It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi everyone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
As a reasonably long term "lurker" on this site I thought it about time that I registered so that I could start to contribute!

I am fascinated by most of the topics I find on this site. My background knowledge/training is heavily scientifically based, with a strong emphasis on looking at, and assessing, the evidence provided.

Having said that, I think in science in that we can at times be unwilling to let go of past beliefs or even be willing to accept the possibility of current views/theories being incorrect. We should all be willing to rationally look at all evidence, even if it might "uncomfortably" challenge, or even change, our views/beliefs.

“When Kepler found his long-cherished belief did not agree with the most precise observation, he accepted the uncomfortable fact. He preferred the hard truth to his dearest illusions; that is the heart of science.”
- Carl Sagan

Thanks for having me on board! Just need to go find myself an avatar now.....

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Welcome to the family, if you click on my signature, Avatar Creations the nice folks over there can help with that, all for free. Enjoy membership.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by institute

Welcome aboard
your new obsession awaits

Cody

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
heya, welcome

another one from perth? small world

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link