It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where in the world is Kim Jong Un?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

SEOUL, April 14 (Yonhap) -- North Korea's young leader Kim Jong-un has not been seen in public over the past two weeks, setting off speculation that he might be tempted to tone down fiery threats of provocations, according to sources and an analyst on Sunday.

So apparently Un has not been seen for two weeks. Could he have taken refuge in another country? China perhaps? Russia? The article states that this may be a sign of him backing off of threats, however this may not be the case. There is a celebration to take place in a matter of hours in NK, it is to start on the 15th I believe,(the birthdate of Kim Il Sung, the eternal president), hope everybody is on guard still, just in case.english.yonhapnews.co.kr...
edit on 14-4-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Kim Kyong-hui is often construed as one of the last living "old guard" within North Korea's communist dynasty. She is Kim Jong Un's aunt and just so happens to be the daughter of North Korea's "Eternal President." Many intelligence analysts who focus on Asian affairs believe Kim Kyong-hui is the true leader in North Korea today as she is the one who specifically instructs Kim Jong Un on every decision he makes.

So this states his aunt is making decisions and is the true leader of NK. This does make sense, as Un is fairly young and immature to be in total control. So the question is, does this woman have something planned in honor of her husband on the 15th, his birth date?

Kim Kyong-hui can be seen in many images coming out of North Korea. She has stood at the side of her nephew in recent photographs and has also been seen at the front of the 2010 3rd Party Conference where all North Korean leaders were in attendance. She has served as a motherly figure to her nephew Kim Jong Un and many analysts believe he looks up to her more than anyone else. Kim Jong Un wants to appease his aunt. One way in doing this is through demonstration of might. Yet timing is everything and in only a few short days, he has the perfect opportunity to show his appreciation for Kim Kyong-hui. That opportunity comes on April 15th, the day her father, North Korea's "Eternal President," was born -- the day many intelligence professionals believe the world will watch yet another North Korean missile test.
www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 14-4-2013 by thesmokingman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Maybe his Military leaders have taken matters into their own hands and 'Silenced' him?

I've always thought that if he keeps looking like a fool and loses credibility as a leader on the World stage as well as amongst his people, they will take him out from within.

Just a thought of course.

Peace

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
He's in China hanging out, laughing about how upset they got everyone.. These guys are real life*** trolls...
China is giving him intel on their next move.. A puppet master must practice using his puppet..
edit on 14-4-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
So as I stated earlier, the question to ATS is, did Kim Jong Un leave NK because of the events that are to come? I mean, he does not care about his people as it is, could he be planning on letting his people be desrtoyed while he sits in a safe place in another country? OR, could this just be the calm before the storm? What do they really have planned for this missile "test" tomorrow?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This does make sense as there was an assassination attempt on him last year by his own military apparently.

Authorities were paying special attention because the attempt was made in downtown Pyongyang, not during one of Kim's regional trips outside the capital city, the intelligence officer told the JoongAng Ilbo newspaper on Thursday. The precise timing of the attack has not been accurately established, although there were rumours of a skirmish involving an exchange of gunfire in Pyongyang in November of last year.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

Behind the drapes ! Can't you see his Jack boots sticking out at the bottom ?

I got my Hobo Kelly shades on and I can see Timmy and Lori and Johnny and.....
edit on 14-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Maybe he is in one of the bunkers?

Kim Jong Il’s huge underground bunker uncovered

rt.com...

edit on 14-4-2013 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
He is threatening to nuke Japan and the USA,

He would be pretty stupid to go walking around in public, dont you think?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

It's the 15th in NK now.

www.timeanddate.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Someone said they saw him on a cruise ship in the gulf getting drunk and eating like a pig.

Maybe he is in a bunker somewhere or maybe they got him locked up because they think he may have gone a little crazy
I wasn't even aware that he wasn't seen around for two weeks, all the news stuff must be reruns

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Kim Jong-Un Moves To Underground Bunker

PYONGYANG, DPRK (BHN) - Photos released this morning by the North Korean military show leader Kim Jong-un has moved to a secure underground bunker presumably in preparation for an expected missile launch, possibly tomorrow.

NK is nothing to joke about but we could use a little break from all the doom reports..

peacemoonbeam.typepad.com...
edit on 14-4-2013 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

Looks like a whole chicken sitting in front of Un. The irony of it all !

"What does randyvs sae abou mi dis time ? "
" Oh no ! Now he make a me out to be a chickeen !"
"Fire misso ! "

reply to post by rickymouse

Someone said they saw him on a cruise ship in the gulf getting drunk and eating like a pig.

Ya never know Ricky, the guy might be a lot of fun to hang out with, when he's all toasted.

:
edit on 14-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Well now to get back on topic. I do see him under ground somewhere ( not surrounded by English labeled Pizza Boxes). Like Saddam did, worrying about a Tomahawk, or a smart bomb.

These threats are really nothing new from N Korea, except the threat of nuclear weapons. These happen every time that U.S joint military exercises happen with S Korea.

What bothers me is the time MSM is giving to them this time, and that China has come out and said there will be no nuclear weapons in either Korea.

There have been none of the low level indicators that happen when troops are mobilized. Like extra MREs being made, shipping or the air national reserve being call up, and in the case of Korea no increase in winter supplies from civilian suppliers. This tells me that the U.S is not getting ready for a ground war. If any ground forces are going to be used they will be mainly S Korean, and Chinese.

I am 90% sure they will fire of a missile , or do something for Kim to save face. The only question I have, is that going to be a excuse to remove N Korea from their cold war time warp.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I often say the same of GW Bush. All politics aside, I think he'd be a great guy to go bar hopping with. Imagine the stories you'd hear after a few rounds.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I guess Un has been partying today.

www.reuters.com...

The third Kim to rule in Pyongyang attended a midnight celebration of his father and grandfather's rule with top officials including his kingmaker uncle Jang Song-thaek and the country's top generals.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Another Un appearance:

N. Korea leader pays tribute to late grandfather, father

SEOUL, April 15 (Yonhap) -- North Korean leader Kim Jong-un visited a mausoleum for his deceased father and grandfather on Friday to mark the 101st birthday of the founder of the communist country, Pyongyang's official media said.

Accompanied by members of the country's top military brass, Kim made the visit to the Kumsusan Palace of the Sun in Pyongyang to pay "high tribute and humblest reverence" to former leaders Kim Il-sung, the country's founder, and his son Kim Jong-il, the Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) reported.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueAjah

I expect a missile launch at any moment myeslf, just a prediction, but I do not think they will wait to commemorate the celebration until U.S. time, but, you never do know.....

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I agree.
I think the odds are they will do something very soon.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
He's in Sandeigo with Carmen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join