It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanton Friedman says "UFOs are not real!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
What a bombshell confession by preeminent UFOlogist Stanton Friedman today, April 1st. Friedman, who gained fame by helping to reinvigorate the Roswell story, has become one of, if not the most respected people in the field. Now, with this story, it potentially leaves UFOlogy in a great state of peril.

Nuclear physicist and longtime UFO researcher Stanton Friedman was recently a guest on Podcast UFO, a weekly show hosted by Martin Willis exploring the UFO phenomenon. During the interview, Friedman candidly stated, “I just want to make sure everybody realizes there really aren’t any unidentified flying objects . . . It’s a great story, it’s exciting, but it’s fiction.”

Friedman

Please find the article on openmindstv.com. I cannot get the link to work, not sure what I am doing wrong.

Don't worry fellow believers. After a brief pause, Friedman reminded every one to have a happy APRIL FOOL's day.

edit on 1-4-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: Fix link

edit on 1-4-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: Link issues

edit on 1-4-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
also he was speaking truth since they aren't unidentified we know what they are...

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Even if this had been true, the field does not need the Fried Man for UFOs to exist.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
April Fools!

edit on 1-4-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I just knew this was an April Fools thing, because I met Mr. Friedman in Roswell, NM, a few years ago. He most definitely believes them to be real. He makes fun of those who say that UFOs aren't real. A very nice man, very approachable and loves to chat with fans.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
I just knew this was an April Fools thing, because I met Mr. Friedman in Roswell, NM, a few years ago. He most definitely believes them to be real. He makes fun of those who say that UFOs aren't real. A very nice man, very approachable and loves to chat with fans.
p

I would love to have a few cokes and a long chat with Stanton. Smart man, and I love heating his perspectives in the subject. One that I am passionately interested about.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Jchristopher5

Make sure you invite Druscilla and Oberg when you meet with Stanton.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
It's April fools day on here every day
as far as the UFO fraternity is concerned!

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Mr. Friedman will be back in Roswell this July. I enjoying going on the anniversary of the 1947 Roswell crash, partially because of the events at the UFO museum, and partially because people crowd in there with their homemade foil hats and green plastic alien sunglasses, and it's a fun time (although usually hot as a firecracker at that time of year). Thankfully we live only 1 1/2 hours drive from Roswell, so it's a daytrip for us. Lunch at Farley's and then downtown for the main events.

We even met Travis Walton, the guy who says he was abducted and then dropped back off. He signed his book to me with the statement, "thanks for believing me". Naturally it's an important event for the UFO community, although it's not in a convenient part of the country to get to.

Stanton Friedman's event calendar: www.stantonfriedman.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

It would be fun to have a sort of debate, Oberg/Dru vs. Friedman, ala Stanton and Klass of more then a decade ago.

I don't agree with a lot from Oberg or Dru. I have had disagreements with both of them on this forum. But I respect the viewpoint that people like myself cannot inconclusively prove that a non-human interaction and interference is taking place around us.

Some UFOs are part of that phenomenon, in my opinion. The mountain of evidence points to it. We have key testimony about the cover up. But, we cannot yet prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt, at least to suit most people.

I have been 100 percent convinced in this reality for a while. Like others, I struggle to convince those who don't want to believe.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Hah April 1st, not bad, some would believe it.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
On April 1 Stanton Friedman came to our school,
He said, "Big announcement. I've been such a fool,"
Flying saucers aren't real.
I know how you feel.
Ha, ha! Just kidding! April Fool!

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
April fools aside.

UFO's or visiting aliens..?

Stanton Friedman is one of the people who like to blur the difference between the two.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

You got me

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Oh!

You got me.

While I disagree with his views on the MJ-12 documents, I respect Stanton Friedman greatly for his Roswell work, and I think he is absolutely a genuine ufologist.
edit on 1-4-2013 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It certain could be fiction, sometimes...

See, this is where I part way with harsher skeptics than myself. There're just cases where I cannot dismiss witnesses simple based on the lack of empirical evidence; piece of UFO. I mean, I understand that without conclusive evidence it's all a story, but there's a human side to this phenomenon. Witnesses are people like ourselves. They come in all shapes and sizes and personalities.

I think it really happened to me when I talked with witnesses who were no associated with the phenomenon in the popular press. It dawned on me that most UFO stories are not publicly known. Moreso, they're people from all walks of life. They could be anybody, even your closest friend.

Maybe it hints at a type of crowd psychosis. Sort of like how when people come together they form a mob and do actions they would not normally do. Maybe this is what creates myths. And people believe it. But it's hard for me to take all that has happened and to claim it's psychotic.

A negative can't be proven. So we cannot tell skeptics to prove UFOs are not real. Fact is, the belief that this phenomenon could be something ET is not factual. It's not a science.

Evenso, I still look out at the billions of stars at night and ponder the implications. Maybe someday we'll know, but maybe we'll never know. Maybe we'll find ET microbes, or maybe not.

Maybe we'll find out that we're alone in our universe. That would be scary, no? Is like waking up one morning and finding out that everybody else on the planet is dead. We'd have no other intelligent species to converse with. Nobody to share insight with or to learn from. We'd be like a child with no parent. We'd have a road ahead of us, but there'd be no directions or no guides. So it'd probably be a bumpy road, for sure. And maybe a lonely one, but only at first...

Why? I think aliens would emerge from our future evolution. I'm certain humans would divide and form different species through genetic engineering. Different cultures will want to be themselves and thus be different. Cosmic space would separate and variance would settle in to create diverging evolutions. After some hundred thousand years or a million there'd be many human-like species. So perhaps in a million years we could say there were aliens because our descendents will give birth to multiple cosmic civilizations. They might even be dramatically different, who knows?
edit on 2-4-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
April fools aside.

UFO's or visiting aliens..?

Stanton Friedman is one of the people who like to blur the difference between the two.

Setting up a false choice - either there's no such thing as UFO's or Aliens are visiting us.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Of course.

Stanton Friedman is very careful to talk about UFO's most of the time rather than saying visiting aliens, He says UFO but infers visiting aliens. That way he always has a backdoor if proved wrong on anything. He can just simply say i never mentioned aliens.

There will always be UFO's..anything to far away to identify is a UFO. So questions like "are UFO's real" is a total waste of time. The answer is "yes there will always be things in the sky that some people cant immediately identify".

People like UFO Stanton Friedman play on this grey area for a living.

edit on 2-4-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by draknoir2

Of course.

Stanton Friedman is very careful to talk about UFO's most of the time rather than saying visiting aliens, He says UFO but infers visiting aliens. That way he always has a backdoor if proved wrong on anything. He can just simply say i never mentioned aliens.

There will always be UFO's..anything to far away to identify is a UFO. So questions like "are UFO's real" is a total waste of time. The answer is "yes there will always be things in the sky that some people cant immediately identify".

People like UFO Stanton Friedman play on this grey area for a living.

edit on 2-4-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

I don't agree completely. I do understand that a plane making an approach COULD be a UFO to an untrained observer.

However, when hundreds witness a delta shaped object, a thousand meters wide, silently hovering, moving slowly and then accelerating away in an instant, that is a real UFO. Meaning, you would be challenged to find a known earthly explanation for that sighting. Take the Phoenix Lights case.

When military personal touch and note indecipherable symbols on a landed craft in the Rendleshem Forest, that is a real UFO.

When Lonnie Zamora witnesses a disk shaped craft, with non-human looking occupants that see him and fly away in an instant, in a craft not seen from Earthly powers, that is a UFO.

When Travis Walton and his group witness a disk shaped craft extending a beam of light to Travis, and they all describe a similar scene, under a lie detector, he is gone for 5 days and returns, that is a UFO.

IMHO, there are absolutely real UFOs. Ones which no one can brush off with earthly explanations. They appear to be physical craft that can do extraordinary things. Have we mastered the ability to silently hover objects, sometimes cloaking them, and speeding away in a flash, with no sound and o sonic boom? I don't believe that we have.

So are they natural phenomena? No, they appear physical in many cases.
Do top secret aircraft account for all sightings? I think not.

They appear to be real, intelligently controlled, and foreign to earth. Are they aliens? I can't say for sure, but logic tells me they might well be, if we can't explain them from a 2012 perspective.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
To be clear, here's the quote from the other thread on this from a person who says he created the video with Stan's help and apparently joined ATS to comment in that thread (showing a post count of 1, making this his first post at ATS).

Originally posted by PodcastUFO
reply to post by Vrill

Just for the record, I asked Stan to record this with me as my entire website was converted to an April Fool's Day spoof.
[gratuitous link removed]
It was off the cuff and unscripted so it is a bit clunky.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Martin Willis
edit on 4/2/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: [gratuitous link removed]

That can be found here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join