It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Shaggy dog story to make you smile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Hi guys

These adorable pictures show Julian Becker and his 165 pound pet Max, the shaggy Newfoundland that never leaves his best friend's side.

Five-year-old Julian's mother Stasha started taking pictures of the odd couple every day before they got in the family car in Whidbey Island, Washington state, U.S., although both Julian and Max were born in England.

With her husband away regularly in his role as a U.S. naval officer, the pictures began as a way of keeping in touch.

Full article

Enjoy

Cody

edit on 14/4/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Thats great cody. Such wonderful pictures for the boy to keep forever:..As the old saying goes every picture tells a story
...Thanks for posting these

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

It fair warmed the cockles of my heart Doc
Cody

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
What a gorgeous dog!

Does anyone know their temperament? He looks so calm and protective.

I love your threads, Cody.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Its a Newfoundland dog. I have known people who have kept them and never heard any bad stories about them

The Newfoundland is a Working dog. Newfoundlands can be black, brown, or black and white (Landseer). They were originally bred and used as a working dog for fishermen in the Dominion of Newfoundland, now part of Canada.[1][2] They are known for their giant size, tremendous strength, calm dispositions, and loyalty. Newfoundland dogs excel at water rescue/lifesaving because of their muscular build, thick double coat, webbed feet, and innate swimming abilities.[3]

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
What a gorgeous dog!

Does anyone know their temperament? He looks so calm and protective.

I love your threads, Cody.

I have a friend with one I could no better describe it than thus

According to the AKC Standard, "Sweetness of temperament is the hallmark of the Newfoundland." This is a vibrant breed who adores being around people, and wants to be included in all aspects of family life

However

Newfoundlands can develop severe separation anxiety. They adore people and become anxious and depressed when left alone for long periods of time, which they express by chewing destructively.

Having said that

They get along fabulously with children, remaining patient when kids want to climb all over them, whether at play, or simply to snuggle up to relax in the evening.

This explains it

One of the best breeds in the world IMHO

IF you have the time devote to them. As a kids dog and partner for life ? Well I think the pictures speak volumes.

Cody

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Great post Cody,

Mega S+F

I was going to answer Smylees question but you beat me to it.

I should open a clinic and take you on as a vets assistant

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

If those fresh croissants are part of the deal
Count me in
Cody

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by Rodinus

If those fresh croissants are part of the deal
Count me in
Cody

So the wine doesn't interest you? you know that my out-laws have a vineyard?

Warmest

Rod

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

There's wine as well

Pick me up at Calais

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by Rodinus

There's wine as well

Pick me up at Calais

Bring the van over with Doc and all the other lads n lasses from the UK and i will fill it up for you

Not far actually and i can arrange a pretty decent wine tasting tour with possibility of having a very large Gite (for up to 9 people) in the Loire valley region!

Oh well.. i suppose i had better go now as Mrs Rodinus wants me to try out those MC hammer Gold latex pants that i have retrieved from the wardrobe
... yep it's Sunday again and i haven't been to the bakers today... so it's Rodinuses lucky night (if i don't slip and break my neck trying to put those pants on.... *wheres the talc?*

Waremest respects

Rod

top topics

join