It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Claims Newtown Shooter Used FULL AUTO Rifle!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I must admit that I find it rather odd that on a conspiracy minded website that a group of people would refuse to look for possible conspiracies involving a man they hope was telling the truth. To be a critical thinker one must take apart their own beliefs and try and disprove them before they can claim to be right.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
Well this is actually good news. It's very costly and a bit difficult to obtain a fully automatic weapon legally, and the only people who usually have them are collectors. So they can concentrate their efforts on ensuring the fully auto weapons are being dealt with as they see fit and they can quit whining about other guns that are only semi-automatic. We the People can go about our normal lives without worrying about some jackass trying to make a rifle illegal.

Good news you say because it will help you keep your rights. How stupid can ya be? When they came for the communist I said nothing comes to mind.

It is sad to see people willing to throw others under the fascist bus just to keep what little freedoms they still have. What pride can you have in that? Our founding fathers would be so ashamed if they could see us today.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magister

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
How many children would Lanza have been able to kill with a FULLY AUTOMATIC rifle, then?

Explain the significant differences so me or a dumbass like Obama can understand them.

Full Auto- Pull and hold trigger-Gun contines to fire until magazine is empty.
Semi Auto- Pull trigger-One shot fires-To fire another shot you must release the trigger and pull again.

Semi Auto is more accurate. In Full Auto, recoil causes loss of accuracy.

Aha, so that explains why American troops use 250 bullets for every insurgent they kill. Seems to me, if you want to actually hit your target, the semi-auto is the more effective weapon.
edit on 5-4-2013 by IvanAstikov because: typical typo

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Does anyone here not remember how the chief muslim reacted after the Fort Hood massacre!? I for one, have not forgotten! Or the fact that the perpetrator of that incident has still not been tried......

Excerpts:

After news broke out of the shooting at the Fort Hood Army post in Texas, the nation watched in horror as the toll of dead and injured climbed. The White House was notified immediately and by late afternoon, word went out that the president would speak about the incident prior to a previously scheduled appearance. At about 5 p.m., cable stations went to the president. The situation called for not only his trademark eloquence, but also grace and perspective.

But instead of a somber chief executive offering reassuring words and expressions of sympathy and compassion, viewers saw a wildly disconnected and inappropriately light president making introductory remarks.

Indeed, an argument could be made that Obama should have canceled the Indian event, out of respect for people having been murdered at an Army post a few hours before. That would have prevented any sort of jarring emotional switch at the event.

Read more HERE

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magister
According to an article in "the Weekly Standard" Obama made the comment in a speech at a fundraiser in San Francisco.

www.weeklystandard.com...

How they (politicians) will twist things to get what they want!

Obama and politicians in general are idiots....so what else is new?

These are the same people talking about jacking up taxes during a period when the economy is weak. How stupid is that? By all means let's remove even more money from the public sector...by all means let's keep spending the crap out of money that doesnt belong to us (my money, your money).

Fiscal responsibility in govt? What is that? By all means let's steal from the producers and give to the takers.

Obama: "I know what is best for you...Trust me! You do not know what is best for you, nor do you know how you should spend your money, so give it all to me."

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
sure - then after emptying 30 mag x 6 = 180 rounds - this skinny retard - walked calmly out to the stolen car and places the rifle in the trunk - then walks calmly back into the school and shoots himself.

...'got some ocean front property in Arizona' - George Strait.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
If you ever read 1984 you know what is being done here. It doesn't matter what reality is because reality is what they say it is. There is no media left to call them out on their lies and the majority of the population believes whatever it is that is spoon fed to them.

"We are at war with Eastasia. We have always been at war with Eastasia."

It's just as Karl Rove said:

"We're history's actors ... and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do."

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I think this is a case of Obama doing a "Bushism" - he sounds smart though, so we think that's what he meant. But when Bush would mess up, he sounded like a blithering idiot, so it was obvious.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by solomons path
reply to post by Indigo5

I've read the transcript and agree with you . . . he was referring to Denver.

Unfortunately, no fully automatic weapons were used in Columbine or Aurora . . .

So, while the title of the thread should be changed . . . it's still either a lie or he doesn't know what he is talking about.

Thanks for that clarification. Do we know wether or not the Aurora shooter had modified the Smith & Wesson M&P15? We do know that he had a 100 round drum magazine that jammed after 30 or so rounds as large drum magazines are apt to do....but has law enforcement released details on whether that weapon had been altered?

Either the President was wrong, mispoke or "lied" or he is aware of evidence that the public is not in regards to the Aurora shooting. He wasn't tlaking about Newton though.

Originally posted by solomons path
As speeches are written by a team of very intelligent people and nothing is said "on accident" . . . I'm still going with lie.

This was at a fund-raiser...doubt it was prepared speech. Even when the Potus does have prepeared speech, he is known by whitehouse speech-writers for regularly improvising on the fly. "accidents" happen all the time with improvised speech, more so with fundraiser talks...just ask Mitt Romney

You are entitled to categorize it as a "lie", but Presidents don't enjoy being caught in lies, and while Pres. Obama is a lot of things he is not stupid. The transcript was released on the Whitehouse site...are you suggesting that the President thought an engineering specification could not be fact-checked ? No...whatever his reasons....lying had no "return" only embarrassment in a scenario where the facts are mechanically clear and public. I see no logic behind this being intentional "lie". BS occurs in muddly waters...not technical specifications on a weapon used, cuz that is mechanical fact. The President is capable of BS...but he is not stupid. Pols BS in muddy waters...but they don't point at a Honda and say it is a Porsche with the expectation of gettting away with it. Don't get the objective logic of the lie claim.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Toots

Workplace violence. The connections are there. And folks, for those of you who do not believe he is stuck on the lips of Wright and others, as well as Muslim sympathies, you are a laugh riot. It does so deeep.

Barack Hussein Obama...His name was Barry Sorento. When people become Muslims they take a Muslim name...Shabaazzz...MUhammed Ali...scores of others. but it does not apply to him? WTF folks....

He would not even meet the PM of Israel when he was stateside in September but went to Vegas. Fundraising while the Palestinians die but he gets 1000 bucks a plate to say he cares...

Please shut up about Bush. He has been out of office for almost 6 years. Do you still blame your ex girlifriends for issues you have now?

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

As far as modifying the weapon . . . they would have made that pubic knowledge as it's backs their agenda. Furthermore, he had to abandon the weapon after only a couple shots, as the mag jammed. 100 rd mags are notorious for that and really shows he didn't know what he was doing. He would have been better using several smaller mags.

We'll have to disagree on the "lie" comments. IMO, the objective is clear. He now has a group of supporters to promote the lie and continually confuse and civilian AR-15s with actual military weapons, which they are not. Again . . . with out manufactured consent they have no chance of pulling off the agenda.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by solomons path

With little to no media scrutiny or even reporting of his lie, nothing stops him from stating such crap.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Yes . . . I agree with you. If/when it makes news, he just pulls the old plausible deniablity bit.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Obama could have inside knowledge that has not been made public.

Im not so sure I agree that they would have made it public if it was illegally modified. Modifying the AR-15 to shoot full auto takes a bit of knowledge, craftsmanship and is already illegal. If they make it public then the details of what it takes to do so will make it a little difficult to argue for more restrictions and counter their argument that its easy for people to get their hands on such capabilities. Because figuring out how too is not easy, inquiring about how to is very risky and actually making parts without metal working experience and tools is difficult, time consuming and involves plenty of trial and error.
Anyway, making it public that it was illegally modified just highlights that criminals ignore the law.

Given the Aurora shooters intelligence, I wouldn't doubt that his was modified but I doubt the Newtown shooters was.
edit on 5-4-2013 by swimmer15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by swimmer15

I think you overestimate his intelligence when it comes to firearms . . .

He tried to use a 100rd drum . . . which is also the reason he only got off a few shots with the AR and went to the handgun. And if he walked in with a fully-auto AR w/100rd drum . . . why did he start with the shotgun?

After that incident the "assualt weapon" rhetoric started up again and if he had a full-auto AR . . . that would have been plastered in every news article and on the lips of every pundit.

No reason to "keep" that info from the public . . . they don't have to describe how he did it, just say he had one. Also, "keeping" from the public wouldn't have aided the case in anyway, as there was no "investigation" or other suspects to worry about.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I agree and see where your coming from but keep in mind, he did want to create a scene out of a comic book. Given his level of intelligence and how elaborate (from descriptions) his apartment was rigged leads me to think that if he wanted his AR fully auto he probably could have gotten it done.

As for the making it public, I'm not necessarily arguing with you. I just think if that was public, the NRA would have fire because like I said, its actually not as easy as the media tries to make it out. So by going public it just draws to the point that criminals disregard the law. By keeping the discussion to certain points like Pierce Morgan craft-fully does they are able to maintain control of the argument. By labeling anyone who goes outside a few select points as a crazy who went off on a tangent or cant answer simple "loaded" questions.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by swimmer15

Newtown CT is the home of the AR-15. You could throw a rock and hit someone who can modify weapons and grew up around them. Makes you go hmmmm.....
edit on 5-4-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

I didn't say he couldn't do it, just that I thought it was unlikely. I thought this kid was quite the loner and un-social, spending the majority of his time playing video games. I know that making a standard bushmaster AR-15 full auto requires getting (not easy to do without really knowing people because its extremely risky) or making parts (also not all that easy).

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'm friends with an ex-cop who believes there is something fishy with Newtown. One of the things he mentioned to me was that several years ago (I believe two), ATF agents were on a sting operation at a Bass Pro Shop in a city near Newtown. The ex-cop said that while one of their vans was left unattended, a fully auto M4A1 was stolen from the van. It's probably not related, but I was reminded of it based on what the criminal in chief said and it could lead to more info.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Aha, so that explains why American troops use 250 bullets for every insurgent they kill. Seems to me, if you want to actually hit your target, the semi-auto is the more effective weapon.
edit on 5-4-2013 by IvanAstikov because: typical typo

The point of fully automatic fire is to lay down cover- to fire so rapidly that the enemy keeps their heads down, stops firing back, long enough so that you and/or your troop can change position safely. If the goal is to shoot someone specific, and kill that person, semi-automatic fire is the way to go.

Fully automatic fire is also useful when the enemy is behind concealment or under light cover. If you know someone is in a bush, or a tree, behind a stack of pallets, or in a building, but don't know exactly where, a few fully automatic bursts are much more likely to hit the person than individual shots fired semi-automatically.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join