It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No evidence that gay people who adopt make the children gay.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
morals determine what lines we cross we all have them for instance I know a guy who #ed his own neice

he aint gay but imagine if he was would he have #ed his nephew ?

moving on to gays and morality... discuss at your leisure but I don't think there is much moral ground for a gay person to stand on when it comes to anything and that includes adopting

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie
I have a friend who was married to another women. She has a daughter with her ex-husband, and that girl is the smartest, most loving, and well rounded girl I've ever known of.
Tolerance shouldn't come from the upbringing in a same sex family, it should be taught by all families with all sexual orientations and gender roles.

I had a mate who's mother ended up with a string of female lovers, and their family was the epitome of dysfunction. The oldest son was/is (I am not sure it's been eyars since I bothered with them) in prison for molseting his children, the youngest son was in denial about it, but frequenting gay night clubs, the daughter was the most obscene parent to her own children I'd ever seen, taking pleasure in seeing them suffer the little things in life.

So.. yeah, for every "I know one and they were tops!" there is a "Oh but then again.." to go with it.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by KatieVA
reply to post by SpearMint

Really? Can you elaborate? I don't see how that's possible but I'm eager to hear more!

Well I already explained quite clearly. Sexuality is not a physical trait and it could be influenced by different things like social factors. If a child is brought up by a gay couple they're going to be very accepting of gay couples (not a bad thing) and probably much more open to it themselves. Teenagers go through phases, it seems to be trendy to be bi amongst girls these days (or it was a few years ago), I expect a child that is much more open to it is more likely to be swayed that way. This is completely plausible and quite likely, I'm not saying gay couples shouldn't raise children, I just think it's wrong to conclude that there's no connection, there probably is in some cases.
edit on 8-4-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

So am I right in saying...you believe open mindedness and acceptance of something carries the risk of somebody "becoming" or "taking on" whatever that "thing" is....and that shutting our minds off to something, ignoring it and pretending it's not there will prevent that from happening? Hmm...

I think homosexuality and bisexuality are far more common than anyone can imagine and the fact that we've become more open minded and accepting of it only means that people aren't afraid to "be gay" anymore. Open mindedness doesn't breed homosexuality, the numbers don't increase thanks to open mindedness, the numbers will always be the same regardless of whether someone thinks it's "okay" or not. Without acceptance and open mindedness, we have a lot of very confused, angry, "homophobic" people walking around who obviously aren't gay...*cough cough*.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Of course bad parents can be gay or straight but many good parents are also straight and gay.

Oh and I will not respond to the poster above you because I always get in trouble from the mods

edit on 8-4-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mykingdomforthetruth
morals determine what lines we cross we all have them for instance I know a guy who #ed his own neice

he aint gay but imagine if he was would he have #ed his nephew ?

moving on to gays and morality... discuss at your leisure but I don't think there is much moral ground for a gay person to stand on when it comes to anything and that includes adopting

First of all, that guy who had sex with his niece, was it rape or consensual sex? If it was rape, then it was a crime of power, not motivated by sexuality. As it is, a sexual relationship between an uncle and a niece, isn't illegal, just irregular. It's not even incest. That doesn't mean I would have sex with my uncle, because I wouldn't, that would just be effing weird.
I fail to see how being gay makes one a bad person.
Just because a man is physically attracted to another man, or a woman is sexually attracted to another women doesn't make them bad. Why do you think that?
There are 7 billion people in this world, every one of them, gay or straight, is capable of being entirely evil. Being straight doesn't make a person superior, or morally right.

Just because a man adopts a male child as his son, doesn't make him a sex offender waiting to happen, and certainly doesn't mean that he will sexually abuse his son. Just as my friend is a lesbian and has never and never will sexually assault her daughter.

Sexual abuse does happen between same sex parentings and their same sex children, but sexual abuse also happens between parents and their children. To say that all gay people are sexual predators based on this one example, you would also have to say that all people are sexual predators, because straight men and women have also sexually abused children.

edit on 8-4-2013 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2013 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

reply to post by SpearMint

Really? Can you elaborate? I don't see how that's possible but I'm eager to hear more!

Well I already explained quite clearly. Sexuality is not a physical trait and it could be influenced by different things like social factors. If a child is brought up by a gay couple they're going to be very accepting of gay couples (not a bad thing) and probably much more open to it themselves. Teenagers go through phases, it seems to be trendy to be bi amongst girls these days (or it was a few years ago), I expect a child that is much more open to it is more likely to be swayed that way. This is completely plausible and quite likely, I'm not saying gay couples shouldn't raise children, I just think it's wrong to conclude that there's no connection, there probably is in some cases.
edit on 8-4-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

So am I right in saying...you believe open mindedness and acceptance of something carries the risk of somebody "becoming" or "taking on" whatever that "thing" is....and that shutting our minds off to something, ignoring it and pretending it's not there will prevent that from happening? Hmm...

I think homosexuality and bisexuality are far more common than anyone can imagine and the fact that we've become more open minded and accepting of it only means that people aren't afraid to "be gay" anymore. Open mindedness doesn't breed homosexuality, the numbers don't increase thanks to open mindedness, the numbers will always be the same regardless of whether someone thinks it's "okay" or not. Without acceptance and open mindedness, we have a lot of very confused, angry, "homophobic" people walking around who obviously aren't gay...*cough cough*.

You're talking very broadly, I'm talking about this specific subject. What I've said is quite clear, and no, I haven't said anything like "ignoring it and pretending it's not there will prevent that from happening", don't put words in my mouth. I shouldn't have to repeat myself, but all I said was being brought up by a gay couple could increase the chance of that child being gay. I'm as accepting of gay couples as anyone else.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I'm not surprised, If a straight cuople can bring up a gay child then why can't a gay couple bring up a straight child?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Depends what moral ground he or she walks on gay or straight .. for instance there will be gay couples out there who only want to adopt children as sex slaves to pass around at gay orgies with their sick friends, And then there will be the 'modern family' type gay couple that think their life is a tv show and bend over backwards to make their child happy. either scenario is possible

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I've seen all kind of rubbish spouted in this thread that makes no sense. First off the conjecture that gay people raising a child will make it gay: If that were true then think about the opposite of that- heterosexuals who raise a child will make it heterosexual. We all know that's a big laugh! I've known homosexuals whose children have grown up to be heterosexual and I've known heterosexuals whose children have grown up to be homosexual so no matter who raises a child the child will be who he/she is meant to be.

Secondly, there are horrible people of both heterosexual and homosexual lifestyles that are sickos and abuse children. Although I've seen cases in the media I've never personally known a homosexual who has been caught abusing children but have known several heterosexuals who have been. In my opinion that kind of blows the assumption that homosexuals are more likely to abuse their children out of the water.

Lastly someone mentioned something about homosexuals going through a whole string of lovers while their kids were growing up. Sorry but these days that is a sadly common behavior among heterosexuals as well, lest we wouldn't even know the pop culture terms of "Baby Daddy" or "Baby Momma".

There are good parents and bad parents of all sexual orientations. Instead of focusing on Gay parents who abuse their kids we should be focusing on ALL parents who abuse their kids and be thankful that good parents of all orientations outnumber the bad ones!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
That reasoning doesn't even make sense to me. I mean really were not most gay people out there now raised by straight parents? Maybe straight parents need to be banned because they keep making so many gay children.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mykingdomforthetruth

Sexuality isn't a moral compass. You've just given your own example. A couple who adopt a baby (could be any couple, heterosexual or otherwise!) to use as a toy for their own sick games, and a couple who adopt a baby to give the best possible life they can.
I've known a fair few gay people in my short time on this earth, and only one of them would I quite happily declare to be the spawn of Satan, the others are normal people with the same loves, likes, aspirations as the rest of us. I know gay men who work for the local government, I know lesbians who travel to Uganda to rehabilitate child soldiers, I know a transgendered person who is an artist and musician.
There are beautiful people outside the blinkered world you've ensconced yourself within.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
I've seen all kind of rubbish spouted in this thread that makes no sense. First off the conjecture that gay people raising a child will make it gay: If that were true then think about the opposite of that- heterosexuals who raise a child will make it heterosexual. We all know that's a big laugh! I've known homosexuals whose children have grown up to be heterosexual and I've known heterosexuals whose children have grown up to be homosexual so no matter who raises a child the child will be who he/she is meant to be.

Secondly, there are horrible people of both heterosexual and homosexual lifestyles that are sickos and abuse children. Although I've seen cases in the media I've never personally known a homosexual who has been caught abusing children but have known several heterosexuals who have been. In my opinion that kind of blows the assumption that homosexuals are more likely to abuse their children out of the water.

Lastly someone mentioned something about homosexuals going through a whole string of lovers while their kids were growing up. Sorry but these days that is a sadly common behavior among heterosexuals as well, lest we wouldn't even know the pop culture terms of "Baby Daddy" or "Baby Momma".

There are good parents and bad parents of all sexual orientations. Instead of focusing on Gay parents who abuse their kids we should be focusing on ALL parents who abuse their kids and be thankful that good parents of all orientations outnumber the bad ones!

Now now, don't go confusing things with logic!
I think it is easy for some to find what they disagree with and make their argument suit whatever it is they dislike. Often times excluding all other logical thought regarding the issue.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I have 3 sets of friends who are gay couples...they all are in loving committed relationships and they all have over the years adopted. One couple is wealthy and has adopted 10 children who were considered (unlovable) and they are now deeply loved, thriving and so, so happy. One of the other couples are senior's now and the 3 they adopted are young adults and very successful in life; and they are all heterosexual.

I am a big fan of people adopting; and their are many, many gay couples who are wonderful loving people; who make good parents.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I wish you wrote this thread because you can say what I mean so much better

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Of course gay people should never adopt kids. Those kids could come out gay.

Because as we all know.

Straight couples can never have gay children.

It just never happens. As you all are obviously aware.
Think of the children!

edit on 8-4-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I posted before on another thread that homosexuals should not be allowed to engage in an unnatural lifestyle (one that could never ever produce a child) and still indulge in the fruits of a heterosexual relationship. Should never happen

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

For anyone clueless enough to believe that being brought up by gay parents increases the chance of you "turning" gay...

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by KatieVA

Finally someone else posted so I can comment further on my thread

Another point is over 90 thousand kids have been adopted by loving gay parents, that is 90 thousand less kids being looked after the state.
If you disagree with it adopt and make everyone who agrees with your silly ideas adopt.
Cheers for the vid BTW.

Oh here is is.

edit on 12-4-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

For anyone clueless enough to believe that being brought up by gay parents increases the chance of you "turning" gay...

Apply your brain to the situation and you'll see why it could be so, you're not going to find a logical debate about the subject in videos like that. This is theoretical talk, there isn't hard evidence either way, so don't act like you know what you're talking about. They have found that the children are more likely to be open to a homosexual relationship, which is what I was saying. I think you're trying to hard to be pro-gay rights.
edit on 12-4-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Apply your brain to the situation and you'll see why it could be so, you're not going to find a logical debate about the subject in videos like that. This is theoretical talk, there isn't hard evidence either way, so don't act like you know what you're talking about. They have found that the children are more likely to be open to a homosexual relationship, which is what I was saying. I think you're trying to hard to be pro-gay rights.
edit on 12-4-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

You're coming across as very bitter and angry - any need?

You've just contradicted yourself - "you're not going to find a logical debate about the subject in videos like that"...and then "this is theoretical talk, there isn't hard evidence either way".

The video I posted (which was posted in a lighthearted manner, by the way....it's not to be used as "hard evidence for a "logical debate"
Might fit in well in amongst theoretical talk, though...) was to convey (through it's humour) the ridiculousness of the argument the OP originally presented - "having gay parents is more likely to makea child gay" - and has nothing to do with what you're saying, which is that "children are more likely to be open to a homosexual relationship" (which kind of goes without saying anyway...you're going to be more open minded about something you've grown up around because people aren't fearful of something they understand).

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join