It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Hack North Korean websites

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
After reading new threads here about NK I went trauling the internet to see how different sources were telling the same stories.

I just read about this while reading a separate article on The Sun website.

The Article I was reading is:

North Korea gives its military clearance to attack nuke the US Read more: www.thesun.co.uk...

Within that article was a statement that read:

Meanwhile China-based North Korean news website Uriminzokkiri, which has close ties to Pyongyang, appears to have been hacked. Its Twitter account had its photo changed to the mask logo of the Anonymous hacker group superimposed on the North Korean flag. The website is currently inaccessible with companion sites also defaced. One site also showed a ‘Wanted’ poster with Kim Jong-un donning a Mickey Mouse tattoo and a pig’s nose and ears. Read more: www.thesun.co.uk...

I then began to search for this particular story somewhere else as it didnt appear to be important enough for its own article in The Sun.

The BBC have reported on it saying:

The hacking collective Anonymous has said it has been "hacking" and vandalising social networking profiles linked to North Korea.

The group has issued several warnings since the country's threats have intensified. Uriminzokkiri, a news site, has been forced offline - while Twitter and Flickr accounts have been breached.

Anonymous also claimed to have accessed 15,000 usernames and passwords from a university database.

As part of action which the loosely organised collective has called "Operation Free Korea", the hackers have called for leader Kim Jong-un to step down, a democratic government to be put in place - and for North Koreans to get uncensored internet access.

BBC article on Anonymous hacking NK websites

I havnt found this on ATS so far so thought I would share with you.

I think this is important. I have always been in agreement with Anonymous and what they do and strongly against those who try to label them cyber terrorists.

But as many of them who ridicule Anonymous are American, what is their reaction to them carrying out their "terrorist" attacks on an American enemy?

I would also just like to express my worries with the current NK situation. I think people are taking a very relaxed approach to all the news coming out of NK right now but in my opinion I think NK have talked themselves past the point of bluffing. With everything that has been said and done I think they can no longer go back on their word and this situation will not end peacefully.

I think NK, SK & the US are going to war which leaves me with the worrying thought of many other countries being dragged into this (UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan) to name a few.
edit on 4-4-2013 by Silicis n Volvo because: Edited to include the link to the BBC article.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Foolish antics by Anon I think-who knows what event may cause lil kim to start shooting rockets?
It could be something like this hacking which becomes the final straw-how would anon feel if their hack resulted in the deaths of many people?

They should stick to exposing corrupt companies/bankers IMO.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
Foolish antics by Anon I think-who knows what event may cause lil kim to start shooting rockets?
It could be something like this hacking which becomes the final straw-how would anon feel if their hack resulted in the deaths of many people?

They should stick to exposing corrupt companies/bankers IMO.

The answer to that is....Not a thing. Its for the Lulz and they do not care about individuals really. Its all a game to them.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Who is to say it even IS Anonymous...??? Who are they really anyhow? For all we know, could be CIA or NSA hackers calling themselves Anonymous....pretty hard to know really.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Who is to say it even IS Anonymous...??? Who are they really anyhow? For all we know, could be CIA or NSA hackers calling themselves Anonymous....pretty hard to know really.

true it could be US government. Anonymous is anyone and everyone. the very name its self says you dont know who they are. but its anybody who can use cyber skills to blow the whistle on corruption and secrets within the higher ups

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

The CIA or NSA would not waste time on pranks. They have better things to do. Anonmymous is just the internet version of vandals. They do just enough to be annoying and then get bored and move on.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Replaced with this photo! LOL

edit on 4-4-2013 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
You'd swear anonymous were a powerful international force alongside the US, Korea, Japan etc the way they're bigged up in the media

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

All Anon did was add the fuel to the fire. Great job Guy Fawke~ Now when his belicose rhetoric reaches the breaking point, it seems like it's getting close now, that mickey mouse tattoo and pig ears won't be so funny,

THANKS A LOT ANON~

Though I found the "Full Retarded and T.D.S" Comment by Anon hillarious it does nothing to simmer the situation.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Very true-anon expose themselves to being hijacked by any agency or wack job individual anywhere on earth,due to their nature of being Anon..

top topics

join