It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Identity Survival - Why Everything Does What It Does

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
How did you come to the conclusion that identity survival is the WHY behind everything. Was it an inner revelation or the product of methodical experimentation and philosophical/psychological inquiry?

In other words, did you come up with this through introspection or perception? Just curious.

I am going to side with LesMis on this, there is nothing that suggests identity survival isn't a biproduct of a stronger drive. The existence of identity survival in all aspects of our lives does not automatically make it the fundamental drive behind our lives. By that logic, I could claim that our sex drive, our will to power, our fear of pain, all of these I could claim to be our fundamental drive.

I can see where you are coming from. We are condemned to live, we were born without choosing to and forced to live out our lives, and so we cling to our identity to give us purpose and direction... mostly because we don't know why else we should live, and we haven't the slightest idea how or why we are alive in this mysterious universe. Identity survival exists as a drive, I will not argue that, but I cannot definitively say it is THE fundamental drive, because honestly I don't know what that is and I don't believe we are able to know.

<< 1   >>

join