It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird eclipse happening right now, Huge ring circling the sun?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Qell O[, I kooked to dee wjat tou ment bot nuw I cont dee my jeys ro ty;e!

Seriously... All is normal here in Missouri but some of those phenomenon are really neat huh? They can also pay a bill or two if you happen to be witness to something particularly unusual or special. Doesn't have to be ATS worthy ...just out of the ordinary to take pics of. A number of sites online buy or allow you to use them to sell pics of anything of particular interest. It's something to consider, anyway.

* Of course, check carefully on how to properly photograph sun related events lest you, your camera sensor or both are typing like the first line without the humor.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Moisture in the air.....

Originally posted by mysterioustranger

Yeah like...you do realize its not night where all of us are, its not the same time zone, and forever you thread here is going to be telling anyone reading......5 years from now...to "go outside and look..."

Yeah like... you do realize that every post receives it's own unique Date and Time stamps.
They do have an actual purpose, and are not just there for aesthetic reasons.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arolexion

Alright here's an image from a friend of a friend of mine who lives close.

So its a halo? o.O weird i've heard halos are actually evil. Not sure how true that is though.

Beautiful aren't they. We get to see them occasionally here in northern California. I was curious though, why would anyone apply the word "evil" to something like this, do you mean to say that in your part of the world a halo would be considered a "bad omen" ?

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Arolexion

The comon name is "Sun Dog"
The moon can be seen with this same type of atmospheric phenomenon.

They are pretty cool to see and it most often freaks out anyone who has never seen one
or heard of them before.

Welcome to the club of first timers.

Always remember.. without a first time there would be nothing.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This could also be Lense Flare. If the sun is directly in the center of the picture, the scattering light collects near the edge of the lense causing the circle. If you can see it without the camera, it's more likely a Sun Dog.
edit on 6-4-2013 by Earthscum because: spelling

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Here's a sun ring we had in northern WI a couple of weeks ago that I took some pics of. This was a massive ring. I took some pics of a moon ring a couple weeks prior to these and started a thread with those pics cuz I thought they were pretty cool.

edit on 6-4-2013 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a sun dog happens here in the Florida keys once every 2 to 3 years.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arolexion

Alright here's an image from a friend of a friend of mine who lives close.

So its a halo? o.O weird i've heard halos are actually evil. Not sure how true that is though.

Looks like a halo to me, not the same thing as an eclipse. Often times through history though people will call things 'evil', when in reality they just don't understand the physical mechanics of how something occurs. Don't understand something.. no worries, just call it evil!
*not you personally, just making a joke of those who did/do that*

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Very very anti-climatic thread.

I was hoping for the 1 million battleships from the ashturd command were blotting out the sun

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I can't look for myself because the sky is covered with clouds. It doesn't sound like what you are seeing is an eclipse. It sounds like a sun-dog. I've always wanted to see one of those myself, but alas it hasn't happened yet. You luck ducky you!!!

Side note on sun-dogs. During the war of the roses in England, during a major battle there was a sun-dog that occurred. Back then the people and there silly superstitions thought it was a sign from god that meant that the House of York and its 3 brothers were destined to rule the kingdom. The eldest brother eventually became Edward IV.

Wish you could have posted a picture of it. Maybe once you replace those cables...

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
You'd think with life experiences and at least the internet there would be more intelligence than this.

On a more serious note with other stuff, it seems that ATS has attracted people who have regressed to the middle ages in fear and misunderstanding and weirdness...and that is in spite of the internet which can provide information in a second.

We are going backwards

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
You'd think with life experiences and at least the internet there would be more intelligence than this.

On a more serious note with other stuff, it seems that ATS has attracted people who have regressed to the middle ages in fear and misunderstanding and weirdness...and that is in spite of the internet which can provide information in a second.

We are going backwards

Or the much less over dramatic explanation is that the OP simply had never seen a sun halo before and just got it confused with what they thought was a eclipse. Not everyone knows everything and maybe they came 'here' on the internet to get said information rather than a search engine. Nothing wrong with not knowing something and now the OP knows/is educated on the matter. So now the OP is moving forward, not backwards because they have been educated on the matter. One person hardly represents all.

I remember seeing a sun halo for the first time, freaked me out a bit because I didn't know what it was. I found out by asking someone, not running to google. I asked my husband and thank god the nerd didn't laugh or be mean about it because I simply didn't know something. If you are referring to the OP saying they heard it was 'evil', that doesn't mean they believe it, just that they heard it said.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Rezlooper

Awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing with us. I've never seen one myself, yet. I still have hopes of witnessing the awesome sun-dog with my own eyes.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jennyfrenzy
reply to post by Rezlooper

Awesome pictures! Thanks for sharing with us. I've never seen one myself, yet. I still have hopes of witnessing the awesome sun-dog with my own eyes.

I saw one a few years back here in Colorado, very cool thing to see in person!

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

I bet! I would love to be in a public place when it happens just to see everyone's expressions. I'm sure there are tons of people out there that don't know what a sun dog is and seeing their faces would be priceless.

Enjoy your evening!

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jennyfrenzy
reply to post by MaMaa

I bet! I would love to be in a public place when it happens just to see everyone's expressions. I'm sure there are tons of people out there that don't know what a sun dog is and seeing their faces would be priceless.

Enjoy your evening!

That would be neat to see others reactions to it. I live in a small town, it was just me outside my house though so I didn't see if anyone else noticed it too. Last summer we saw one and pulled over by a gas station to try and take some pictures. One other person, an old guy, stopped and looked for like 10 seconds and then left.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

a halo is a ring around the sun or moon, like a rainbow
sun dogs are something else

edit on 7-4-2013 by pheniks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

It's from high amounts of moisture in the air.....

Fu&$, be smart, remember in elementary school when they taught you to research?

Give it a try. Jesus Christ! ( said to save you). There are about 50 previous thread to help you out
edit on 7-4-2013 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

It happenes 75+ times in Alaska
edit on 7-4-2013 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Earthscum

It not though...

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Reply to post by mysterioustranger

you do realise that we are all in different time zones and that this site is not based on content just for you?

also each post is time/date stamped.

your post and this post were really not needed.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join