It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hate crime: Police record attacks on punks, emos and goths.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bates

This is a stupid thing altogether. If he was attacked then his attackers should have been arrested but for assault. The fact that he identifies himself as emo is completely beside the point. The crime was assault, not assault of an emo. Ridiculous

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I've been following this story (well the main one about Sophie) for quite awhile now. First, she was beaten to death for how she looked. Her boyfriend was attacked first and she tried to get them off of him...which then lead to some of the members of the group that attacked him to focus on her. Her boyfriend, if I remember correctly almost died.
I agree that all murder should be treated equally. However, in a lot of places, if you look/act/believe differently and something bad happens, it is often believed by said majority that you deserved it. They don't help you...they help the offenders. Over time, this can give the message that no one will ever help...which leads to many people feeling quite hopeless.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by bates

This is a stupid thing altogether. If he was attacked then his attackers should have been arrested but for assault. The fact that he identifies himself as emo is completely beside the point. The crime was assault, not assault of an emo. Ridiculous

The difference it makes as I see it Christian is this, an assault in general could be anything from a fist fight in a bar or an argument between people that got out of control. A person who assaults someone for the way they look, hair style or religion for that matter would be a continual predatory threat and therefore a different type of threat altogether to the population at large, IMO.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join