It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am Offended to the Core

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
...by people that glorify Thatcher.

My family and countless others suffered deeply because of Margeret Thatcher. I will not speak well of her just because she is dead. All day I have heard that she was a great person for the things she did to hurt families like mine. To me that is vulgarity.

If there are two sides to a story and you want to be politically correct, say nothing at all.

I would not criticise people that are happy that Saville is dead.

Think, people, think.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Onami

And, you couldn't express your opinion in one of the other countless MT threads....

If you bothered to read any of them. You'd find others with your same opinion.

Des
edit on 8-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Onami

If there are two sides to a story and you want to be politically correct, say nothing at all.

Forgive me, but aren't you demonstrating with your post how difficult it is to take your own advice?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Yay... yet ANOTHER Thatcher thread.

I dont want to see anyone post another whining thread about Americans posting too many gun or obama threads...

Robert Ebert died today... that bastard. He gave a movie I liked a bad review... we need 8 threads all full of hateful Ebert insults.

ETA... and in those threads I demand all posters bicker like middle schoolers pro and con... about Ebert. I need a LOT of ad homs and creative calls or torture and burning in whatever hell of your choosing to make MY threads really awesome!!
edit on 8-4-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I find it odd, that when a person dies, even if the person was a complete demon, that they just forget the person was a demon. I remember one time this guy I knew back in high school he was a demon, constantly picking on kids and well just plain out a demon if they were to ever exist on this earth. He died of drug overdose and everyone and there mothers were mourning over this guy and all me and my friend could think was how he got what was coming to him. I really do not understand how anyone could mourn over someone that is so evil... but then again they themselves are probably evil.
edit on 4/8/2013 by neobludragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I am not trying to be politically correct. I was voicing an opinion for one of the sides.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It took almost 90 days of being a member to be offended, what took you so long?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
OP, put on your asbestos suit, and let your rant fly. This IS the rant section, after all. Surely we as ATS members can either support the OP's right to rant or pass this thread by....?

I know what you're saying. Death does not erase the damage done.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

The threads have all been closed.
Allegedly they were memorial threads according to the mod who closed the last one.They expected everyone to bum her up and because the majority cant stand the women or her policies they were closed.
Censorship at its finest.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onami
...by people that glorify Thatcher.

My family and countless others suffered deeply because of Margeret Thatcher. I will not speak well of her just because she is dead. All day I have heard that she was a great person for the things she did to hurt families like mine. To me that is vulgarity.

I would not criticise people that are happy that Saville is dead.

Think, people, think.

Amen!

No doubt this thread will soon be shut down in a hurry because it 'simply' disagrees with the MSM.

As I said before, for a site that covers so much on the Illuminati, the power, structure and gulf between staff and members at times is extremely ironic.
edit on 8-4-2013 by Just Chris because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2013 by Just Chris because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Onami

R.I.P. Maggie Thatcher,the only person who ****ed more miners than Jimmy Saville.
There we go two birds with one stone,from the link you sent me.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

I don't think the mods like me very much.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onami
reply to post by Just Chris

I don't think the mods like me very much.

Why?

Anyway, I agree with your sentiments regarding this woman, however there are a lot of people who profited and prospered under her premiership. They have the right to hold a different opinion from us.

All the other threads have been closed regarding Thatcher and I am guessing this one will follow suit, regardless of which forum it has been posted on.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Onami

I'm not offended at all...enough people voted for her at the time who were not affected by her policies so it stand's to reason that a similar proportion will defend her now.

But for those of us particularly in the North who saw the heart's of our families and communities ripped out of their chest's we will always consider her name a "dirty" word and it will leave a bitter taste in our mouth that other's will not understand. Yes she helped some...but she down-right crippled other's!

I for one though will never rejoice in another's death and I have respect for her family who will feel this loss.
But i also think that her death will bring back a lot of painful memories of the devastation felt by those communities affected most by her time in leadership and I think this is why there is so much emotion and hatred shown on the other thread's.

So instead of hating on Margaret Thatcher I choose to remember those people, families and communities by dedicating this song to those deeply affected by the Thatcher years.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
People will always say a person was great after they are dead. Even at a funeral, many will focus on trying to find the good because of politeness and decorum. Or just create it out of not wanting to be ostracized.

In actuality she was harmful, greedy and a threat to many. But who wants to say that?

When the Queen is gone, the tears will flow and the accolades will be abundant. But, who will have the nerve to speak the truth about a tyrant?

Peace

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I would hate for the mods to close my thread as a memorial. I would much rather it be used for discussion place for only those wanting to be here.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Logos23

You reminded me of a James B side from 1989,Promised Land.
All about Maggies Britain.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I sincerely hope this thread is permitted to remain open, for the following reasons....

I was one of the kids, who had to toilet with tracing paper at school,

I was one of the kids, who had their milk entitlement taken away,

I was one of the kids made homeless, under her leadership, who endured endless years in one room, with a bad parent.

I was one of the kids, who spent endless hours sat in the DSS office, while my mother begged for whatever scraps she could get, after filling out endless reams of paperwork, alongside a room fit to burst with people all vying for the same thing.

Out of respect for the children like myself, who, had no choice but to live with the policies she became the figure head for, this thread should remain open.

She was not someone to be idolised, like Mother Teresa, who did nothing but good, she will be remembered as different things to different people.

Stop the whitewash, and allow expression, whether good or bad....This is not the time to sweep opinion under the carpet.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Here in the South Wales Valleys people would give to the miners fund so that they could feed their families. People stuck together and helped each other out. People are not bad for wanting to be heard are they?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
As I said on a pulled thread, the threads on the day a person dies are one of the only times to talk about their entire life and career. The people in the U.S. will have similar opinions when one of the Bush's dies, or Bill Clinton, or Obama (may he live into his nineties and die in bed with a twenty-year old - boy or girl I'm not sure). The only U.S. president who may escape the "joy he has died" in threads will be Carter. So ATS policy makers should take into account the amount of emotion an individual brought to society by the drastic changes they made when wanting threads on their day-of-dying to be only memorial in nature. Annette Funicello died today, and let me tell you the things I blame her for.........
edit on 8-4-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join