It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

comedian Johnathan Winters dead at age 87

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I was very young when I first saw him on Mork and Mindy because he was a comedian before my time, performing in the 50's and the 60's. However, I do remember him and just want to make this thread to honor him.

todayentertainment.today.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
His role in disclosing Israels bid to control the oil market will not be forgotten.
There may be a conspiracy here somewhere.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I remember his show where he would go through a room full of junk and use pieces of the junk for props. Also remember his appearances in Scooby Doo...

Personally he wasn't hilarious but he was good clean fun.

May he rest in peace after a full life of 87 years...
edit on 12-4-2013 by Terminal1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

Yes...I too remember him. He had a major gift to make people laugh...he was so funny.

R.I.P. Jonathan you and your gifts will be missed.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I almost didn’t come in here. Seems every time I either host or visit a thread about a famous person dying the hate grows so thick and quick it's disturbing. Or, I find out too many things I never wanted to know.

For Mr. Winter's - the greatest stand-up/improv man of all time I’ll drop in and give my respects.

Rest well - you made us laugh.

Pure genius.

peace

edit on 12-4-2013 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I remember him best as the truck driver riding on a little girls bike after being duped by the legendary Phil Silvers in the Hollywood classic " It's A Mad,Mad,Mad,Mad World.

Comedy Gold.

R.I.P Johnathan Winters

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Now I know I'm losing my mind because I could
have sworn he died a long time ago.

In fact I would have bet my life on it...
Life has become surreal

I remember him best as the truck driver riding on a little girls bike after being duped by the legendary Phil Silvers in the Hollywood classic " It's A Mad,Mad,Mad,Mad World.
yes I remember watching that movie as a child with my family
and just about raised the roof laughing.
Most of my family has passed now but I have great memories watching Johnathan Winters
He would make appearances on the old comedy hours like Dean Martin,Don Rickles,Jerry Lewis and Carol Burnett...

edit on 13-4-2013 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

Now I know I'm losing my mind because I could
have sworn he died a long time ago.

In fact I would have bet my life on it...
Life has become surreal

yes I remember watching that movie as a child with my family
and just about raised the roof laughing.
Most of my family has passed now but I have great memories watching Johnathan Winters
He would make appearances on the old comedy hours like Dean Martin,Don Rickles,Jerry Lewis and Carol Burnett...

That is so weird you saying that because I too thought he died quite awhile ago

In fact I too would have wagered on it...very strange!

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Oddly enough, a lot of the younger generation confuse him with Rodney Dangerfield, who died in 2004. I loved them both. I first saw Johnathan Winters on the Ed Sullivan show, and later on the Tonight show when I was a kid. He was probably the best comedian of his day, and was able to keep active all these years , and still funny as hell. He was a real quick wit and could improv himself in just about any situation. He will be missed

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Ah, he was one of the greats. Robin Williams idolized him, and he will be very sad and probably speak at his funeral. In fact his funeral should be a huge gathering of several generations of comedians.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
He was the man who voiced Grandpa Smurf, on the Smurfs. He looked like a good guy, sad that he died. but as long as the Smurfs keep airing, I'm sure he won't be forgotten.

edit on 13-4-2013 by extraterrestrialentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterMiyagi

Comedy Gold.

R.I.P Johnathan Winters

It's A Mad Mad Mad Mad World is one of my favorite movies. I think it was one of his best performances.

God Bless Johnathan Winters

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I will miss his wonderful voices. The first time I saw Jonathan Winters was in cartoon form on Scooby-Doo. I think Shaggy's character doing voices was inspired by him. A big loss to Hollywood whether they believe it or not.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Sad news for sure.. i am nearly 50 and old enough to have seen many performances from Johnathan Winters.

RIP Mr Winters...gone but not forgotten....

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Octave

I give up on keeping up with dead celebrities.
Like I said though I thought he died back in the 70's.

posted on Apr, 26 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
May his beautiful soul rest in perfect peace. Amen!

new topics

top topics

join