It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korean satellite orbits over U.S.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Adding up the US "Strategic Pivot", recent Robo Shuttle missions and a few other things, oh, maybe Chinese and US cooperation with Pacific Command.... it makes me think this NK "package" deal was worked out a few years ago

NK makes a lot of problems, and they're asking for it.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Many pages later, bears saying again...the satellite was dead as soon as it launched. It's basically a 100kg piece of tumbling space junk, nothing to be worried about. The ONLY source of this EMP nonsense, is an article by Dr. Peter Pry, who is really just trying to sell his book based on this premise. Do you really think NK capable of launching some kind of 3rd gen space weapons system, when they just barely got this one in orbit (after quite a few previous failed crash and burn attempts)? This Pry guy is trying to capitalize on fear mongering to sell more copies, that's all.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Even if it was real, North Korea has to date, tested a weapon roughly in the 10kt range (if it was even a nuke), I forget the supposed yield of it.

Starfish Prime was a nuclear test near Johnson Island in the Pacific, using a high altitude burst of a 1.5 MEGATON weapon. There were ships and planes operating in the area in support of it, they kept flying and operating. There was a SHORT power and phone outage in Hawaii 900 miles away. The Kwajalain missile range, 1600 miles away reported seeing a flash, and an aurora effect, but had no effects from EMP. The last I drove across it, the US was a lot more than 900 miles (hell, that's TEXAS), which means that North Korea needs a lot more than anything they have tested to date, which means bigger, which means it's not in this satellite.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
i don't know if anyone has been watching this in the past 10-20 mins, but NK satellite has been dropping altitude like crazy.

www.n2yo.com...

looks like it will be at 310 miles up directly over NY in a few mins
edit on 10-4-2013 by hansreenkie because: update

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by hansreenkie

I know this thing goes up and down.
But it has been steadily descending for this entire pass.
It is now at an altitude less than 315 miles, and dropping - and over central North America in the next few minutes.
Does it usually drop this long and low?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Greetings and Salutations!

My user name is devildogmom. Why that name? My son is a Marine. One of the nicknames for a Marine is Devil Dog. According to Wikipedia(and other sources) : Devil Dog is a motivational nickname for a U.S. Marine. It is said to be based on the apocryphal use of "Teufelshunde" by German soldiers to describe Marines fighting in World War I.

I am a new member to ATS ! Some of my interests lay in : end times and end times prophecy; three days of darkness; One World Order; the real last pope; the building and presence of concentration camps/compounds in the United States; the whittling away of our constitution and ergo our rights; our rights to bear arms; threats of nuclear attacks on the United States; WHO IS the puppet master of our country; Medicare's "donut hole" with a possible conspiracy to eliminate the old/feeble- "the expendables"; science/universe/aliens; massive unemployment with a possible agenda behind no more unemployment extensions after 26 weeks (I am a professional, I have a Master's Degree in a specialized field- I have not been able to find a full time or part time job since August 2012); lies about the real unemployment rate.
I can't wait to hear from you to learn as well as to contribute.
Best Regards,
devildogmom

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Its orbiting over us right now

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I think it almost done crossing the US for now.
I just hope it goes back up higher before the next pass tomorrow.
It was getting way too low while it was passing over.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
By the time it reached over Texas, it slowed down tremendously :O

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Guys this thing is about to crash

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Nvermind, I guess the website glitched -__- . Got me excited for nothing.

This thing is going pretty slow since it passed over Texas

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
How do you wanna bet that they are spying on us/ setting up targets or something?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Sorry for all these posts xD .

My last one for now.

It seems that all satellites have slowed down to around 4.7 m/s.

But I think NK's satellite is the only one with about 300 miles as an altitude

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Kuroodo

How do you wanna bet that they are spying on us/ setting up targets or something?

I'd bet a LOT. Ever try to take a picture while on a merry go round? That's essentially what this dead piece of space junk would have to do. It's been tumbling end over end since it's launch, and with no signals transmitted or received.

As for the NK tests, the analysts vary with their biggest test, most stating it is still questionable as to whether it was even nuclear. The estimates vary from 5kt to 20kt, but even assuming the worst at 20kt, yeah, see the above poster mentioning the effects of the megaton blast, and 20kt is magnitudes less powerful.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
IIRC its over the US 7 times a day
its seems dead but that can be a deception
OTOH its not big enough for anything serious (that only if they didnt get good EMP tech from their 'friends')

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by heretic013

Even if they did, I think folks are WAY overestimating the capability of such a weapon, even if we are already in fantasyland...especially against crucial military equipment.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CavTrooper0430

Well than KMS 3-2 must be a spy or weather satellite , right ?? It passes over the U. S. everyday at about the same time give or take two hours in a polar orbit. Go to www.n2yo.com/ and spend a little time...5 day predictions ,real time capabilities , details of speed ,altitude,etc.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

The thing is, the satellite is spinning out of control. Spying would seem a bit difficult

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I agree
OTOH
if they would be able to do so...
Imagine all the nuclear power plants going off, all the ppl in hospitals, the big cities - you cant escape and have no water or food
tragedy
milions of deaths

I dont belive they are capable of doing that but the whole concept is damn scary

Edit:
pardon my primitive INGLISZ

edit on 10-4-2013 by heretic013 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-4-2013 by heretic013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Gazrok...I've been watching this thread develop and it's interesting to say the least. The more I learn and investigate , the more I tend to agree with you and Bedlam and a few others that KMS 3-2 is not an EMP or a viable satellite. My initial concern was the altitude and location it transits over the U. S. on a daily basis. Of course, the degree of tension between the U.S. and N. korea plays into my conspiratorial nature. I still think ,somehow ,TPTB are dangling N. Korea out as bait, to start a major conflict.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join