It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corrupt private educated people. Should private schools be banned to stop them corrupting generation

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Should private education be banned in the UK, possibly the world? In the uk right now we have a situation where all the politicians, top exectutives..... are from private school. (Some also referred to as public schools here) The Uk has never been more corrupt. All political parties are full of people who studied at the same schol, university and the same degree.

People who have been privately educated cannot be trusted to act morally from their own volition.Their immorality has destroyed the UK's financial situation of the this country and probably others too. So should private schools be outlawed in the UK? Should it be made unlawful to stop them corrupting future generations?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by werewolf99
Should private education be banned in the UK, possibly the world? In the uk right now we have a situation where all the politicians, top exectutives..... are from private school. (Some also referred to as public schools here) The Uk has never been more corrupt. All political parties are full of people who studied at the same schol, university and the same degree.

People who have been privately educated cannot be trusted to act morally from their own volition.Their immorality has destroyed the UK's financial situation of the this country and probably others too. So should private schools be outlawed in the UK? Should it be made unlawful to stop them corrupting future generations?

Some awfully blanketed statements there.........

Private education is up to the parents......they know the curriculum and how they are taught......

If thats the choice of the parents then I believe that should be honored.......

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I don't know how it is in the UK for education but I tend to feel it's precisely the opposite here. Public school has the metal detectors in a growing % of cities, criminal actions being committed daily up and down the whole education system and serious felonies, not just petty theft, while it gets worse to budgets being cut and more.

Private schools here have to operate in a competitive environment and if they don't deliver an education worth the cost, parents won't deliver children with the tuition checks.

I looked into putting my son into private school and we tried everything we could imagine to find a way.....but with his special needs in particular, one school would have him. The best we could get for a rate when last we checked was $20,000 per school year. That was almost 2/3rds of my gross, not net, annual income as a trucker working 90 hours a week to earn it.

Sometimes money does talk and that price told us we could only dream.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Ridiculous. We are fortunate to be able to afford private school for our kids. The school is very open about the curriculum and strongly encourage parental involvement in all aspects of school. My kids love it (they both test 2 grades higher in most subjects than the national average) and I love the fact that they wear uniforms. The kids don't have to worry about fashion statements and concentrate on school and being a kid. At least in my family's case, I believe my children's education and experiences are much better than most public schools. What I see and hear from public schools in the news is down right scary.
edit on 13-4-2013 by jtrenthacker because: I corrected spelling of a word. Apparently I received a poor education.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

reply to post by jtrenthacker

Obviously your education was not too good as ridiculous has a i not an e: you spelt it rediculous.

The death throws of a weak argument is personal attacks......

I would suggest probably staying on top sense it is your thread......

if you dont like what they have to say then debate the point........

Im in agreement that eliminating CHOICES from the people on how to raise their own kids is a horrible idea
edit on 13-4-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
The main point is that the corruption of those private schooled says for itself the problem. Saying that it is up to the parents to choose, is like saying that if I want to turn kids into sociopathic terrorists then it is up to me. In a civilized country the state always has rules which the individual has to obey. Why should children be educated in a corrupting manner: I am not allowed to deny them medical treatment in the uk. Why would I be allowed to not worry about their moral needs.

I will say this. Can anyone give any evidence to refute my claim that those privately educated people cannot be trusted to act in a moral and uncorrupt manner? The old boys network and cronyism of the uk is incredible. The best people should not be kept out by corruption.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

The main point is that the corruption of those private schooled says for itself the problem. Saying that it is up to the parents to choose, is like saying that if I want to turn kids into sociopathic terrorists then it is up to me. In a civilized country the state always has rules which the individual has to obey. Why should children be educated in a corrupting manner: I am not allowed to deny them medical treatment in the uk. Why would I be allowed to not worry about their moral needs.

I will say this. Can anyone give any evidence to refute my claim that those privately educated people cannot be trusted to act in a moral and uncorrupt manner? The old boys network and cronyism of the uk is incredible. The best people should not be kept out by corruption.

Thats just it tho, its not YOUR choice, you dont get to force YOUR ideology on what YOU think is right and wrong on other people......

We could ask you the same, can you prove that NONE of the people taught at private institutions can be trusted to act in a moral and uncorrupt manner?

Since this accusation was in your first post, I say the burden of proof is on you...

I would say trying to dictate how people educate their kids is an immoral and corrupted thought process
edit on 13-4-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

link   

I will say that I was talking about the uk. You are obviously an american as in the uk a public school is a private school where you only see your children a month a year: because they stay there the rest of the time.

link   

I will say that I was talking about the uk. You are obviously an american as in the uk a public school is a private school where you only see your children a month a year: because they stay there the rest of the time.

But thats still the parents choice to do so......

link   
reply to post by werewolf99

I'm going to play the devil's advocate and ask for evidence for your claims. I wouldn't be surprised all politicians have come from both public and private schools; heck! I wouldn't be surprised some were home schooled. What we need to do is show the politicians were sick of all the corruption. We need to fix all governments.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I am an American and yes private school here is very different from what you describe. I would never send my children away and only see them one month out of the year. I find that more disturbing than how or what they are being taught.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
In the uk all the politicians of the three political parties: went to school at Eton, got their degree from oxford and studied the same degree course of politics philosophy and economics. The other of the politicians in the parties are also to such a degree that it has been covered in the press on the uk a lot.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Bare in mind that the above link is the bbc so this is actually the official line: the truth being much worse. Also why should a parent be allowed to wreck an entire country for their little darling child. The truth is that I am not allowed to do many things because of laws: many less damaging for others than sending your child to eton. Any citizen of any country has a duty to that country. They are not always allowed to put themselves or their children first.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
You should not take away peoples choice!

What we should do is INSIST that government does not consist entirely of those educated at one establishment.
We should also do away with career politicians. Four years and your OUT.
Nobody in government should have ANY links with large companies/corporations.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
If it is a matter of choice. Does that mean that if I want to send my kids to a terrorist training camp then that is ok too? After all it they are my kids and if I want to brainwash them into being terrorists then it is my choice. The affect upon society this would have does not take presidence over my right to choose what to do with my kids. Perhaps I should deny them medical treatment if I want? Teach them to hate other races?

After all these things are no more damaging than the damage done by privately educated individuals to the uk everyday.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Private schools should be banned because they are the opposite of democratic. If both public and private schools exist, don't you think that the bourgeoisie are going to have their children educated in the school that costs a lot of money to attend, while the proletariat are going to send their children to public school? Does this not create two different educational systems, where one is better than the other? This very thing has been debated by some of the greatest minds in our country, and it has been determined, from what I have seen, that private schools should not exist in the US. In other countries this is illegal for the exact reason I described, although there are many other reasons as well.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Well said. I couldn't agree with you any more.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The problem is not with the private education. It is all about the attitude of the people. Education can never ruin a person for sure, and it all depends on how the person views the world. Private Schools like Sunnybrook School in Toronto, actually helps in making a person socialized, well mannered and better.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
For some people private school is more a place to socialize with other elites and learn to favour each other over other people: granted this is probably more a case with the very elite private schools.

I do have one questions why is it that the children of rock stars are unlike other elites.? Yes they use family connections to get good jobs and position althoug they do not need the money: in their case generally modelling. However other elites: whether they got their a generation ago or many: they are on average more educated by having degrees. I do not want to go into a discussion here on the merit of degrees.... However rock stars children almost never have degrees, or any qualifications.

Is it just that they went into music because they were less academic? Do they simply not care? Or are they simply less intelligent? Or with highly skewed intelligence? I suppose most of the above we will never know: I cannot imagine they would ever let themselves be protrayed in a bad light.

Is sending them to get ab expensive education the ultimate sign of wealth. That your dog can get a steinway if you have the money, but a talented pianist with no money will not have anything to play.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join