups of words, found in the English language have many definitions or meanings. Within each meaning there may be different logical and Literal perceptions of the application of a given word."

-Tranceformation of America Cathy O'Brien & Mark Phillips. 1995. Chapter 1, P. 1

So, good catch, I've never heard anyone suggest it. Seems like you would have to start seriously parsing out the typos to try and find some kind of pattern. Not saying it's there, but it's a really intriguing idea, for sure.

Tranceformation of America .pdf
edit on 16-4-2013 by Bybyots because:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Is the title of your post the title of the book?

Just wondering. I'm no grammer nazi and I find typos all the time. Hell, I'm guilty of them as well. Spellcheck can't always correct something that is spelled right, but in the wrong context.
edit on 16-4-2013 by TDawgRex because: I need a beer

as Bybyots said: in his post and linked below

Tranceformation of America .pdf

reply to post by Bybyots

i thought it was odd to start off a book that way as well...but then again the guy who started the first half was trained professionally for such things as encryption and there very well could be a hidden message...now most of us, me included, tend to overlook the improper spelling and our mind fills in with the correct spelling, but it would really be insteresting to put all the incorrect letters together to see what come out... or maybe replace all the incorrect letters and take the corrected letters and put them into a document, retaining their original lowercase or capitalized state, or reversing them from lower to upper etc...

there are many ways this could go, and if it is gibberish, there are only so many known encryption formulas out there available to see if it can be deciphered...

there is a web site that will do it for you if it is encrypted for one of the sample methods they host on the site...
edit on 16-4-2013 by studythem1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join