It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Ships Units in Africa and then Turkey

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
What is plausible is that UK forces could be deployed to some action in the Middle East (Syria?) having landed and assembled in Turkey.

Indeed, there are already NATO units in Turkey providing defence against rocket attacks. Either that, or they could assemble in Cyprus too. Syria is pretty much surrounded by NATO and NATO friendly countries...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Exactly. I think this is a simple misunderstanding (easy with friend of a friend type scenarios).

And given that Syrian Rebels have said publicly (today or yesterday) that their best hope is Britain / France rather than USA led operations then i think it only adds to the plausibility of such a situation.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

If you're looking for an angle, it is probably as a contingency for Syria...

Would be more likely...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I think they will just be stanioned at the Syrian border... like the Germans. I have some friends in the Germany army, they will be send to the border in July too. (enforcement of the already stanioned German troops)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
To make it clear.I do NOT know if UK plans to attack Turkey,and my friend knows that they will be moving there,nothing more.I'm just guessing that it looks too much of a coincidence,to have UK units moving to Turkey when Turkey shows off some military jets and ships.For some years now we got agressive actions from turkish jets(like F-4E Terminator 2020) flying over greek territory,not bombing or attacking,but flying over Greek military outposts,or just cities.But as i said,for 3-4 months now they became more agressive.
And once again,i do NOT know if the UK plans to attack Turkey,or just place some units there to move in other areas,like Syria as some said

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ereveton
To make it clear.I do NOT know if UK plans to attack Turkey,and my friend knows that they will be moving there,nothing more.I'm just guessing that it looks too much of a coincidence,to have UK units moving to Turkey when Turkey shows off some military jets and ships.For some years now we got agressive actions from turkish jets(like F-4E Terminator 2020) flying over greek territory,not bombing or attacking,but flying over Greek military outposts,or just cities.But as i said,for 3-4 months now they became more agressive.
And once again,i do NOT know if the UK plans to attack Turkey,or just place some units there to move in other areas,like Syria as some said

I think you will find it is absolutely clear the UK has no plans to attack Turkey. Please stop spreading these disgusting and inaccurate lies about my country. You have absolutely no right to use us, or our military to justify your ancient grudges.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MiG24

I think you will find it is absolutely clear the UK has no plans to attack Turkey. Please stop spreading these disgusting and inaccurate lies about my country. You have absolutely no right to use us, or our military to justify your ancient grudges.

Not sure if you're stupid or just messing around.Read the #ing post again,i NEVER said UK is gonna attack Turkey.In my OP i said that units will move there,and then i asked if the rest of ATS community thinks an attack like that could happen.In the second post I say it again that i do NOT know if UK is planning to attack Turkey or use it to place the units so they can move somewhere else.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Read the #ing post again

Ok then.

i NEVER said UK is gonna attack Turkey

You have been insinuating that you feel this would happen, which is clearly displayed here:

i do NOT know if UK is planning to attack Turkey or use it to place the units so they can move somewhere else.

You know full well the UK is not planning an attack on Turkey.

This thread and your posts will now be alerted to the mods as trolling.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MiG24

You have been insinuating that you feel this would happen, which is clearly displayed here:

i do NOT know if UK is planning to attack Turkey or use it to place the units so they can move somewhere else.

You know full well the UK is not planning an attack on Turkey.

This thread and your posts will now be alerted to the mods as trolling.

I still don't know if you're stupid or trolling
I'm a free man,i got my own opinion,i may believe that UK is about to invade Mars,so what?I presented the facts as they are,and when i said something that I personaly guess,i made it clear that it's MY OWN PERSONAL GUESS and not what is happening/about to happen.Now,if you're not smart enough to understand that,it's not my #in problem,so stop spamming on the thread unless you understand the difference between facts and personal opinions.cheers

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
They'd be more likely to attack Greece than Turkey. Neither will happen.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MortlitantiFMMJ
They'd be more likely to attack Greece than Turkey. Neither will happen.

As I said,my friend says they'll move to Turkey.I do NOT know if they will go there with Turkey's aprrooval so they can move to another area or they plan to attack someone around,even Greece or Cyprus

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ereveton

If they were going to hypothetically attack one of them, Turkey would be a much better long term ally than Greece

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This is really a non-thread TBH.

The UK and Turkey have a long standing friendship, one in which the UK vocally backs Turkey in its attempt to join the EU. Add to which there are a lot Brits living in Turkey and vice versa Turks living in the UK.

The only ''invasion'' by the UK of Turkey is of the holiday variety and of the growing ex-pat community.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Niaga

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Why would the UK fire on Turkey? Who is Turkey going to attack?

Turkey was one of our few true allies who genuinely supported us during the Falklands war. The only other one was Norway.

edit on 2-4-2013 by Niaga because: (no reason given)

Er, USA offered the Brits sidewinders, refueling, and intelligence during the Falklands dustup.(Brit for small war)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Exactly. I think this is a simple misunderstanding (easy with friend of a friend type scenarios).

And given that Syrian Rebels have said publicly (today or yesterday) that their best hope is Britain / France rather than USA led operations then i think it only adds to the plausibility of such a situation.

recent article in either rantburg or atlas shrugs state that girls are being kidnapt to be sent to Syria to satisfy the sexual needs of the male rebels, I spend most morning (up to four hours) reading news sites, so cannot always remember which site said what. The Brit government wants to send arms to those 'people' ?

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

Ah yes...

I also heard that my next door neighbour is actually a Demon... It must be true, but I don't have a source for it... Just trust me

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
That's an old thread of mine, but please read the post. And then get informed on what is going on in Turkey right now.Riots are going on, and police fights civies. Now, as I said in my OP, I was told that the team that will be sent will go to Turkey. I didn't know the reason. Now I can guess why.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

That's an old thread of mine, but please read the post. And then get informed on what is going on in Turkey right now.Riots are going on, and police fights civies. Now, as I said in my OP, I was told that the team that will be sent will go to Turkey. I didn't know the reason. Now I can guess why.

The UK was preparing to send troops to Turkey several months ago because they knew a park protest would get briefly out of hand?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Erm... the UK has great relations with Turkey clearly BS

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I was on skype with a friend of mine that now lives in UK and he will be sent in Africa.I guess you all already have heard about the "330 UK military personnel" sent.Thing is,he's not one of them.According to what he says they plan to send more units around July,but not to be placed there,they will just pass through Africa moving east.At first I thought he meant Korea side,but no,they'll move towards Turkey.I live in Greece,and i'm in the military forces here,computer expert.We always had problems,but lately we have lots of incidents with ships and/or jets from Turkey,being around "our" east part of the Aegean,some of these remain secret to not cause panic.Turkey is becoming mor and more agresssive..
I'd like to read your opinion on that.Are we heading to WW3 with UK firing first on Turkey?If an attack like that happens,how is it gonna affect the rest of the world?Will US and Russia do something?If yes,against who?

PS-I'll keep updating this post everytime i have more info

There are always incidents with Turkish ships and jets violating Greece's sovereignty.
The UK plays no part in that, other then to do and say nothing about Turkish aggression. They turn a blind eye.
If Turkey attacked Greece, the UK would do nothing against Turkey.

What the British soldiers heading to Turkey, if true, they'd be going there for the NATO deployed Patriot missiles along Turkeys border with Syria.

That is one possibility. Another possibility is that they are headed to the Incirlik NATO base in Turkey, to be deployed for exercises somewhere, or Afghanistan.

Maybe they will be deployed to Cyprus? The UK still maintains two bases in Cyprus.

Maybe there is some other deployment the UK is involved in nearby?

Why didn't your friend in the UK tell you why he is being deployed and to where exactly?

<< 1  2    4 >>

join