It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking Free from the Occult – For those with eyes that see

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Imagine the scene. On one side sits a king on his mighty throne. A god incarnate, he is an imposing figure. He wears bracelets and a necklace of pure gold. And around him he has court officials, and his chief priests who practice magic, Jannes and Jambres.

On the other side is a shepherd who had dwelt the last 40 years as a fugitive from the king’s court in the wilderness. He is humble, wears simple robes and carries a staff. With him his older brother, a slave of the king. Who were these two humble men doing before such a mighty person, indeed before a god incarnate and his practitioners of magic.

The man sent to Pharaoh was Moses, his older brother Aaron was with him. Who did they represent? The true God Jehovah. What was now about to happen was a war between gods. The one God Jehovah and the gods of Egypt. Who would prove to be stronger?

The Egyptians were steeped in occult rituals and worship. And they worshipped many gods. The priests of her mystery religion were about to be challenged by Jehovah. Would they prove to be stronger?

Before Moses appeared to Pharaoh the king of Egypt Jehovah had appeared to him in the wilderness where he was tending his sheep. And Jehovah told Moses he was going to use him to free the Israelites who sat in bondage to the Egyptians. He knew that Pharaoh was a haughty man. And he knew the Egyptians were full of their magic practicing people, and full of many gods. He was now going to challenge their gods as to who was real.

Knowing beforehand the heart of Pharaoh he told Moses that Pharaoh, the haughty man who pranced around as if he was a god on earth, a cruel tyrant who had ordered the death of all Hebrew children, and cruelly treated them, would not listen. And that he would glorify himself by means of Pharaoh and that all the nations would have to come to know who he was. For as he told Moses to speak to Pharaoh:

(Exodus 9:13-16) . . .This is what Jehovah the God of the Hebrews has said: “Send my people away that they may serve me. 14 For at this time I am sending all my blows against your heart and upon your servants and your people, to the end that you may know that there is none like me in all the earth. 15 For by now I could have thrust my hand out that I might strike you and your people with pestilence and that you might be effaced from the earth. 16 But, in fact, for this cause I have kept you in existence, for the sake of showing you my power and in order to have my name declared in all the earth.

There he was Moses before the man-god Pharaoh. Moses carried with him the name of Jehovah God. Pharoah was a god himself. He had at his disposal also many of the gods that the Egyptians worshipped, included among these gods who were now to be challenged by Jehovah were:

1. The Nile-god Hapi.
2. The Frog-goddess Heqt.
3. Thoth, the lord of magic.
4. Ptah, the creator of the universe, and again Thoth, lord of magic.
5. The sacred cow-goddess Hathor and Apis the bull.
6. Healer dieties Thoth, Isis, and Ptah.
7. Reshpu controller of lightning and Thoth, the god of rain and thunder.\
8. The fertility-god Min, protector of crops.
9. The sun-god Ra, and Horus, a solar god.
10. Ra (Amon-Ra) the sun-god represented sometimes as a Ram.

All of these deities and Pharaoh, the man-god tyrant were all to be challenged. Would any of them be up for the challenge that Jehovah God was now to bring before them?

To start the issue the Egyptian magicians filled with the knowledge of the occult and initiated into the rites of the Egyptian mysteries were about to be put to the test!

Moses, in the name of Jehovah God commands Pharaoh to let the Israelites leave their land of Goshen in which they dwelled as slaves to travel to the wilderness a journey of three days to sacrifice to Jehovah God. The very animals they were to use in their sacrifices to Jehovah God were worshipped as gods to the Egyptians. Something certainly repugnant to them. No wonder when Pharaoh recommended that they sacrifice in the land that Moses replied:

(Exodus 8:26, 27) 26 But Moses said: “It is not admissible to do so, because we would sacrifice to Jehovah our God a thing detestable to the Egyptians. Suppose we would sacrifice a thing detestable to the Egyptians before their eyes; would they not stone us? 27 We shall go a journey of three days into the wilderness and we shall definitely sacrifice to Jehovah our God just as he has said to us.”

So it was to be a war between gods! The gods of magic of the Egyptians and the true God Jehovah!

Pharaoh and his court laugh at Moses and Aaron. “Who is Jehovah,” the haughty tyrant asks rhetorically in a haughty tone of disdain:

(Exodus 5:2) . . .But Phar′aoh said: “Who is Jehovah, so that I should obey his voice to send Israel away? I do not know Jehovah at all and, what is more, I am not going to send Israel away.”

So the stage was set. Now Jehovah would begin to reveal himself and the challenge had begun.

After Pharaoh’s having challenging Jehovah’s godship Moses has Aaron through his rod onto the ground and it converted into a snake. Janes and Jambres, Pharaoh’s chief magicians do the same and their rods convert into snakes as well. Then Moses’ snake eats the snakes of the magicians:

(Exodus 7:10-12) . . .Accordingly Aaron threw his rod down before Phar′aoh and his servants and it became a big snake. 11 However, Phar′aoh also called for the wise men and the sorcerers; and the magic-practicing priests of Egypt themselves also proceeded to do the same thing with their magic arts. 12 So they threw down each one his rod, and they became big snakes; but Aaron’s rod swallowed up their rods.

Yet Pharaoh remained haughty. To follow over the course of the next days were ten plagues that would be a blow to Egypt’s gods. Included in the humiliation of their powerlessness against Jehovah God as he sent ten plagues of turning the Nile river into blood, a plague of frogs, the gadfly, Pestilence, Boils, thunder and hail mixed with fire, a plague of locusts, three days of dense darkness, and finally the death of the firstborn of all the land of Egypt, were the gods mentioned above, as they all proved helpless against Jehovah God.

The gods of the occult practiconers of Egypt were proven to be frauds and fakes. And Pharaoh himself, remaining haughty and defiant to the end was broken to pieces by Jehovah God as he tried to ride after God’s chosen people and bring them back into slavery.

Jehovah proved to be the true God!

cont...

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
And thus this beautiful song to Jehovah was made by Moses after their deliverance at the Red Sea:

(Exodus 15:2-19) . . .My strength and [my] might is Jah, since he serves for my salvation. This is my God, and I shall laud him; my father’s God, and I shall raise him on high. 3 Jehovah is a manly person of war. Jehovah is his name. 4 Phar′aoh’s chariots and his military forces he has cast into the sea, And the choice of his warriors have been sunk in the Red Sea. . .Who among the gods is like you, O Jehovah? Who is like you, proving yourself mighty in holiness?. . .

Yes Jehovah proved to be the true God.

This is one of many encounters between Jehovah and the false demon-gods of the magic practicing nations during Bible times.

What about today? Is Jehovah still stronger than the gods that those who follow in the occult today?

The occult is as old as false religion itself, and it has always maintained mankind in dense darkness. The masters of it are demons, and Satan himself. They blind the minds of the people, making them think that they can become gods and that they do not need to serve Jehovah God. They make them believe that the Bible is a fairy, and its tales myths. Yet Jehovah is liberating even today many in the occult from its power.

Take for one example a high priest of witchcraft name Gordon from England. Listen to his account:

“My connection with occultism started when I joined the Psychic Research Society. During subsequent years I observed and participated in hundreds of séances,
witnessing most forms of psychic phenomena including direct voice, levitation, ectoplasm and apports [the manifestation of material objects through occult power]. At the same time I discovered my own power to become a diviner, to be clairvoyant and to engage in psychometry [divination of facts relating to a person or thing from contact with an object].

“Seeking to develop my occult abilities even further, I took up transcendental meditation as a member of a Buddhist society. I soon found that Eastern philosophies are a natural steppingstone to fundamental occultism. A new colleague, a skilled cabalist, taught me many fascinating things. A whole field of intriguing mysteries opened up before me. I read and studied deeply.

“As my grasp of ritual and transcendental magic increased, so did my circle of friends all over the country. I became adept at tarot reading and at interpreting the cabala. I was initiated into the progressive grades of witchcraft until I eventually became high priest of a witches’ coven. I taught these arts to many others, including my wife, who became my high priestess.

“But things were not right with me or with my magical arts. My coven was subjected to bickerings and jealousy. There was rivalry with other covens, one group even working magic against another. Worse still, sordid affairs of a sexual nature (an all-too-common factor in witchcraft) eventually affected me, to the sad detriment of my own marriage. I started experimenting with ‘soft’ drugs, becoming increasingly unhappy and disillusioned.

“It was at this time that a passing acquaintance, knowing of my connections with witchcraft, gave me a copy of the book ‘Babylon the Great Has Fallen!’ God’s Kingdom Rules! The title immediately captured my interest. I knew full well that ancient Babylon had been the repository of all ‘secret religion’ and that the Bible’s book of Revelation, mentioning ‘Babylon the Great,’ contained many mysteries too. Although I read the book eagerly and carefully, I was still confused, but this turned out to be my first positive step in gaining freedom from the subtle powers of occultism.

cont...
edit on 15-4-2013 by SubAce because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

“As time passed, things went from bad to worse. In desperation, one night I remembered what the friend who had given me the ‘Babylon’ book had said: ‘If you need help, get in touch with Jehovah’s Witnesses.’ I picked up the telephone directory and rang the nearest address. Although it was late at night, the stranger I spoke to listened carefully. Within the hour he was standing at my door.

“My new friend, an elder in the local congregation, was genuinely concerned at what I had to say. I took him into my magician’s den. Even now I can recall how astounded he was at what he saw! Occult paintings filled the room. My two swords of initiation, beads of incantation and incense burners were displayed with my Arthame dagger—used by witches to draw circles and pentacles when calling spirit forces into human contact. A full-size black model head of Isis (the ‘Mistress of Magic’) was alongside a bright-orange figure of Amon-Ra (the Egyptian ‘King of the Gods’) and model sailing craft, supposed to signify the transporting of souls across the sea of the dead. We stayed talking in that room until the early hours of the morning. I certainly needed much help.

“Our discussion centred around the Bible, a book for which I had always had a natural respect, but of which I knew little. We used a small book, The Truth That Leads to Eternal Life, as a guide to systematic Bible study. During the ensuing weeks I learned the simple truth about evil and the demons, and of their power to control and direct men’s minds.

“One thing that greatly disturbed me, I remember, was my first reading of Deuteronomy 18:10-12: ‘There should not be found in you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, anyone who employs divination, a practicer of magic or anyone who looks for omens or a sorcerer, or one who binds others with a spell or anyone who consults a spirit medium or a professional foreteller of events or anyone who inquires of the dead. For everybody doing these things is something detestable to Jehovah.’

“I had no idea that such a statement was in the Bible and it shocked me a great deal. In fact, my conscience began to trouble me as I realized my considerable guilt over the things with which I had been involved. On the other hand, the clarity of the truth came sharper in focus as a result, and for this I was grateful.

“Later I was amazed to read that the early Christians had also experienced serious encounters with demonism and magical arts. I had always known fire to be a symbol of destruction and when I read of the course of action voluntarily taken by the people of Ephesus who became Christians in burning their books of magical art, I saw the need to do the same myself. So it was that after prayer one night I went up onto the moors and burned all my books and paintings. Likewise I broke and threw away the many metal appendages of my arts, despite their value.

“Slowly, but surely, I became free from demon influence. It was not easy. Witches and other former friends did all they could to dissuade me, but I treasured my newly found freedom too much to compromise. The forces of evil are strong, but I soon came to realize that the forces for good are stronger. I have every reason to be thankful for the happiness and security I now have serving Jehovah, the God of truth and of light.—2 Cor. 4:3-6.”

It is a lengthy account but one that is worth the retelling. It is not in print anywhere on the internet, and thus I leave it in its entirety in this post.

It is for those who have a yearning for spiritual truth. Those who perhaps have been fooled by the false light of the occult. Just as in the days of Pharaoh, Jehovah proved to be the true God, putting to shame all the false gods and magicians of the Egyptians.

So today he remains the true God. And all those who put their faith in him will not be put to shame. For the name of the true God Jehovah is a strong tower and into the righteous run and are given protection!

(Proverbs 18:10) The name of Jehovah is a strong tower. Into it the righteous runs and is given protection.

All those in the occult who think they can use the name of the true God as some sort of amulet or some type of magical power please be forewarned:

(Exodus 20:7) . . .“You must not take up the name of Jehovah your God in a worthless way, for Jehovah will not leave the one unpunished who takes up his name in a worthless way.

(2 Timothy 3:8, 9) . . .Now in the way that Jan′nes and Jam′bres resisted Moses, so these also go on resisting the truth, men completely corrupted in mind, disapproved as regards the faith. 9 Nevertheless, they will make no further progress, for their madness will be very plain to all, even as the [madness] of those [two men] became.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

Man, those false witness testimonies can be smelled from a mile away. For crying out loud, the guy giving it couldn't even keep his deities straight nor use the correct spelling of his tools. This is just like those other guys in church who have a story like "I used to be in a biker gang. Maaaaan, it was bad. REAL bad. I was passed out in the toilet after smoking too much heroin and shooting up the pot when it happened. I saw Jeeeezussss."

Making up testimonies and spreading false information about the beliefs and lifestyles of others is a hallmark tradition with those kind of zealots. My issue isn't with your religion but with false stories like that guy had.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
My issue isn't with religion or a liar telling a lie, but with someone so naive they believe it and trying to convince others.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

There is another one that may be of benefit for those who are looking. I realize that the majority are not, and this post is not directed to you of course. Everyone has the right to worship the way they see fit. We will all be accountable for our own actions. If in the telling someone awakens perhaps, and a seed is planted, then is that not a good and wonderful thing?

This one has to do with a man named Ralph Anderson, as he said about himself:

I was a spirit medium, a sorcerer, a male witch. I employed divination. I looked for omens. I bound others with spells. I practiced black magic and voodoo.

So what is the story? He was born into a family in the Ozark Mountains steeped in paganism. His parents had a "free-loving" lifestyle and he was just in their way so he was neglected. As he states:

So I was neglected, shown no affection, battered emotionally. I became a loner, a hater of people.
At an early age I was drawn to the occult. I would watch all the movies and TV programs featuring it. And by the time I was about six, I was a regular user of the Ouija board. I was open to and, in fact, eager for communication with the spirit realm. I knew that demons existed and I felt very comfortable talking with them. And they favored me with special powers and knowledge.

I began reading all the books on occultism that I could get my hands on, obtaining them from public libraries and, in particular, bookstores. One store, operated by a spirit medium, catered especially to those who practiced witchcraft, or black magic. From reading old books on occultism, I learned the names of demons who were contacted in past ages by people who practiced spiritism.

Then, in my communications with the demons, I began using these names when I spoke with them. And it seemed that whenever I dealt with a particular demon, that one’s personality and the way he worked differed from that of another demon I would call upon. I thus came to know scores of demons by name.
From my reading about occultism, I knew that the demons were angels who had lost God’s favor and were not the spirits, or souls, of people who had died. I had sympathy for these angels, and I particularly felt sorry for Satan. I became a worshiper of Satan, yet, contradictory as it was, I would at the same time pray to God. And when my prayers would be answered, I believed God had answered them. Satan had me thoroughly deceived.—2 Corinthians 11:14.

This special connection with the demons did not however make him a good person as he said:

they twisted my thinking to hate rather than love. In time, I became a fornicator, thief, drunkard, drug abuser, and homosexual.

After his grandmother died, the only person he had loved he became distressed. And he remembers how the demons promised to give him eternal life:

From childhood on I had wanted to live forever, and the demons had promised that I would. But it wasn't clear how this would be accomplished.

So how was it that he would come to an accurate knowledge of truth. He had tremendous abilities as he himself explains he was able to cause others harm when he wanted too. He predicted with accuracy what would happen to people, for example:

...an acquaintance scoffed at my ability to summon the demons. I knew he dealt in drugs. So I told him he would be arrested and then be released. The demons did just what I requested. Within two months the man was arrested. Afterward the charges were dropped, and he was released. The man never questioned my abilities again.

For some reason the demons with whom this occult practicioner communed let him know that the end of the world was coming. At that time he found it curious that a workmate of his whom he related this to believed him. And she began to show him what he had been learning from the demons was found in the Bible:

, I happened to mention to a girl named Gwen, whom I worked with, that the end of the world was coming but that no one believed it. Gwen said she believed it and expressed surprise that I knew. I had learned about this from the demons, but Gwen showed me these things from the Bible.

cont...

edit on 15-4-2013 by SubAce because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
cont...

Who did Gwen speak about, and what name brought an instant and intense hatred?

Gwen would always speak of Jehovah and said that he was the One who was going to bring an end to this system. I told her I hated the sound of that name, Jehovah, and asked her not to use it. She was hurt and said that if she could not use the name of the one she loved most, she’d rather not talk to me, because Jehovah is God’s name.
I was taken aback. So that night I went home, and taking the King James Version, the Bible of my deceased grandmother, I began paging through it, searching for the name Jehovah. I knew that if I found it in this Bible, Gwen was right, that Jehovah was God’s name. But I felt sure it would not be there. I was shocked when I came to Exodus 6:3, which reads: “I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.”
I realized in an instant that Jehovah was indeed God and that compared to him Satan was not powerful at all! Seeing the name I hated there in the Bible, as well as hearing about the hope of the resurrection, made me start studying with the Witnesses.

Perhaps not everyone in the occult realizes that God's name is Jehovah, just as most in Christendom do not realize that God's name is Jehovah and that their Bibles have intentionally removed that name at the behest of Satan so as to try and hide who he is.

Well, let him relate the rest:

Shortly afterward Gwen took me to a meeting of Jehovah’s Witnesses. The talk was about the wild beast mentioned in the Bible book of Revelation, the one with the number 666. I had learned quite a bit of twisted information about this from the demons, and now it really surprised me that these things were written in the Bible. I was interested, so the following week I began a regular Bible study with the Witnesses.
The demons, of course, didn’t want me to study. But I knew that what I was learning was the truth, and I was not going to give it up even though the demons tried to stop me. They would hit me while I was in bed. Once a blow to the head was so severe that it took hours for the pain to subside. I prayed to Jehovah for help, and after that he kept them out of my room.
However, the demons didn’t give up. From outside my bedroom, they would rattle the windows. They kept it up all night, so that I could only get a couple of hours of sleep. They were trying to wear me down. But I kept praying to Jehovah and going to all the meetings of the Witnesses, and Jehovah helped me.
True, the demons have great powers. They can even kill people, as they did Job’s ten children. (Job 1:18, 19) And I’m sure they wanted to kill me, since I had been their servant to whom they had granted special powers but who had abandoned them to serve their enemy, Jehovah God. So Jehovah’s ability to protect me is proof that we need not fear the demons.
In the summer of 1974 I attended the district convention of Jehovah’s Witnesses at the Oakland-Alameda County Stadium. There I decided that at the next such convention I would be baptized. So, in the same stadium, on July 18, 1975, I was baptized, and I married a fellow Witness that October.
Even after Mari and I were married, the demons harassed us, terrifying my wife on occasion. Mari was part of the congregation where I had begun attending meetings. She knew all about my background before our marriage. She even said she suspected that I was a male witch when I first began coming to the Kingdom Hall. I was really weird. I dressed completely in black and wouldn’t speak to anyone, just come to the meetings and sit there.
At one time we thought that we might not be freed from harassment by the demons until they and Satan were abyssed. (Revelation 20:1-3) Because of our drawing close to Jehovah in prayer and taking advantage of every spiritual provision that he makes through his organization, it has been years since the demons have harassed us as they did at first.
We are blessed to have three lovely daughters, and for the past four years, Mari has been serving in the ministry as a regular pioneer. We truly look forward to the time when Satan and his demons will be gone forever! In the meantime, even though no longer experiencing direct harassment from the demons, we never forget that we have a battle against them, even as the apostle Paul wrote: “We have a wrestling, not against blood and flesh, but . . . against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places.” (Ephesians 6:12)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
And what's wrong with fornicators and homosexuals?

Some of my best friends are both!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by cuckooold
And what's wrong with fornicators and homosexuals?

Some of my best friends are both!

Everyone is free to live their lives the way they choose to do right now. If that were not the case they would not be able to do so.

When Jesus came to earth he did not associate with the self-righteous religious leaders who looked down on the others. Rather he associated with the common people. Among many of these were people who practiced many of these things. But he did so because he knew that they were sorry for what they were doing, and after showing them love and mercy they repented from their bad ways. That is why the scripture states:

(1 Corinthians 6:9-11) . . .What! Do YOU not know that unrighteous persons will not inherit God’s kingdom? Do not be misled. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men kept for unnatural purposes, nor men who lie with men, 10 nor thieves, nor greedy persons, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit God’s kingdom. 11 And yet that is what some of YOU were. But YOU have been washed clean, but YOU have been sanctified, but YOU have been declared righteous in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Yes the Cult of Christianity with it's jealous warlord merciless baby murdering "God" is quite rampant in today's modern society. If people would only realize that if they quit giving these "churches" ten percent of their earnings...or any money whatsoever, and instead, give the monies to the poor and legitimate charities that actually help people the world would be better off.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc
Yes the Cult of Christianity with it's jealous warlord merciless baby murdering "God" is quite rampant in today's modern society. If people would only realize that if they quit giving these "churches" ten percent of their earnings...or any money whatsoever, and instead, give the monies to the poor and legitimate charities that actually help people the world would be better off.

We are in agreement on these things. In fact Jehovah's Witnesses from the start exposed the hypocritical condition that the leaders of Christendom, her clergy, are in.

People who state these things as you state have valid issues, and we agree with them!

Just for your information, Jehovah's Witnesses do not tith, we do not pass collections, we do not EVER solicit money, no one within our unified organization is paid any money. There are no paid clergy, those who witness for Jehovah are not paid for it. Everything is donated from our own time and money, and all we do is free. For Jesus himself said:

(Matthew 10:8) . . .YOU received free, give free.

The truth is free of charge and available to all who want it. Even you may take of life's water free:

(Revelation 22:17) . . .: “Come!” And let anyone hearing say: “Come!” And let anyone thirsting come; let anyone that wishes take life’s water free.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
My issue isn't with religion or a liar telling a lie, but with someone so naive they believe it and trying to convince others.

Faith is not based on naivety. In fact it is based on evident realities, things that can be proven by proofs, it is faith because although it is real and can be proven it cannot be seen:

(Hebrews 11:1) Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld.

For example. I have faith this night, that the sun will rise when I awake tomorrow morning. Is this faith based on naivety? Is it foolish and blind? No. For you see it has always risen every morning. And since I have concrete evedience that it always has, and since I know that the earth is still rotating on its axis around the sun, I can go to bed with the assurance, the faith, that it will raise in the morning.

Faith in the truth is based on study and perception reasoned with logic and sound thinking ability:

(Romans 12:1) . . .Consequently I entreat YOU by the compassions of God, brothers, to present YOUR bodies a sacrifice living, holy, acceptable to God, a sacred service with YOUR power of reason.

It is not based on emotion, on blind whims, or on what others pronounce.

The one more studies the facts, such as sound prophecy in the Bible, the archaeology that confirms it veracity, its benefit to those who apply its counsel, among other things, the more real faith grows.

Finally, true faith is not for every man:

(2 Thessalonians 3:2) . . .for faith is not a possession of all people.

In actually as only true faith can be proven, only those to whom God reveals himself as real can have real faith:

(Romans 12:3) . . .but to think so as to have a sound mind, each one as God has distributed to him a measure of faith.

I cannot give you faith. You can search for it. Of this I am assured, and if you let yourself God can give you real faith, and then you will open your eyes to the truth that it is no naivety. Until then, I understand why you say what you do.

(Acts 17:27) . . .for them to seek God, if they might grope for him and really find him, although, in fact, he is not far off from each one of us.

On the other hand liars will be done away with:

(Revelation 21:8) . . .But as for the cowards and those without faith and those who are disgusting in their filth and murderers and fornicators and those practicing spiritism and idolaters and all the liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur. This means the second death.”

edit on 15-4-2013 by SubAce because: To add part about what happens to liars.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

wow

You read my post, quoted my post, and yet you still don't have the most basic grasp of the English language to UNDERSTAND my post.

I clearly stated that I have no problem with religion yet you go on a rant about your faith which had nothing to do with what I said. I called you naive because you believed the false witness in your OP. I did not call you naive for believing in religion, in fact if believing in a religion makes you a better person I'm all for it and wish you well. But I do know your religion says something about bearing false witness and you should probably reread that part again. I trying to help you.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

The man sent to Pharaoh was Moses, his older brother Aaron was with him. Who did they represent? The true God Jehovah. What was now about to happen was a war between gods. The one God Jehovah and the gods of Egypt. Who would prove to be stronger?

So how did it end? I thought Egyptian Gods are made up fantasies ?? How can true God be fighting something that wasn't real ?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly
reply to post by SubAce

So how did it end? I thought Egyptian Gods are made up fantasies ?? How can true God be fighting something that wasn't real ?

Jehovah proved to be the true God. He showed up the false demon-gods of Egypt for what they were, powerless.

There is another good account in the Bible. There are many of Jehovah challenging the false demon-gods of the nations that surrounded Israel. One that is particularly striking is that of Jehovah vs Baal.

The false worship of the powerless demon-god Baal penetrated Israel, and thus the Israelite continued to serve Jehovah, the true God, but at the same time they served Baal.

Jehovah was not going to tolerate it any longer. He had Elijah challenge the priests of Baal to call on their god.

The priests of Baal assemble. And Elijah issues the challenge:

(1 Kings 18:21, 22) . . .Then E·li′jah approached all the people and said: “How long will YOU be limping upon two different opinions? If Jehovah is the [true] God, go following him; but if Ba′al is, go following him.” And the people did not say a word in answer to him. 22 And E·li′jah went on to say to the people: “I myself have been left as a prophet of Jehovah, I alone, while the prophets of Ba′al are four hundred and fifty men.

After stating the facts Elijah sets the challenge:

(1 Kings 18:24) . . .And YOU must call upon the name of YOUR god, and I, for my part, shall call upon the name of Jehovah; and it must occur that the [true] God that answers by fire is the [true] God.” To this all the people answered and said: “The thing is good.”

So the prophets of Baal gather and begin to shout to their god, and flog themselves (as was their custom, they would use daggers and lances to cut themselves and cause open wounds on themselves) and cried out to their god, yet he did not answer them. Then Elijah calls upon Jehovah:

(1 Kings 18:27-29) . . .And it came about at noon that E·li′jah began to mock them and say: “Call at the top of YOUR voice, for he is a god; for he must be concerned with a matter, and he has excrement and has to go to the privy. Or maybe he is asleep and ought to wake up!” 28 And they began calling at the top of their voice and cutting themselves according to their custom with daggers and with lances, until they caused blood to flow out upon them. 29 And it came about that, as soon as noon was past and they continued behaving as prophets until the going up of the grain offering, there was no voice, and there was no one answering, and there was no paying of attention.

So after Elijah's mocking of them, he calls upon Jehovah. Does he prove to be the living God? Listen!:

(1 Kings 18:36-39) . . .E·li′jah the prophet began to approach and say: “O Jehovah, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, today let it be known that you are God in Israel and I am your servant and it is by your word that I have done all these things. 37 Answer me, O Jehovah, answer me, that this people may know that you, Jehovah, are the [true] God and you yourself have turned their heart back.” 38 At that the fire of Jehovah came falling and went eating up the burnt offering and the pieces of wood and the stones and the dust, and the water that was in the trench it licked up. 39 When all the people saw it, they immediately fell upon their faces and said: “Jehovah is the [true] God! Jehovah is the [true] God!”

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

I failed to realize what you were doing probably because what you're saying makes no sense.

If you're going to call someone a liar you should provide your evidence. It's a serious charge, and one that should not be spoken without proof. That is how I would respond to anyone calling anyone else a liar. Since you have called someone out, you obviously know they are lying, thus instead of just calling him that, bring forth your proof. Otherwise it could just be considered slander on your part.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

I failed to realize what you were doing probably because what you're saying makes no sense. If you're going to call someone a liar you should provide your evidence. It's a serious charge, and one that should not be spoken without proof. That is how I would respond to anyone calling anyone else a liar. Since you have called someone out, you obviously know they are lying, thus instead of just calling him that, bring forth your proof. Otherwise it could just be considered slander on your part.

What I said in my post made perfect sense. Proof, evidence? OK let's discuss. You posted off site content without a link or source (T&C?) So if you are going to post something and provide nothing as proof or evidence to back wild claims I have every right to question said post and make my own determination as to what I think of the unsubstantiated story. Slander, try again. If you post in a thread claiming that you laid a egg and it hatched a lizard without proof, it is not slander to call you a liar.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Oh, I see. You're stating you don't believe it so it must be a lie?

Ok. So my first post still applies.

Otherwise, calling someone a liar without proof they are lying, to me makes no sense, so literally you were not making sense, except in the sense that you don't believe it, which is what I inferred, and why I was talking about faith in the beginning.

The Bible is quite plain in talking about Satan and the demons as real persons, and it also is very plain talking about sorcery, demons of prediction, and other things. If I understand you correctly, and you don't believe in this, you're just showing your lack of faith in the Bible. And thus again, my first post to your comment applies.

The story if you wish to read for yourself you can find here: g 1986 August 22, pp. 11-13.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

Take for one example a high priest of witchcraft name Gordon from England. Listen to his account:

So what page in the bible is the story about Gorgon the high priest of witchcraft from England? I never said I questioned the bible, is English a second language for you?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
reply to post by SubAce

So what page in the bible is the story about Gorgon the high priest of witchcraft from England? I never said I questioned the bible, is English a second language for you?

See previous post for the reference to that article.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join