It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Talk About True Sacrifice

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I see, perhaps some people have the same post-humous ambitions as you do, but do you really determine what you become after death? I think if we look at the first gestation period for example, we didn't choose our bodily structure or characteristics but inherited such through our parents, this also lends credence to the fact that we don't choose what we become after death. I understand what you mean about balance, if we look at polar opposites though, we see it manifest in everything. The most important opposites I would mention here are good and bad, so, if we do bad, for example to ourselves/others, do you believe such necessary to create balance and in that, do you also justify every bad action as a necessity?
edit on 8-9-2013 by BlackSunApocalypse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackSunApocalypse

I don't understand what you're asking.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
You said you believe it improves the ability to balance opposing values. I used the example of good and bad. If we do bad to others are we vindicated because "bad" is a necessity in order to keep balance?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

You said you believe it improves the ability to balance opposing values. I used the example of good and bad. If we do bad to others are we vindicated because "bad" is a necessity in order to keep balance?

Yes, bad is sometimes necessary. It is the bad that makes good things meaningful.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
-Laughs out loud- It seems like you're justifying all forms of evil. We do learn from evil/bad. But sometimes evil/bad could end up killing someone we love/or are supposed to love.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

-Laughs out loud- It seems like you're justifying all forms of evil. We do learn from evil/bad. But sometimes evil/bad could end up killing someone we love/or are supposed to love.

The best of intentions can create the worst hell, and the worst of intentions can create the best heaven. Sometimes a good deed hurts someone, and a bad deed helps someone.
edit on 8-9-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The best of intentions can create the best heaven. And the worst of intentions can create the worst hell. A good deed helps someone, and a bad deed hurts someone- the direct opposite of what you typed. You know, within the mind we have the "battle of opposites", this is 100% obvious, it's good against bad, bad against good, such a battle causes tremendous difficulty and pain. Human beings only have pain and pleasure, 2 sides of the same coin- that makes us all masochists, and being a masochist is no pleasurable experience, pleasure leads to pain and pain to pleasure. It's an endless cycle. What people really want is lasting happiness and peace. Not this seemingly endless battle of opposites. If you choose to immerse yourself in such a battle, I can't judge you for it, I hope it works for you.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

A good dead helps someone, and a bad deed hurts someone- the direct opposite of what you typed.

Actually, it goes both ways.

What people really want is lasting happiness and peace. Not this seemingly endless battle of opposites. If you choose to immerse yourself in such a battle, I can't judge you for it, I hope it works for you.

Spoken like a true Christian.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I think everyone longs for inner freedom and happiness. Everyone desires to live in harmony with not only nature, but people too. I don't know about you, tell me, do you long for peace to reign on earth? Or have you totally given up on such aspirations and believe discord is necessary?

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I don't know about you, tell me, do you long for peace to reign on earth? Or have you totally given up on such aspirations and believe discord is necessary?

I adhere to the Taoist philosophy of the Yin and Yang, among other things.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Okay. I'll have a look at that.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Okay. I'll have a look at that.

You should. A lot of people here are limited by their 30 degree window of perspective. They need to get a 360 degree view to really appreciate what they are looking at and how it affects the world. The Yin and Yang philosophy is that 360 degree window. I want you to really keep your mind open when you research it. If you don't agree, that's fine. But at least allow yourself to really think about it.

<< 5  6  7   >>

join