It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eve of Destruction...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
(This is a story that must not ever happen)!

It was a beautiful, sunny day, like any other. Birds sang a happy chorus and baby birds chirped in their nests. A soft spring breeze ruffled the fur of a tiny kitten as it chased a butterfly across a field of fragrant wild flowers. Magnolia trees and dogwoods were in bloom. A child rushed in for supper and teased his sister at the table...then, it happened. A white flash of light...the boy cries his last tear as he wonders, "Why"? A soldier is sprawled in a meadow and swears he's smelling his moms fresh baked apple pie before he leaves this world. His brother in arms thinks of his wife and child and wishes he could hold them one more time...then, the light of life flickers in his eyes and all fades to black.

An old woman somewhere hugs a picture of her long deceased husband as she waits for the prevailing winds to deliver the nucl*ar winter. Old Glory is charred and tattered on the ground in front of the Old Soldiers Home. They died sick and tired and alone. The rockets red glare, the b*mbs bursting in air...all for what? If life is a game, then war is a lose, lose situation for all concerned. There will be no "prize", no brass ring! Perhaps all of the above was just a bad dream in the mind of some entity or a bad thought in the minds eye of someone/something. Let us hope and pray that is all it is or ever will be. Peace on earth, good will toward men should be words to live by, not just something in a song at Christmas. Blessings to us all

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The beginning of that story sounds wonderful. Then the horrors of war creep in. And worst thing about it is that is how it would happen. Yes lets just hope people can have common sense and restraint and make our world a better place. Very thought provoking. I enjoyed that thanks for posting

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Thanx TheDoctor46, I always enjoy hearing from you and glad you got to drop by.
Makes my day to hear from a good friend. So true, this Korea situation weighs heavily on my mind of late. I hope the unthinkable never happens...for everyones sake. ^j^

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

Thank you for sharing this friend.
I didn't expect a turn like that, but it made the story more real.
I enjoyed the read. Wars are so sad and hard for me to understand...of course greed comes to my brain but that still doesn't help me in understanding.
-nat the blue eyed cat-

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

natalia, Thank you dear one for stopping by. Yes, war and rumors of war abound these days and i hope and pray none of it comes to fruition. We are all in this together and life is prescious (sp), tired,
. Life is a treasure and a gift. Blessings and hugs to you young one.
^j^

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I have lived long enough to understand how quickly the unthinkable can occur. Will we be eating and drinking, or joyfully celebrating at a wedding, going about our daily business when it happens? The future is an illusion and the present is where we live. Time is so precious. Let people you love know it today.

The relationships we have here on ATS are eternal whether we know it or not. So to my ATS family and friends I say even though we may never meet in person I cherish the times we spend here together.

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

Hi grayeagle, Amen to that! I hope and pray the day never comes where any of us...my friends from here....our kids/grandkids and so on...any of our loved ones...that we never have to face the horror of a nuclear war/strike. Wars and rumors of wars...let them be gone! Life is such a gift and our friends and family are treasures truly worth beyond measure! I have a love that knows no bounds for all of mankind and for all the creatures of the earth, great and small.

The day must never come that we risk loosing all. I look at the beautiful woods behind my home, the wild flowers, the squirrels, birds...I look to my friends here at ATS, and my family...Mitakuye Oyasin, (all my relations)...we are all one, and my heart is filled with love and wonder and hope for the future. Would that it could be the same the world over! I love you my Brother and all here. This is a beautiful, wonderous world. Would that leaders of the world can
feel the same...see things the same. If we destroy the world anymore than we already have...it will break my heart, shrivel my soul...even if I am no longer in this vale of tears and watching from the stars. I would cry tears that would be like a flood. A cleansing flood of tears from the Creator would be the only thing left to wash away the horror and start things anew. Hugs and love to all, the world over and to everyone here. ^j^

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

Our conversation has prompted me to put down some of my feelings in a poem. It seems as of late I am constantly experiencing strong emotions and the way I am dealing with it is to put it down in writing.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join