It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it the economy again stupid??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Its still way too early to say, and I'm following this from across the pond with caution, but some exit polls are giving the Kerry camp happy feeling... (although no-one say 'gore' too loudly) but with all the electoral fraud aside (on both sides) have Americans voted with their wallets and tax reciepts in mind.. or Iraq/WoT? Polls reckon Kerry wins 4 to 1 with the supposed 'economic' voter, and considering his war rhetoric isnt exactly mega-convincing (its easy to criticise and harder to create, especially with a mess like Iraq), is a good showing for Kerry just about the good ol' fashion economy? Did anyone on ATS who voted think about the two candidates views on the more bread and butter electoral issues? Or is it really all the weighty battle of ideologies that all the commentators say it has been? Please tell...

Q

ps Im sure this election is FARRRR from over [23:25 Greenwich Mean Time]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Yeah what I'm seeing on all the stations so far is a far from jubilent republican party. Interesting sign that I reckon.

Maybe Bush's message of crude fear and Cheney's barely veiled threats weren't sufficient to do it for them afterall.

I am looking forward to seeing how it all breaks down. The Rove theory of 'screw the middle ground' & 'just go after your core vote and attempt to maximise that' will be tested tonight alright.

TV pics in the UK certainly show high turn-outs which I'm betting will mean a clear Kerry win when it's all over.

[edit on 2-11-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

join