It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the Boston Marathon Speculators

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I have no issue with considering the possibility that this attack was a false flag, however, I've been reading some incredibly ignorant and outrageous remarks on the various threads about this event.

Being that I live very close to where this occurred, I have friends and co-workers who live even closer, some of which were there, participating in the marathon, and present as spectators; to make claims that there was a fake bomb, fake blood, no blood flow from severed limbs, overly calm victims, etc, etc, is irresponsible to unconscionable at best, and blind profiteering (S&F for you!) at worst.

Show some concern for the victims of this attack or, at the very least, show a modicum of respect.

We, the residents that are directly affected by this event, now have to live with the immediate impact of this bombing. We have to face the fact that the police, federal agencies and military are now going to be in our faces at least for the immediately foreseeable future.

This morning, everyone where I work was nervous because one of our drivers reported a long line (23 at least) of Law enforcement vehicles rushing into Boston. We had to wonder what the hell was going on now? As the days pass, we will be inundated with images of victims who are missing their limbs or are otherwise forever maimed as they leave the hospitals.

I'm not asking people to stop speculating; speculation is completely normal with events like this, especially when the authorities are keeping mum on most of the facts surrounding this mess, but please do so with the proper level of respect and consideration for those most affected by this attack.
edit on 4/16/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: typo

CX

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Already seen a couple of these pop up today, luckily the mods were hot on it.

CX.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I agree with your comment. Too many users are quick to pull "the false flag" card.
Second line needed.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

S&F to you. These speculations are what discredit the entire ATS community. However, as I have stated in several threads already, a false Flag is anything that does not benefit the public. That harms civilians and bystanders for no political gains other than that TPTB will have more reasons to search and snoop, - "Legally". However - and this always got me mad on the 9-11 threads, - for some posters to extrapolate from a false flag to assuming that aliens crashed the planes, that SH was all "actors" and now Boston was a fake bomb and fake blood.
A FF is never "staged" it is real, bloody and deadly. We only call it a FF because it achieved nothing. Any "real" attack by any terrorist/freedom-fighter/revolutionary & you name it, would aim for a "real" target. Any "real" resistance movement would wish to WIN the sympathy of the civilians, not enrage them even more against them.
Naturally the ones who claim "fake blood", staged, actors, RC-planes and so forth rather try to discredit any searching for the truth bu making the entire conspiracy angle look, - "idiotic."

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Thank you for presenting me the opportunity to make my speculative but deftly conspiratorial contribution to the conversation by way of a reprise - Given what I now know about the workings of past and present administrations I am not at all surprised to know that the "Twin Bombs" of the Boston Marathon were planted by our own government.

Originally posted by POXUSA
Hopefully this event will bring to mind the fact that the US government, by means of its continued indiscriminate drone bombing throughout the world, is complicit in the Boston Marathon terror attacks on innocent persons.

I hope this event will awaken the consciousness of the American people enough to realize that for every so-called "terrorist" killed in foreign lands by American drone attacks - fifty innocents are slaughtered.

This event is surely a marking point for this nation - a "wake up call," if you will, and I am very hopeful that it will allow for the American people to step back for a moment and to examine themselves and the true extent of their own involvement in all this, and to survey their own conscience with respect to Americas truculent and bellicose behavior throughout the world.

edit on 16-4-2013 by POXUSA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

speculators?

hmm...

so you think wall street was in on it?
i know the price of gold was flunctuating, generally down, but trading electronically, a lot of money can be made playing off the highs against the lows.

i don't know if you would need an event like this to cover or facilitate this, but yah', you could be on to something.

good call!

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by POXUSA

Thank you for presenting me the opportunity to make my speculative but deftly conspiratorial contribution to the conversation by way of a (SNIP) Given what I now know about the workings of past and present administrations I am not at all surprised to know that the "Twin Bombs" of the Boston Marathon were planted by our own government.

Hopefully this event will bring to mind the fact that the US government, by means of its continued indiscriminate drone bombing throughout the world, is complicit in the Boston Marathon terror attacks on innocent persons.

I hope this event will awaken the consciousness of the American people enough to realize that for every so-called "terrorist" killed in foreign lands by American drone attacks - fifty innocents are slaughtered.

This event is surely a marking point for this nation - a "wake up call," if you will, and I am very hopeful that it will allow for the American people to step back for a moment and to examine themselves and the true extent of their own involvement in all this, and to survey their own conscience with respect to Americas truculent and bellicose behavior throughout the world.

You really don't get it do you? This thread is about not denying the facts of the tragedy, i.e. people were killed, maimed and wounded in this attack, so don't make false claims about it being faked. Yet you have to pipe in with your tired conspiracy theory that is based on no evidence whatsoever.

Wanna speculate on who is behind this bombing? Fine; however, this isn't the thread for it. Moreover your claim at "Knowing" the government is behind said attack shows how objective and fact-based you and your fellow traveler conspiracy theorists tend to be.

edit on 18-4-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

All loss of life is regrettable. I like to think that this is an opinion shared by most on ATS.

However, many of the reactions I see on ATS are pointing out the hypocrisy of a tragedy like this.

There have been explosions in a public place causing chaos, terror, injuries and loss of life. There has been a national outcry over this event as there should be.

Yet, there is hardly a mention about similar events which occur overseas. The ironic part being that often times, our own government is responsible for these events whether it be drone killings or the chaos and death which has resulted from our policy of attacking, occupying and helping to overthrow other nations.

While its fair to ask that people be more sympathetic to the Boston tragedy, its my feeling that we as Americans should be expressing similar outrage and condemnation when tragedies like this occur elsewhere, which are generally much much worse.

edit on 18-4-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
While I do acknowledge the possibility of this being a false flag perpetrated by the government, I don't understand how people can think this was a fake scene with "actors". Anybody who has seen the photos of the carnage knows damn well that these people weren't actors.
edit on 18-4-2013 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
These people who say this are not living in reality. Or lets put it like this their " fantasy world" that operates in their head is more important to them. They are living in a disney like reality.

They dont even believe an Al qaeda exists, they are like children who discover the truth and revert back to what they want to believe. They are not truthers.

Anyone who has seen the photos and read the news knows this is very real.

The terrorist wants to put " fear" into ordinary people....

Dont fall for it...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
So 3 Americans are killed in a bombing, and all hell breaks loose?

But this is ok.....

US bomb kills 30 at Afghan wedding

WHY is it a BIG deal when Americans get killed? What makes their lives so much more special than everyone else in the world?

The whole "those poor souls in Boston" thing is about to make me puke!

Maybe if you're to cry a river, you can do it for these unlucky souls who got in the way in Iraq....

There are others who believe the count is more in the area of half a million to a million killed.

Utter fail to the people of America! If you would take a short look at what is really going on in the world, you would see that there is more than 9/11 or Boston.

3 people die and everyone is sick with grief! Half million die and everyone turns a blind eye!

Sick!

edit on 18-4-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

First of all, allow me to direct your attention to the fact that those 30 killed at the afghan wedding were killed in 2002, not this past Monday, or even this week. That was about 6 to 7 months into the beginning of the war in Afghanistan, which, in case you aren't aware was (at least publicly) because of the September 11th attacks.

You made the comment about "3 Americans die and everyone is sick with grief, half a million die, yada yada" Your cute little graphic doesn't even note that many deaths to begin with, and it wasn't 3 Americans that died on Monday at the marathon, it was 2 Americans and a Chinese national.

Another point, these bombings didn't occur during a war action. The U.S. wasn't knee deep in the middle of an invasion from a foreign country when the marathon began, Afghanistan was at the time that these folks decided to hold their wedding. I'm not saying that that makes their deaths trivial, but it does make the point that if your country is currently under attack, you may want to weigh the risks involved with holding your large family gathering being as how there is a hostile military presence who is fighting insurgents in the vicinity.

And finally, the main reason this bombing is being felt so strongly is this: These things do not generally happen on U.S. soil.

That, of course, won't matter to you, since you are more concerned with bashing your fellow citizens rather than uplifting them during a national tragedy.

Your reply is indicative of the real problem in this country: Too many Americans concern themselves with the goings on abroad rather than the goings on at home. If more people took a long hard look at the state of this nation, I wager most of our problems would disappear.

But you go right on decrying the travesty in Afghanistan while ignoring and cheapening the loss of life here, I'm sure it makes you feel very worldly and enlightened to do so.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I don't think it was a false flag simply because they are not leading to us to do anything they couldn't get us to do before the bombing. usually there is a narrative for the aftermath and what we need to do. so far nothing and usually they are on the ball.

They have no real suspects, if they do they do not seem to be convenient ones that can be useful for a cause Those are my reasons for me not even contemplating it was a false flag.

It has however put a damper on the anti gun zealotry that has engulfed our media and government. This boston bombing has proved that if a person wants to do great harm to many people they do not need a gun they just need their sick mind.

edit on 18-4-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos
reply to post by Propulsion

Allow me to direct your attention to the fact that those 30 killed at the afghan wedding were killed in 2002, not this past Monday.
Wow, I didn’t know there was an expiration date on stuff like that. I wonder if there were any survivors. If so, maybe you can be so kind as to give him/her/they a call. Just let them know that “time heals”, and they’ll be back on their feet in no time! You can also let them know that “Hey” $h!t happens, and that it were not our intentions to blow your family and loved ones to holy hell! You think they’ll accept a gift basket? How about some bit coins?

These things do not generally happen on U.S. soil.
Though I don’t condone the loss of life, I believe America needs a wake-up call. If America gets attacked by another country, and loses a couple hundred thousand people do to an attack, than Americans need to understand that there are consequences for our government’s actions. And if an attack does happen (which I have no doubt will happen in the future), than Americans will need to hold our Government responsible. Of course, that will never happen. The Government along with the media will have Americans believing we were attacked by a super-duper extremist group hell bent on raping/pillaging our woman and children! And of course, they will be doing all of this raping and pillaging in the name of the anti-Santa clause!

So there are three questions that beg to be asked…

1.Do you think the anti-Santa Clause could have set off those bombs in Boston?
2.What super-duper extremist group did it?
3.WHEN DO WE ATTACK?

That, of course, won't matter to you, since you are more concerned with bashing your fellow citizens rather than uplifting them during a national tragedy.
Oh really? I spend 4 hours volunteering at a homeless shelter (The Samaritan House to be more specific) downtown Denver every Thursday. I work with the vets and peoples with various disabilities. I love making the difference to those who are far less fortunate than me. And I’m not that fortunate. I live with MS every day! Some days I can’t even walk! When I hear vets voice their disgust for what our Government had them do (all in the name of freedom), I can’t help but throw-up in my mouth! You wonder why America is hated so much? Sit down with a couple vets who served in Iraq or Afghanistan, and PLEASE ask them that question!

Your reply is indicative of the real problem in this country: Too many Americans concern themselves with the goings on abroad rather than the goings on at home. If more people took a long hard look at the state of this nation, I wager most of our problems would disappear.
Please read above again…

But you go right on decrying the travesty in Afghanistan while ignoring and cheapening the loss of life here, I'm sure it makes you feel very worldly and enlightened to do so.
I have been a health care provider my whole life! An Occupational Therapist to be more specific. I would go ahead and write a long list of the accomplishment I made in helping those in need, but I don’t have that kind of ego.

Don’t get me wrong, I cherish ALL life! But when people start putting our precious Americans before those who have just as much right to live, love, prosper, etc., than I do have a problem! Americans are NOT the only ones who have the right to be safe and secure! Most Americans are absolutely oblivious to what is really going on in the real world!

I hate to say it, but America is going to see it’s day! And it’s not going to be pretty! And when our children ask us why the world is attacking America, what are you going to tell them professor? To watch more South Park?

edit on 19-4-2013 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Right on the money...ATS is getting tougher and tougher to digest, I use to like the slogan "Question Everything" but I'm learning that more and more people on here are simply paranoid...regardless of the facts...
edit on 19-4-2013 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join