It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China and the West Superpower

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I am thinking that China is now thriving from business with the West. As we know they can only get and do better from this economically and financially. And its very doubtful therefore that they want to encourage any " war" at this point. As this may set them back in many ways. However, there is also a rivalry between the West and China. As we compete to be the global superpower. It would seem they are playing the " international" game with Russia and Africa and keeping their options open regarding who they ally with.

I think the tenseness described by the media between the West and China is simply rivalry and competition.

However, USA is fast sinking due to this. And due to the bankers greed.

What can be done to change things? People!

(Apparently, they are also buying up lots of land and so forth in the USA too)

Should this continue it will be the case that China would have more courage and potentially bully the USA. Or at the least begin to colonise them.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well for a start the Chinese need to open their economy to foreign companies. It is very difficult for foreign companies to sell goods and services. The Chinese currency needs to float to a market rate rather than be pegged to the US dollar, so all those trillions of dollars the Chinese hold are spent on imports. .

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ispyed

Yep agreed. Its my feeling that China and The bankers are bed fellows, we will have to see if this is a lasting friendship or not. But its my feeling that the bankers in the west are getting ready to take them ... down.

However, Russia and China have a more steady relationship and much more trusting .
edit on 8-4-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ispyed
The Chinese currency needs to float to a market rate rather than be pegged to the US dollar, so all those trillions of dollars the Chinese hold are spent on imports. .

If they float their currency, they are going to find out that the yuan will go up in value by a lot, thus making their goods and services more expensive to oversea's buyers which will reduce their exports considerably, which will lose people their jobs and companies will switch over to a newer cheaper labor force in another country. The Chinese know this and will not do this. Not until the US goes bust and the world economy crumbles.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
reply to post by ispyed

Yep agreed. Its my feeling that China and The bankers are bed fellows, we will have to see if this is a lasting friendship or not. But its my feeling that the bankers in the west are getting ready to take them ... down.

However, Russia and China have a more steady relationship and much more trusting .
edit on 8-4-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

Your feeling is correct. The large banks have infilltrated China and they set the agenda. Russia and China have had a frosty relationship over the years, but they have a common distrust of the West and this is where they become allies.

China buying land in the U.S and the U.S has allowed this?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I think people such as Henry Kissinger has a very old fashioned view to these issues and needs to step away from this and stop advicing Presidents on issues regarding other countries, especially China. What do you all think?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Well they are making the most of things lol whilst prices are down.Who can blame them.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Here's an easy solution to our rivalry with China, a way to pay off all the money we have borrowed from them and to cause a surge in our own economy while creating the very needed jobs we lack in the US:

Quit buying anything that says "Made in China"!!!

edit on 8-4-2013 by littled16 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

haha the issue isnt buying from them at least not in my view. I think the issue is them wanting to take over completely, which could accur at some point if they continue getting richer.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered

haha the issue isnt buying from them at least not in my view. I think the issue is them wanting to take over completely, which could accur at some point if they continue getting richer.

That's the problem- WE are making them rich and giving them economic power by being the biggest importer of all their cheaply made stuff! If every American would stop buying all of their cheaply made products it would put a huge hurt on China's economy, and if we went back to producing most of our own products it would create jobs and cause an economic boon! Also more workers means more taxes collected from everybody: manufacturers, workers, middle men, retailers and consumers to help pay down our deficit. It's a win-win situation.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Ah I see, thought you were just suggesting that USA reject China goods and thats it. But china goods are so cheap.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I dont think its on a huge scale. But its accuring as prices are rather low.

top topics

join