It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sorry I was being stupid....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Hello ats.

The other night I had a couple too many drinks before I logged on to ATS. (big mistake!)

The result was I began a few threads that I now regret and feel embarrassed about.

So as not to waste much more of your time I would like to quickly apologize for my bad decision(s) and behavior.

I would hope that any members I may have offended will forgive my foolishness and give me another chance. If you would rather ignore my apology I understand but please know I am posting this with true sincerity.

Have a great day / night and I hope to chat with you soon.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by billy565

Now there's a gentleman! ( Or Lady, possibly.)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   

The older I get, the more I believe that admitting you were wrong when you are is one of the most important characteristics a person can have.

Cheers to you. I didn't see what you did that you feel the need to apologize for, but my respect level has kicked up a notch just based on the fact you apologized for having maybe been out of line. I say "maybe" cause I didn't see it personally.

Go you.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Alcohol and forums do not mix. I'd been here 3 year and made an introduction thread, a drunken introduction thread - big mistake haha! We've all been there bro, no love lost.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Im usually drunk it's cool bro!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Your courtesy is admired - we've all done it but not many apologise!

S&F for you.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

LOL OP, I bet mine are worse than yours, but good on you for apologizing.

I didn't see the threads or comments, but we have all been there and or done it, no harm no foul.

It was just some hasty words while under the influence on a forum, making one of the most volatile combos in the known universe.

Keep stiring the pot op, it usually doesn't harm anything, and sometimes makes for a really good time, after the fur stops flying, and the butt hurt goes away.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

No worries billy, we have all been there.
Not many people on here haven't posted something they regretted.

You have risen above it though, your humble apology will only have one outcome.....
It will make you a better poster!

Think of it as completing a game level, you have defeated the level boss.
And the boss was you.

Move up a level and play on !

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Don't ever blame your actions on alcohol. Blaming your actions on alcohol makes you weak, and will prevent the people you interact with from trusting you fully because you happen to be drinking. You picked up your cup, you put it in your mouth, you swallowed. Alcohol did nothing. I learned this a long time ago. Im sure your apology is sincere, but to use alcohol as an excuse is bad form.

I understand alcohol has it effects(probably better than most). If i am to attribute an action of mine to drinking while speaking in hindsight. I will say something to the affect of "I drank to much, and I now I cant remember your name." Notice I took responsibility for my actions and did not pawn it off on The sweet nectar of the gods.

edit on 12-4-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Been there and done that.Although I did not see the posts in question I will nonetheless accept your apology.

I am a very opinionated person,but also, I am the first to admit I am wrong,should that ever happen.Which it hasn't.Ever.
Just kidding. Have a nice day.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Gosh, I actually thought your posts were kinda funny!

There are lots of folks on ATS who should be so humble and willing to admit to mistakes. We all make them....what sets you apart is you don't hide from your mistakes but face them head on.

Your aces in my book.

S&F

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I take my hat of to you.

It can happen to anyone.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Thanks 4 the replies. I'm new here and didn't want to come off as a 'smart-butt'. In the future I will think about what I post on this awesome site.

I just had to get it off my chest.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

LOL don't drink and post.
Stay away from phones as well.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy565

The result was I began a few threads that I now regret and feel embarrassed about.

I think it is wonderful that you apologized; good character quality.

However...I personally am not offended by you. I am curious...which threads are you referring to?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Let me introduce you to the King of Drunk Posting...ME!

It's a forgiving and understanding crowd you are tied to here so no worries. Unless of course, we know you're sober at the time...

Peace

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Takes stone's Billy~ And I can tell you that we've all.... Well maybe not all, majority have accomplished the same that you are referencing. No worries bro~

Your not an ATSer until you've drunk posted yourself into your own submission~

I'm sure nobody will hold anything against you either!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

LOL don't drink and post.
Stay away from phones as well.

Unless it's 3 in the morning. Your ex girlfriend loves to hear from you at that time.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I don't know what you posted (kind of curious now), but as the self-proclaimed temporary representative of ATS, I accept your courageous apology.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
No worries,if you feel you offended anyone,you're having the grace to apologise-that's the important thing.I've seen you around the site,and i can't remember noticing a thread or post i've found offensive,maybe i missed one
but it's all good.No one here,including me,have ever behaved or posted so perfectly that we did'nt feel a twinge of "You sure could've put that across better" i'm sure.If i think i hurt some one's feelings,i apologise,and it's then up to them to accept it or not.You're okay
A vid of the ones who could teach the Angels lessons in forgiveness:

BNk1Uk6ZyFE
edit on 12-4-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join