It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Ships Units in Africa and then Turkey

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Nope they decided to send aid to alleviate the suffering of millions because of a decision made in the house of lords. I also had two ancestors who fought and died in the royal irish regiments at the battle of Somme.. fighting.. for you. I cant stand the IRA and Gerry Adams nor everything they stand for either, and i wouldnt know where to start in how to make a bomb. But you are right, I am a mick or paddy, haha you got me there.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Niaga

Originally posted by Warchief666
Slightly a bit off topic but a bit of History none the less. The great famine in Ireland cost millions of lives and displacement in the mid to late 1840s. The blight on potatoes, one of the main crops grown in the country was devastaing. England being the colonial power that it is virtually owned ireladn through a system of landed gentry and landlords put their by the powers that be. Ireland ironically at the time was the most agriculturally productive country per capita in Europe, so you might ask yourself how did all those people starve? Well a decision was made in the house of lords in westminster that Ireland was overpopulated and they people were getting in the way of food growing in mainland Britain. The decision was made too let the people starve to thin the herd so to speak. An atrocity. The Sultan of the Ottoman Empire at teh time got wind of the suffering of the Irish people and decided to send 10,000 pounds to ease the pain(the equivelent of around 80,000,000 pounds today apparnetly(the figure i was told). Britain said to the Sultan(ruler of what is now modern day Turkey), that if he did this and sent this aid, the British empire with consider this an act of war!!!!! He reigned in his horses and discreetly sent 10 sips laden with food to the shores of ireland. The British sank all but two.

Anyway, here is a little gem of historical relations between turkey(ottoman empire) and Britain from time past. As an Irish man, the turkish people are alright by me.

Over and Out,

CB

They're your friends because they went against us? Typical mick, go back to your bomb making.

I believe that your rather unsavoury remark was not called for Niaga and was highly direspectful.

May i suggest that you could have debated instead of insulting posters?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Warchief666
Nope they decided to send aid to alleviate the suffering of millions because of a decision made in the house of lords. I also had two ancestors who fought and died in the royal irish regiments at the battle of Somme.. fighting.. for you. I cant stand the IRA and Gerry Adams nor everything they stand for either, and i wouldnt know where to start in how to make a bomb. But you are right, I am a mick or paddy, haha you got me there.

No, just a mick. So tell me, when is your government going to pay us back the billions we have spent keeping your cute little economy and society afloat, and give us one very good reason why we shouldn't cross the northern Border in massively overwhelming numbers to ensure repayment?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

I believe that your rather unsavoury remark was not called for Niaga and was highly direspectful.

May i suggest that you could have debated instead of insulting posters?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

I believe that attacking our homes and places of work during the toubles was not called for and highly disrespectful. I believe that the comments used against us by the mick in his opening post were not called for.

If you attack my country, verbally, physically, or through inaction, you make me an enemy.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
well, our economic situation is extremely unfortunate. I myself have had to emigrate to Australia as my partner is an engineer and I am an accountant and neither of us had any prospects at home. Our government is attempting to keep afloat with austerity measures. I actually have a masters in economics but I am not going to argue to ins and outs of whats going in either Britains or Irelands economies but I would suggest that we have not yet defaulted on our payments to other countries yet and are slowly getting our house in order. I would suggest that other countries owe Britain far more money than ourselves and that Britain has other concerns rather than physically seizing what is owed. But I dont deny that if Britain decided to take that route(however laughably unlikely that may be) that they would subdue is un a week, the end result being another spate nonsensical terrorism and they fueling of support for maniacs like McGuinness and Adams.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Niaga

I see you are actually quite new to this forum Niaga, so may i invite you to read this :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We all have our own differing opinions and i respect yours but you in order to keep this forum great for everyone may i suggest that you send a U2U message to the person who you disagreed with next time?

Kindest respects and back on topic again huh folks?

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Warchief666

This is way off topic and all I will say on the matter, but it wasn't just "England" or the English. In fact, the Scots have a great many questions to answer when it comes to Ireland.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Warchief666

This is way off topic and all I will say on the matter, but it wasn't just "England" or the English. In fact, the Scots have a great many questions to answer when it comes to Ireland.

Don't mention that, you'll upset the England hating celt fest. Even if the Jocks did take part, they'll never get given any blame.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Oh i see.Thank you

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

I have done some reading on Ireland (in fact, I am descended in part from Irish settlers in Cornwall) and would happily discuss it in a thread, if you please? It wasn't quite as simple as you made out in your original post and there was quite a bit going on..

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I think you meant your reply for Niaga?
I'm not Irish.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Niaga

Good thing we're half a world apart champ, anyhow you need to relax my friend. This is a discussion site not a site
for sooking about what you cant control, why take it to heart what your ancestors did.
I've got a bit of Pommie in me but I dont brag about it, my ancestors did the smart thing and came to where the weather is better, and yeah I am not a convict. My first ancestor came here in 1854 and they paid their own way here as well. Cant wait for the Ashes brother, if you cant beat the kiwis where a pretty good show.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

No, I meant you as you brought up the Irish famine and what the ottoman Sultan did... It would make for a good thread and I think some things need clearing up...

Anyhoo, we're way off topic..

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Noooo Stu,here's my post,my question

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Jeebus, I am terribly sorry!

Show's one can't post and "work" at the same time!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ereveton

UK would not attack Turkey unless there had been a complete breakdown in NATO relations and information that Turkey planned on attacking the UK.

What is plausible is that UK forces could be deployed to some action in the Middle East (Syria?) having landed and assembled in Turkey.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join