It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Rep. Woolsey to join panel debating cover-up of alien life on Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Well, welll. Look what I found in my newspaper today.

This is too rich not to share with the class, and I could not find any mention of this symposium on ATS.
So here is some information.

Retired Congresswoman Lynn Woolsey of Petaluma will help preside over a five-day media event aimed at revealing evidence of an “extraterrestrial presence” and a decades-long government effort to cover it up.

Woolsey, who retired last year after representing Sonoma and Marin counties for 20 years on Capitol Hill, is among six former federal lawmakers tapped as panelists for the Citizen Hearing on Disclosure, starting April 29 at the National Press Club in Washington.

The $600,000 event, put on by the Bethesda, Md.-based Paradigm Research Group, will offer — and film for a future documentary — 30 hours of congressional-style hearings devoted to the premise of an ET-like presence “engaging the human race.”

“This event is a milestone; this has never been done before,” said Stephen Bassett, executive director of Paradigm, a lobbying organization formed in 1996.

More than 30 witnesses will testify over five days during the Citizen Hearing on Disclosure, focusing on what Bassett’s group calls “the most important issue of this or any other time.”

Please read for more information

Two more former congressman added to roster.

^ Check this link out as well, released on April 9th.

-----------

So what's up with this eh?

Retired / Members of the Government seem to think this is worthy of discussion. I find that in itself very interesting.
I'm hoping much of this is recorded onto video, as I don't think I'll be making it up North for this conference.

Unfortunately I am a bit pessimistic about this one. Look at the UFO angle not as E.T but from an *advanced technology* point of view--- and we can clearly see a conflict of interest between the Tesla types (RIP) and the Bankster types (Go2Hell).

These people make trillions of dollars maintaining the status quo of Oil + Pharmacy + Crap Food. What UFO technology represents to me, is a boom of technology that could reverse the plight of civilization. I really doubt they are going to let a few ex-government officials release any new information.

From the old Farside joke, "My god! I've found the cure for cancer!" to which his colleague replies "Like hell you did, and ruin our funding?"

----

Optimistically it might help legitimize this bitter struggle of uncovering any technologies (be they inter or intra galactic) that many have witnessed first hand in the sky- in the form of UFOs.

Or perhaps they'll ignore the technology aspect of UFOs, and really delve deep into these poor folk stricken by beings looming over them in the middle of the night? You know who you are.

.. Anyway, enjoy, and please feel free to add as much info as possible.

Thanks to Isaac; Original thread can be found here: (By K-PAX-PROT)
Citizen Hearing On Disclosure – April 29 To May 3, 2013 – Washington, DC
edit on 13-4-2013 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

This is hypothetically covering up alien life as opposed to currently covering it up correct?

I am asking to see what direction this is actually going.

Good work in the post though TC. Star and flag.

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
I could not find any mention of this symposium on ATS.

There are a couple of relevant threads, including the three page discussion in the thread at the link below (with various bits of information and comment):
Citizen Hearing On Disclosure – April 29 To May 3, 2013 – Washington, DC

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Oh! Thanks Isaac. I scrolled through the UFO forum trying to find anything similar, seems I missed that one.

Will bloodhound my way through that thread

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

This is hypothetically covering up alien life as opposed to currently covering it up correct?

I am asking to see what direction this is actually going.

Good work in the post though TC. Star and flag.

-SAP-

They seem to be setting it up as a Debate. Which would make things especially interesting I think. I do hope those who represent us UFO experiencers will do us justice. Though things like this are exactly what we need, I am still not holding any high expectations for this.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Retired / Members of the Government seem to think this is worthy of discussion.

I think it's more a case of they smell a cushy payday .

The six panelists are being paid $20,000 each plus their expenses for participating

I think this is just a stunt , I'm interested in seeing who the mystery backer is though .

Bassett said the six-figure cost of the event is being covered by a backer who will be identified later. The backer is “someone who wants to see this issue resolved,” Bassett said.

Perhaps ...

Stephen Bassett and Dr. Steven Greer, who share the same goal - ending the extraterrestrial-related phenomena truth embargo and the launching of the most profound transition in human history. Photo courtesy of Paola Harris
www.paradigmresearchgroup.org...

I wonder who's making Bssett's documentary ....

edit on 13-4-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I am still not holding any high expectations for this.

I wouldn't either but I guess it's a start to some kind of a debate regarding ET. However hiding the knowledge from people is just wrong. Considering the people that are in "power" are (most) elected, they should tell us everything because people put them there.

Pipe dreams never stop though.

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Retired / Members of the Government seem to think this is worthy of discussion.

I think it's more a case of they smell a cushy payday .

The six panelists are being paid $20,000 each plus their expenses for participating

I think this is just a stunt , I'm interested in seeing who the mystery backer is though .

Bassett said the six-figure cost of the event is being covered by a backer who will be identified later. The backer is “someone who wants to see this issue resolved,” Bassett said.

Beat me to it.

They are paying people to participate. While this is an attempt to add credibility, to me it only takes it away. If they had something worth sharing they wouldn't need to pay people to come.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Great find Booker. 20,000 dollars would surely be enough to wipe away the debt, eh?

----

This kinda hits the last nail in the coffin for me. If only I knew where to sign up, I might have the next two years' of rent paid.

-

Very interesting though, this hidden backer--- I've suddenly something to look forward to.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Great find Booker. 20,000 dollars would surely be enough to wipe away the debt, eh?

Yeah the mystery backer , I've updated my post above , it may not be him but I just got the feeling that the documentary might be a pie he'd want to get a piece of and he now has the connections since Sirius.
We will see

edit on 13-4-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Oh yeah. Steven "The Mothman" Greer & his band of Rockefeller funded officials (Disclosure Proj.)

Who will it be this time, J.P Morgan?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I for one would enjoy seeing this event being rediculed live by troll attendees that are present to mock the witnesses.

I don't have a good feeling on the outcome of this event, I can see the frustration boiling over in witnesses as they get hounded by impertinent queries regarding innate details that hold no relevance towards what they are trying to convey.

Until they hold a massive convention to disclose timetravel, government 'revelations' still hold little interest to me.

I can see ats'ers and their posts already in the form of associated press questions.

man the dookie cannons, it's about to hit the fan.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Told ya =) I wouldnt lie to you about something like this- haha.

Dont expect much to happen though.

They will come out saying in the end "nothing to see here folks-move along"

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Yep, when you told me this I shrugged it off. Then I had to read it in my morning paper.

This is going to be nothing more than misinformation, either for or against the phenomena.

After watching the documentary Thrive multiple times, checking facts and failures throughout the documentary, I've become uneasy with it.
Though I fully promote the next steps needed to sustain our planet and save the people (Energy, food distribution, restructuring of society) ---- We all know the adjustment transition aint gunna be pretty, especially with the decrepit scumbags at the tippy top of our pyramidal power structure.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Look at how they work this field of suppression, slandering all the names who may be working for disclosure or a part of counterpro intelligence but its a systematic thing. First there is a huge event, even ex politicians then the slandering.

UFOS ARE REAL. THEY ARE PILOTED. SOME ARE BY BLACK OPS AND SOME ARE ET AND SOME ARE BOTH AS THEY'RE GENETICALLY ENGINEERED HYBRIDS.

And this like a very worthy event even if you have to siphon through the credos and boxes thrown in by the black ops with the info.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The real problem now is that IF the US Government were to disclose their long history with ETs then they would also need to explain there suppression of the technologies they have received. How are they going to explain the fact that they have sat on free energy, space travel and the like for decades?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Metallicus
The real problem now is that IF the US Government were to disclose their long history with ETs then they would also need to explain there suppression of the technologies they have received. How are they going to explain the fact that they have sat on free energy, space travel and the like for decades?

Honestly, it would be embarrassing but I think people would get over it.. It is what it is and we can't change it, if it happened -- unless one of the hidden technologies is time travel.

It's a sunk cost at this point and shouldn't factor into decisions about disclosure.
edit on 4/14/13 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RedDragon

Embarrassing? Maybe for them.

Outrageous for their slaves, however. (Us.)

This technology represents freedom from dept slavery as a whole.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I really doubt they are going to let a few ex-government officials release any new information.

You found the answer yourself. Don't get your hopes up, be realistic, be objective, don't be a believer whose system will shatter when facts are different from what they believed.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

new topics

top topics

join