It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I understand why todays youth is so prone to politics now...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
So I turned on cartoon network waiting for The Oblongs to come on, and I decided to watch the looney tunes show..... I figured it would be decent; boy was i wrong...

Let me just say, if you want a good laugh, do not watch this atrocity... you will be bored to death, or you will be like me and just think "wtf happened to looney tunes?!" its political madness now, Idk if it was just this episode, but there was also another short during the show called "growing apart" or something and it turned into more boring stuff... and it wasn't boring talking, it was boring singing... I feel bad for todays youth for the cartoons they are putting on during the day and I bet parents don't even realize what there kids are watching.

edit on 4/7/2013 by neobludragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Similarly I will not watch South Park, American Dad, or Family Guy, because the level of humour is very, for lack of a better word, low-brow, even if used wittingly. Even the Simpsons are more sophisticated than some of the comedy cartoon shows being aired. Cartoons now are increasingly being geared for both kids and adults and often include plenty of innuendo.

To cater to the 18-34 demographic that are watching more cartoons than ever before, Cartoon Network has ramped up their programming

Plus

The children of the 21st century have seen and felt the effects of the turbulence of our society—events like war, demonstrations, revolutions, increased gun violence.

See: www.geekexchange.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Family Guy is not for kids... I hope you're not putting your kids in front of the tv watching Family Guy saying "here petey, watch some cartoons while mommy goes do *whatever*"... if you're doing this, you're doing it wrong.

Dont blame cartoons - blame yourself for being naive or misinformed when it comes to cartoons or letting your children watch anything as long as it isnt "live action" (btw... team america is not for kids either). American Dad, same. Even the Simpsons hmmm... sometimes tongue in cheek.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousHusky

I'm not even talking bout Adventure time and regular show though, I mean if you actually watch the looney tunes show you will understand what I mean. I do admit those 2 are definitely more adult though then should be on day time cartoon network where kids are watching. It really is sad that the 21st century is like this. I can see it now, kids having wrinkles or grey hair by there 30's

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Nah I was referring to the old looney tunes show, now those were funny and in no way ever made me think of going and putting some ACME dynamite into someones mouth to blow up but apparently people are too stupid to realize that today and think its bad, so instead they are making everything political to make sure kids KNOW what is going on and make them worry there heads off.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Are today's youth actually watching Looney Toons?
Maybe they aren't funny anymore because they aren't getting the funding because no one watches it??
I know when I was a kid, they were already outdated and boring. Sometimes they were funny, sometimes they were terribly boring, so being a kid, I quickly stopped watching them.
Also, don't you think the fact that you've aged could have changed what you consider funny?? Most people find things funny when they're young, that they don't when they are older.

Why don't you find out what they are actually watching these days to see if your theory holds up?!? Basing your theory off of a show that hasn't been popular in ages isn't good.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

what you fail to understand is its a completely revamp-ed show, and is nothing like the original. That is what I was trying to get at, and I have noticed that with alot of todays cartoons as well. You may not agree that the original was funny but alot of others would agree it was.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

Obviously it is parenting and lack of adult supervision that is ultimately responsible. With that said, should cartoon shows like Family Guy and American Dad share the same fate as pay-per-view adult movies and wrestling championships? Should the state crack down on parenting? Or should "bad" parents simply be allowed to raise "vegged-out" children that snap randomly? These questions, and more, need to be addressed when it comes to healthy parenting.

*Not all "bad" parents will raise "bad" children. But should they be able to, intentionally or unintentionally? Sometimes they might be creating another Nelson (Simpsons reference).

P.S. In some countries kids have grey hair by their 20s and its a common occurrence either due to stress, family genetics, or a bit of both. I suggest eating more avocados as that is supposed to help.
edit on 7-4-2013 by MysteriousHusky because: addition

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousHusky

Honestly though, family guy, simpsons, and the other ones aren't even that bad, in fact if I had kids I would let them watch that over the other crap thats being produced that is actually suppose to be for kids. I mean seriously go and watch The Looney Tunes show and tell me if you'd let your child watch that or go watch Adventure Time that show is all sexual innuendos. It really is bad when they have to hide stuff in childrens cartoons.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by neobludragon
So I turned on cartoon network waiting for The Oblongs to come on, and I decided to watch the looney tunes show..... I figured it would be decent; boy was i wrong...

Let me just say, if you want a good laugh, do not watch this atrocity... you will be bored to death, or you will be like me and just think "wtf happened to looney tunes?!" its political madness now, Idk if it was just this episode, but there was also another short during the show called "growing apart" or something and it turned into more boring stuff... and it wasn't boring talking, it was boring singing... I feel bad for todays youth for the cartoons they are putting on during the day and I bet parents don't even realize what there kids are watching.

So we don't actually have to watch these shows, how about some "For instance" moments?

Very vague in the OP. So what are you referring to exactly? Saying it's an atrocity, politically motivated, boring talking, singing...Where is the political issue?

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Well for starters Daffy Duck, actually all of the crew... were on some kind of Committee for something, and they were gonna pass prop 14 for something.. I don't really know what but would you want your kid coming up to you asking "mom/dad what is a prop?" I mean come on... wheres the comedy in cartoon characteres vote for political issues? and the singing was about stuff that wasn't funny as well. It just was an atrocity it really was, I suggest watching an episode to see for yourself at how bad it is.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by neobludragon
reply to post by jude11

Well for starters Daffy Duck, actually all of the crew... were on some kind of Committee for something, and they were gonna pass prop 14 for something.. I don't really know what but would you want your kid coming up to you asking "mom/dad what is a prop?" I mean come on... wheres the comedy in cartoon characteres vote for political issues? and the singing was about stuff that wasn't funny as well. It just was an atrocity it really was, I suggest watching an episode to see for yourself at how bad it is.

Ok, I get a little bit here.

I have watched a few because I am a Looney Toons fan. Not so much for the newer ones tho.

I will say that it just ain't the same as they use to be. Where is the road runner and Wile E.? Elmer shooting Daffy's face etc?

I remember when I was a kidlet and these toons were banned for awhile because of the violence. Now THAT was political.

Peace

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Exactly, thats the good stuff, this new show is just complete and utter garbage...

top topics

join