It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
(visit the link for the full news article)
He looks like a typical 7-year-old boy, but on Tuesday night, Sam Grant is facing many charges that many adults never will.
He is charged with two felonies for something that happened when his mother turned her back for just a second.
Sam's parents said this scenario began in February when Sam was playing outside with his BB gun. They said he began shooting at an abandoned house right across the street, but instead, Sam shot two cars as they were passing by.
Sam is charged with two felony counts of discharging a firearm
Unless a DNA sample has previously been obtained by lawful process and a record stored in the State DNA Database, and that record and sample have not been expunged pursuant to any provision of law, a person:
(1) Who is convicted of any of the crimes listed in subsection (b) of this section or who is found not guilty of any of these crimes by reason of insanity and committed to a mental health facility in accordance with G.S. 15A‑1321, shall provide a DNA sample upon intake to jail, prison, or the mental health facility. In addition, every person convicted of any of these crimes, but who is not sentenced to a term of confinement, shall provide a DNA sample as a condition of the sentence.
(b) Crimes covered by this Article include all of the following:
(1) All felonies.
(2) G.S. 14‑32.1 – Assaults on handicapped persons.
(3) Former G.S. 14‑277.3 – Stalking.
(4) Repealed by Session Laws 2010‑94, s. 5, effective February 1, 2011.
(5) All offenses described in G.S. 15A‑266.3A. (1993, c. 401, s. 1; 2001‑487, s. 46; 2003‑376, s. 2; 2005‑130, s. 2; 2009‑58, s. 2; 2010‑94, s. 5.)
Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by Casualboy100
Well,.. Maybe they let the mom go because she was good enough to RAT the boy out.
But seriously. You are right. They should have charge the mother with something.