It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it like being dead for eternity?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Kgnow

Your answer is almost perfect IMO , about this part

Reincarnation is not simply being reborn as another human. Reincarnation is the scientifically verifiable transfer and exchange of elements and energy from one body to another.

How do you divide human beings into element and energy based on religious facts? Where is the proof ?

link   
I believe like others have posted. Can't remember anything from before you were born and the same will probably apply after your death.

Dead means dead. Live means alive. Simple as that.

There is a spirit I believe and that is the spirit that resides in the memories of people who still live around you. That is the reason why life is important. If you were a doo doo head in life, that is how your spirit will be transferred to others after death. If you were a good person, that will be transferred as well.

To me, concepts of God and afterlife dampen the importance of life. You are supposed to be good while alive because once you are dead... well you are dead and there is nothing you can do anymore.
edit on 12-4-2013 by Terminal1 because: crazy typo...

link   
To find an answer to your question, it might help to consider the opposite question: what is it like being alive for eternity? Either you believe there is some form of life after death or you do not...

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by Rodinus
If you are old enough to remember the older types of televisions then let me say this :

When you switched of the television the image would disappear into the middle of the screen and then leave a white dot for a while before blinking off and then nothing...

If you cannot remember what it was like before you were born then this will be what it is like after...

Quite simply nothing.

With all due respect, we aren't televisions. And how do you know? None of us know for certain what will happen after we die. I have had some experiences that imply there is more existence after death, but I still can't say for sure.

Hi Kay,

Most of us here have explained in some way or another the way we see it as what it would be like to be dead.

This is my own personal way of picturing it, and thats all.

The light goes off... and nothing afterwards... maybe i might be wrong and if i am, then that is another great lesson that i will have learned in life... erm, or would that be in death?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
If I could answer that question, then I would be dead. But still here. And that, my friend, is hell.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
That would be a wise question for a Vampire

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

edit on 12-4-2013 by Thisbseth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
What would it be like to go to sleep and never wake up, what would it be like to wake up having never been to sleep.

I like the theory that its like a wave, the peak is the experience of life the trough that of death and so on and so forth.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I don't know how to answer your question. I am immortal so I wouldn't know.....whoops, spelling error, I should have said I am immoral

Enough stupid joking. The fact is I do not know what it would be like to be dead for eternity, possibly like a sleep with no dreams. It seems to me as if it would be eternal rest which I look forward to some day.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

"How do you divide human beings into element and energy based on religious facts? Where is the proof ?"

Our entire bodies are made up of elements and energy. Chemical and bioelectrical energy carries our thoughts, perceptions, and bodily commands. These elements and energy came from the plants, animals, rocks, water, fire, air, and Sun. As our bodies are made up of the substances of others, so to will the substances in our bodies contribute to the substances in others.

The word "Religion" stems and is rooted from the Latin word "Religare", which means "to bind", "to tie down", and "to hold back".

These posts are not propagate religion, but rather, stating what is observable by the Death in others.

You are the universe, and the universe is you.

Peace

edit on 12-4-2013 by Kgnow because: Grammar

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JustEve

Why would anyone come back and inform you of anything?

Let me ask you something: What did you dream about last night? How about the night before? Are you going to go back to the dream you had last Tuesday to tell the dream you aren't dreaming about it anymore?

Of course no one comes back. This dream isn't really that interesting.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
One of two things happen when you die.

1) Your spirit moves on to a different plane (dimension)

2) You go night night like when you have surgery and that is it. You are gone. You won't know your gone because your dead. You just cease to exist. Eventually every atom of your existence will be recycled back into the earth.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The 2 most dominant theories in the west, Christianity and atheism both offer pretty depressing philosophies on death.

You either have heaven or hell for Christians or for the athiests you have nothing. Heaven sounds like its for goody two shoes only, Hell sounds a bit painful and nothingness is incomprehensible.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by JustEve

Why would anyone come back and inform you of anything?

Let me ask you something: What did you dream about last night? How about the night before? Are you going to go back to the dream you had last Tuesday to tell the dream you aren't dreaming about it anymore?

Of course no one comes back. This dream isn't really that interesting.

Ermmm my question was rhetorical. Thanks

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
we cannot die-its impossible.When the flesh-conveyance finally gives out-we phase-shift to another form,energy.We are energy.We are Spirit.

What has scared me when going through some of my worse depressions:The (at that time)despair-inducing knowledge that i'm going to be alive for all eternity-in some form,in some place.
No such thing as a clean get-away,sorry!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I think it's a lot of people dearest wish. To fade to black - true peace - nothingness.

In fact I think many people have to bank on this belief - considering the way they conduct their life. It's necessary for some people, to convince themselves, that all their secrets will die with them - and that there is no judgement on passing from this plane of existence to the next.

I think many people have to convince themselves this is true - that death is nothingness - cause if it's not - then there is a lot to answer for upon death. Isn't there?

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
I think it's a lot of people dearest wish. To fade to black - true peace - nothingness.

In fact I think many people have to bank on this belief - considering the way they conduct their life. It's necessary for some people, to convince themselves, that all their secrets will die with them - and that there is no judgement on passing from this plane of existence to the next.

I think many people have to convince themselves this is true - that death is nothingness - cause if it's not - then there is a lot to answer for upon death. Isn't there?

Peace,
Cirque

To think that anyone will be judged by a higher being upon passing is quite frankly insane.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

I don't know what happens in death. I've never died before in this life to come back and tell you.

As far as judgement, well a very many of us would be very much insane to believe we are held accountable for our actions in death - considering how we live our life. So yes, I can see - how someone whose led their life for only for themselves while stepping on others for their gratification - I can see how they would think it insane somehow we hold ourselves accountable in death. But I don't think we need anyone to do it for us. I have a suspicion we're asked to judge our own actions upon death and realizing the truth. That there is no end. And you go from there. Probably back down here to try and give it a another go around - hoping...hoping...to transcend out of this circuit.

But I don't think your insane for not believing in existence after death. I think your entitled to your own opinion, whatever makes you happy.

Blessings,
Cirque
edit on 12-4-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: spelling

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

what is it like being dead for eternity?

To find out follow the following steps:

1. turn on tv

2. turn to CSpan

3. watch for hours

And that's what its like to be dead for eternity.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

That will be the best sleep anyone ever gets~

What is eternity if not a man made word for forever? What is forever, does forever mean that or something different?

We won't know but we will all cross that bridge at some point this lifetime.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join