It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the US can bring down all the missiles thrown at it..why bother?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
OP has discovered that if any nuke detonates on any inch of US soil it will be 100% FALSE FLAG...

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I may not be right about this, but even though they may be able to shoot down a missile, the war head may still be intact. It could still explode on impact. I just recall a discussion they televised during the development of the star wars defense program. That was one of the concerns they had during the development stages.
edit on 13-4-2013 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
It is posturing in an attempt to get the other side to back down, both claiming that they are correct, when neither is.

If China wasn't aiding to help feed his people then I would say NK president might be justified in moving weapons around, but not threatening Tokyo.

At that point where China is helping him feed his people, there is no conflict necessary unless the needs of the people to be fed are met.

Now, if they are starving to death that's another story.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
OP has discovered that if any nuke detonates on any inch of US soil it will be 100% FALSE FLAG...

Is that an air conditioner in your avatar?

AC

Ice age

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by heineken
If the US can bring down any missile North Korea launches, why even bother about this war?

Is the defence system as advertised by the Media?

From what I have seen from the Israel - Palestinian aggressions , Israel were capable of intercepting most of the rockets thrown at it...like 90% success (correct me if im wrong), and I think its more difficult to intercept short range small rockets, so large long range ballistic missiles like north Korea has should pose no risk at all

Regardless of all the super powers in the history of this world, some how, some way, they fell and were concurred, no matter how powerful they were.
So every thing is a threat..EVAERYTHING !

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Miracula

Hence why you watch China and what all it is doing. They are going to give signals, both obvious and subtle, and I would say it is the subtle ones that are ultimately going to be the key ones. So far China has done everything in its power to block and protect NK. It does not want a destabilized region in that part of the world, as it would loose, nor can it allow for NK to be run roughshod over. It is trying to balance out its interest.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

If the US can bring down any missile North Korea launches, why even bother about this war?

Because there are more than missiles involved. The more likely threat is NK rolling through the DMZ after a massive artillery attack (much harder to intercept) on SK. And, there are other ways to deliver a nuke, other than a missile, such as through tunnels, ships, etc.

Is the defence system as advertised by the Media?

Likely better. The Patriot 3 in Iraqi Freedom was touted as having a near 100% success rate, combine that with Aegis SM-3's in the area, and it's a pretty effective gauntlet for a missile to have to get through. If a missile is actually headed to the US, then after this gauntlet, it then has to deal with the midcourse GB-1 defenses, then in the terminal stage (descending to target), it then has to run a whole other Patriot/Aegis gauntlet again!

Keep in mind, these are NOT the same Patriots we saw in the first Gulf War intercepting SCUDs..these are far better.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Okay. So let's say I'm Kim Jong Un and I have 1 nuclear warhead which took me a long time to make and I want to make it land on US soil. But the US has a missile deflection system which will knock out a missile with 90% efficiency... Hmmm... What do I do?

So do you know what I would do?

Well, while I only have 1 nuclear warhead and 1 ICBM that's really any good at hitting the target I tell it to, I can always, mass produce a bunch of warheadless ICBM which kinda go in the right direction but it doesn't really matter what they do, as long as they look the part at least up until the final 15 minutes or so.

I would load up my 1 nuclear warhead into my 1 good ICBM, and launch it simultaniously with all my not so great ICBMs all towards my target on US soil. Let's say the US can shoot down 10 ICBMs in 1 "session" which with a huge network of satellites, radars and launchers isn't too farfetched at a 90% deflection rate, out of those 10, 1 would get through. Not great.

But what if I launched 100? 100 ICBMs isn't hard for a military industrial nation such as NK to build in secret over the past 5 years. Then 91 get through and the US enjoys only a 9% reflection rate. Meaning that there's a 91% chance my missile made it to my target which seem like pretty good odds to me.

Lone launches aren't a problem, but this is why a rogue nation with a single WMD is a threat.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I personally believe we(the US) can intercept any missile.

Nobody mentioned lasers or any other means.

Everyone seems so positively sure of what our military has.

I think that top secret, means top secret.

You can say what you want about my beliefs on this.

All that I can say is that you wont know what we have based off of published/released papers or news articles. How do I know?

Just look at all of the tech our government used and kept secret from the public in the past.

Everyone knows you don't show your hand until it is time to call.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Dbl post. Sorry
edit on 18-4-2013 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
trouble is
if the enemy decides to back pack in a bomb through mexico
whatcha gonna do?

the chinese could just as well ship the bombs in to the inland port of kansas and fire them from there

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
They can they just want to wait for the perfect time to attack.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

If the US can bring down all the missiles thrown at it..why bother?

The US is a nation of lies upon lies. If they had the power to withstand a nuclear attack the US would not blink to cease the moment.

What people see on discovery channel and National Geographic is nothing but propaganda. It is a bloody commercial to sell arms.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

No country has the ability to withstand a nuclear attack. The US has better defenses than a lot of them, but they're not perfect, just as no one else has a perfect defense system. Any country that thought they could withstand a nuclear attack, that had nuclear weapons would have used them by now.
edit on 4/19/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join