It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOTICE this Amber Alert - April 3, 2013

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by YapTalk

I think you're right about grandma. I know quite a few kids that shun their kids, but such a professional as she was? Not to mention, who in their right mind ties up their mother?
Maybe it was all a ploy and grandma allowed herself to be tied up as part of the ruse.

I'd like to add though that Florida isn't an easy state to get out of. There's really only two ways out, which is through Jacksonville or the panhandle, but they're going to have to go quite a ways to get there. Plus, with spring break being done, they won't be able to blend in with a bunch of other travelers unless the snowbirds are heading back.

You forgot another way to get out. On a boat! These were not junkies as listed in the news (drugs, drugs and more drugs)

These 2 are engineers, plus they had a whole year to plan their scape. I do not think Joshua Hakken just lost it.

For a whole year he ran his own business and planning to go elsewhere is quite a possible possibility.

He also had 2 hours of a head start and Tampa is right by the water. 3 miles later, they are in international waters.

Funny thing is that I cannot find anywhere any news about this so called anti-government rally in LA in 2012.

Can't find any news about the mother either. She would be listed on the newspaper as being arrested also is she was.

Funny thing is that the clerk of court in that particular LA Parish happens to be a paid subscription website run by a lady named Malise!

There is also absolutely no listings / news about an anti government rally in St. Tammany Parish, LA on June 17, 2012 or any other dates at all.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

This is the best article yet about the situation.
www.heavy.com...
Scroll down for the photos of grandma's house, her car, and other pertinent details.
I find it fascinating the father was in the Air Force and registered on Adam Kokesh's website. Be sure to check out what he posted.
It certainly seems as though he was being watched. Especially for the fact that he was a veteran. We all know that the government has already labeled veterans as terrorists.

I find this quite strange

Joshua and Sharyn Hakken allegedly first lost custody of their children after they attended an anti-government rally in Louisiana in 2012.

Joshua was arrested when found in possession of marijuana and other drug paraphernalia. According to NOLA.com:

So, mom & dad lost their custody BECAUSE they attended a anti-government rally. ????

I see that he was 'registered' on Adam's site yet he is talking about constitutional issues, being vigilant, freedoms and rights etc and nothing about 'taking the US gov down".

What I really want to see is the arrest file / court record because I am 99% sure that this guy either was placed in a 'differed adjudication' program when sentenced, charges were dropped or if convicted I BET you it was a tiny misdemeanor!

Nothing to pull kids away from their parent for.

This only leaves us with the alleged anti-government rally.

Taking the kids simply because the parents attended a rally???

WTF!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

We are living under a gov. that has made it possible to kidnap your own children ! And I hardly see any indication
that people even understand the temerity of the situation. There wasn't even enough time for them to be arraigned in court and a judgement was handed down stripping them of their parental rights ?

This is way off !
edit on 3-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by YapTalk

No, I don't think they lost custody because of they attended the anti-government rally. I think the reporter worded that badly or on purpose to make it sound that way. From what I understand, the drugs were found in the hotel room they went to after attending the rally.
From the reports you posted, their kids were also in the hotel room when the drugs were found. I don't know if I'd take such young kids to one of these rallies though, so I find this strange that responsible people would do this.

From the article I linked to earlier, I don't like the way this sounds, but I may just still be reeling from Sandy Hook.
www.heavy.com...

Officials said they still have unanswered questions about the family's history and that they are working with Louisiana state officials and FBI agents to fill in the gaps of information.

The FBI does seem to have a knack for filling in the gaps of a story.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

No, the parental rights were stripped, but it took one year for that to happen.
Slowly, but surely, the picture is forming, but wading through the muck in this one is daunting as many of the articles are revealing different and conflicting information. Plus, many reporters' writing skills are much to be desired.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I hope the kids are safe wherever they are, but without knowing the circumstances, I can't say anymore about the parents taking their own kids. (I assume it was the parents.)

The "anti-gov" mention might be a misplaced trigger word, but if it starts to show up more and more, in major new articles, then you'll know it was used as a red herring to infer guilt by association. [i.e. anyone who disagrees with gov = criminal]

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Anyways, I'm getting pretty tired, but thanks to all who've participated and offered up more puzzle pieces and posted the photos for me.

This is a strange case, but I feel it's important because my bones are telling me that we're going to be seeing more of these in the near future about anti-government people committing felonies and doing other drastic things.
Maybe they're being set up.
Maybe they're programmed.
Maybe they really are doing exactly what's being reported.

Strange times indeed, but one thing's for sure, these people were being watched. They knew they were at the rally and just happened to show up at the hotel room to "find" drugs. Of course guns are involved. They are smart people and were blogging on an anti-government website. The father was also an Air Force veteran.
All of the major signs are there to say that this may be a set up or a darker scenario.
Maybe they're plants to make this another false flag. Who knows. Maybe this veteran was moonlighting for the CIA.
I really won't rule anything out at this point, so I'll freely let my imagination wander until more info is released.
Good night all and be safe!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I find so peculiar that this anti government father is

1. A veteran
2. Business owner
3. Taxpayer
4. An Engineer
5. A Libertarian

who is also registered to vote as a Republican

From all the things above, which one of those are anti government?

Great place to find who your friends are voting for

edit on 3-4-2013 by YapTalk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Before I go, I did want to link to the thread about the government watching anti-government Americans.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

By the way, this was originally posted in OTHER BREAKING NEWS.
It's now 10:41pm on April 3rd and the kids haven't been located yet.
There also may be a conspiracy involved here.
I guess ATS isn't interested in helping locate these children since it's been taken out of the Breaking News section where more people may read it.
ATS also doesn't see the value of the anti-government meme to keep it on the conspiracy side of the board.
I'm really getting over it at this point.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by YapTalk

Excellent addition to the thread! He does seem like an upstanding citizen.
I wonder if he was an engineer for a government agency? Or maybe his wife? Both?

Well, I'm off to bed now. Thanks again and I hope more people want to CHIT CHAT about this important topic.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Well, I'm in MI, so this is the first I'm hearing about this story, and from what I've read so far, I don't think they will be heading this way with the boys.
I'm torn now, I hope the boys are safe, but from everything here, it sure doesn't sound like the parents are going to hurt them. So I can't really say that I want them found, because it may not end well for the parents if they are.

Any updates yet?

BTW, it never ceases to amaze/frighten me how easily some of you can find so much information. Great job with that, just don't try to find me!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I couldn't imagine the terror these people are going through. I'm telling you, move to a pot friendly, gun friendly state soon...because I hate to say it, but states are starting to line up against states... Some states want to protect the Constitution and Bill of Rights, and some do not. Some states want to admit the truth that we cannot wage war against a drug, and take advantage of drug revenues in a desperate crippled economy, rather than handing that money over to the cartels and street dealers, and some do not. Nope. Some want to say "Yes, our economy is so bad that, before long, we will have to dismantle the police force and close down hospitals and schools, but it doesn't matter, we are gonna keep on arresting nonviolent drug offenders until the last penny is spent. We are gonna beat this dead horse until it learns its lesson, so, basically forever." You might be tempted to say, "but hey... Our money is gonna run out before the next drug offender's rediculously long sentence is over. Do you hear me?? I said, you may as well not even arrest any more drug offenders because our economy will collapse, thanks to you arresting and housing all these drug offenders instead of profiting off the inevitable, looong before their sentence will have been served!" But then you stop and realize who you're taking to...and you realize its no use...

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Their vehicle has been found.
www.wftv.com...

The 2006 GMC Sierra was found in a parking garage in Madeira Beach.

On Thursday the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation issued a statewide alert after the car the children were believed to be in was thought to have been spotted in the southeast part of the state.

This updated article mentions their anti-government stance yet again:

According to investigators, Joshua and Sharyn Hakken are anti-government and have attempted a previous abduction at gunpoint in Louisiana.

Investigators said the two are considered armed and dangerous.

Are we even sure they have a gun or guns on them? I have yet to read any information stating that they held a gun on grandma while tying her up. I guess because of the Louisiana incident, it's being assumed he has a weapon.

Since their vehicle has been found near the beach, maybe they have taken a boat out and are on their way to, oh, Costa Rica or Puerto Rico? Unless the other car was spotted by an officer, I'd say the tip is weak. I doubt they're in Tennessee.
Seems these folks have this well planned out to have lasted this long without being spotted and apprehended.
Did the police and FBI actually believe that stating they were anti-government was going to get the public to help with finding them? All the comments I'm seeing on the boards on other sites state that the majority of those they know are anti-government. I hope the Feds are seeing that labeling a person or people anti-government will most likely work against them.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Their vehicle has been found.
www.wftv.com...

The 2006 GMC Sierra was found in a parking garage in Madeira Beach.

On Thursday the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation issued a statewide alert after the car the children were believed to be in was thought to have been spotted in the southeast part of the state.

This updated article mentions their anti-government stance yet again:

According to investigators, Joshua and Sharyn Hakken are anti-government and have attempted a previous abduction at gunpoint in Louisiana.

Investigators said the two are considered armed and dangerous.

Are we even sure they have a gun or guns on them? I have yet to read any information stating that they held a gun on grandma while tying her up. I guess because of the Louisiana incident, it's being assumed he has a weapon.

Since their vehicle has been found near the beach, maybe they have taken a boat out and are on their way to, oh, Costa Rica or Puerto Rico? Unless the other car was spotted by an officer, I'd say the tip is weak. I doubt they're in Tennessee.
Seems these folks have this well planned out to have lasted this long without being spotted and apprehended.
Did the police and FBI actually believe that stating they were anti-government was going to get the public to help with finding them? All the comments I'm seeing on the boards on other sites state that the majority of those they know are anti-government. I hope the Feds are seeing that labeling a person or people anti-government will most likely work against them.

Not much to post today as I am a little sick but I can say for a fact that they are NOT going to Puerto Rico.

Too small a place that is CRAWLING with FBI & other feds there... being a commonwealth & part of the USA... that's a no go.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Lol, just realized that I called the boat situation a few posts back.

Funny what a couple of "junkies" can do...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by YapTalk

Thanks for the U2U with the article about them being found in Cuba.

I've been so busy lately that I haven't had time to scour the news and this hasn't been mentioned yet on the usual local site I visit.
www.usatoday.com...

Hakken lost custody of his sons last year after a drug possession arrest in Louisiana, and he later tried to take them from a foster home at gunpoint, authorities have said.

Authorities have previously characterized the Hakkens as "anti-government."

The sheriff's office says it has received information that the Hakken family had arrived by boat in Cuba. Investigators say they're working with the FBI and the U.S. State Department to verify reports.

CNN's Patrick Oppmann, reporting from Havana, said he saw the Hakken family at a marina, but they refused to talk to him. He reported that the father, mother and one child was spotted. He quotes Hakken as saying only that the children are "OK."

CNN said the family appeared to be setting up to live on the boat as their home.

Cuba does not have an extradition treaty with the United States.

Maybe if the government hadn't made such a huge deal about them being anti-government, they may have had more help from the citizens. That's just my two cents though, but I hope it sends the authorities the message that labeling people as such will get them no respect or cooperation.
I do hope the parents are good to their kids though and don't place them in any danger. I'm sure they're scared and don't really understand what's going on.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Something really fricking reeks with this debacle. The authorities already went & dragged them back:

U.S. authorities traveled to Cuba late Tuesday night and picked up the Tampa family that has been the subject of an Amber Alert for almost a week. The plane arrived back in the U.S. after 1 a.m. Wednesday.

Cuba turned over to the U.S. Joshua Hakken, his wife Sharyn and their two young boys Tuesday after the family was spotted alongside their boat, Salty, docked at Havana's Hemingway Marina.

www.baynews9.com...

Cuba didn't have to turn them over, we don't have an extradition treaty with them. WTH? Exactly how bad were the threats to Cuba to make them fork the Hakken family over so quickly?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

You're right. Something does stink. I was also surprised to see that Cuba turned them over and so quickly.
What did the US say to them to get them to comply so quickly? They probably told them no more US celebrities would be visiting and spending their money there anymore.

Hopefully we'll get more details now that they're in custody. I wonder if the grandmother will be getting the boys back?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I was surprised as well that Cuba just handed them over. Was anyone able to find anything about why the mom would have lost custody?

I have a feeling, like so many other "questionable" stories we've heard lately, this one is going to just disappear.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

I've seen so many other news and blog sites keeping track of this one that I doubt it will be able to disappear. I'd think that those keeping tabs on the progression of this case will be emailing questions to those agencies and demanding updates if suddenly it fell off the radar.

No, I still don't have any clue why the mother lost her parental rights, but I'm thinking that hers were terminated when the drugs were found in the hotel room rather than her being terminated at the same time her husband's were terminated. So, she's probably just going through the system now until they're done investigating and declare her incompetent as well.
edit on 10-4-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join