It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protestant disinfo debunked-Catholics are also Christians

page: 57
<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by truejew
Yahweh means moon god of perversion.

Jehovah means god of ruin.

Do you have a credible academic source for that?

Googling "what does Yahweh mean in hebrew" doesn't return anything useful, and the few things that I've found that claims that it's a moon god does so under the impression that Moses came up with the name while he was in Egypt, which is not what you're saying.

Do you consider Strong's Concordance to be credible?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Since when do you consider Strong's to be credible?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Any one who knows what Yahweh and Jehovah mean in Hebrew should have an issue with those names.

And apparently no Jews figured this out in some 5,000 years??

The names of Jehovah and Yahweh are not that old.

Jehovah was first used in 1278 AD and Yahweh around 1550 AD.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

When have I not?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Oh, like when I linked to Strong's #G2424 which says "Iesous" is pronounced "EE-A-soos", or when #G2424 says Jesus means "Jehovah/Yahweh is salvation".

You reject those statements from Strong's. So which is it, are they authoritative or not?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Here are the Strongs Concordance info for those interested.

Strong's H1943 - hovah

Strong's H5773 - `av`eh

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

When have I not?

Well, you thought it said that Joshua's real name was Oshea, when that's not what it says at all, not that it matters, because historical evidence shows that Yeshua, not Oshea, is transliterated into "Iesous", from which Jesus is derived.

That said, where in Strong's does it say that Yahweh means moon god of perversion and Jehovah mean god of ruin? Here's the page on Jehovah, I don't see anything on there about "god of ruin".

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Oh, like when I linked to Strong's #G2424 which says "Iesous" is pronounced "EE-A-soos", or when #G2424 says Jesus means "Jehovah/Yahweh is salvation".

You reject those statements from Strong's. So which is it, are they authoritative or not?

Credible is not the same as perfect.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Oh, I get it. It's more of your "magic words" -- or, in this case, "magic syllables." I'm not a scholar of the Hebrew language, but I'm pretty sure that the name of God is not a compound word.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Any one who knows what Yahweh and Jehovah mean in Hebrew should have an issue with those names.

And apparently no Jews figured this out in some 5,000 years??

The names of Jehovah and Yahweh are not that old.

Jehovah was first used in 1278 AD and Yahweh around 1550 AD.

No it wasn't, the tetragammaton appears over 3,000 places in the OT. And appears in over 30,000 combinations in the ELS codes of the Torah which was never discovered until modern computers were invented.

Were you aware the Dead Sea Scrolls date to before the 16th century AD? Or that there exists silver etched scrolls from the temple period before the Babylonian exile?

“This was a discovery of utmost importance,” said Barkay, professor of archaeology at Bar Ilan University near Tel Aviv. “These verses pre-date the famous Dead Sea Scrolls by approximately four centuries. They are the only biblical verses we have from the time of the First Temple [period].”

First temple silver scrolls.

Where these a trick of Satan

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Credible is not the same as perfect.

Must be nice to be able to pick and choose what is credible and true at will.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I said Yahweh and Jehovah, not the Tetragrammaton. The Tetragrammaton is much older, however, it appearing in the Old Testament is incorrect.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
You claimed that the Torah was perverted in Babylon to add the Name YHVH. But I let you trap yourself, I knew you knew nothing about the silver etched scrolls that were found from the first temple era of Numbers 26:24-26 which uses the Name "YHVH" three times.

This silver scroll predates the Babylonian exile. What do you have to say now?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I said Yahweh and Jehovah, not the Tetragrammaton. The Tetragrammaton is much older, however, it appearing in the Old Testament is incorrect.

You're telling a lie, see above post. It appears three times in the silver scroll of Numbers 26:24-26 from the first temple period and before the Babylonian exile. It predates the dead sea scrolls by 4 centuries.

Ooopsies huh?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Oh, I get it. It's more of your "magic words" -- or, in this case, "magic syllables." I'm not a scholar of the Hebrew language, but I'm pretty sure that the name of God is not a compound word.

If you are going to accuse others of using "magic words", you probably should rethink your love for the Tetragrammaton which is used in witchcraft.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

If you are going to accuse others of using "magic words", you probably should rethink your love for the Tetragrammaton which is used in witchcraft.

What "love for the Tetragrammaton"? Unlike you, I'm not obsessed with words and pronunciations -- I have faith that God knows when I'm talking to him, regardless of what I call him.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Where did he go??

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Maybe he's scheduling his re-baptism in the name of Joshua

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Where did he go??

I don't spend every moment of my life on ATS.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Maybe he's scheduling his re-baptism in the name of Joshua

Jesus is the only name given by which we must be saved. I am not going to go against thousands of years of Christian teaching just because some antichrists want to preach another messieh.

new topics

top topics

<< 54  55  56    58  59  60 >>

join