It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom in the 50 states 2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Here's a link to see how your state ranks in overall freedom..

freedominthe50states.org...

My state (Washington) ranked #26

There is a paragraph below your state explaining why and what could be fixed to improve it..

check it out...

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
#23 FL

The only good thing about this place is the view, and lax(still restrictive in south) gun laws.
edit on 4/1/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Wow... California sucks at pretty much everything.
(Except drugs) which is no good anyways.
--Also probably why there are no jobs

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Least free state in US.

New York is by far the least free state in the Union. It is therefore no surprise that New York residents have been heading for the exits: 9.0 percent of the state’s 2000 population, on net, left the state for another state between 2000 and 2011, the highest such figure in the nation.

New York has, by a wide margin, the highest taxes in the country: 14.0 percent of income, three and a half standard deviations above the national mean. New York is also the most indebted state, setting its own record high in FY 2010 at 33.2 percent of income.

I just found a new job after a year of looking. I'm cooking at a horrible corporate restaurant and my training wage is a whopping 8.50/hr. I'm sure it'll get me far
but I'll be saving every thing I possibly can to try to be part of the percent leaving this state.

The crappy corporate restaurant has franchises nationwide though, so maybe I can get to a more free state after I save money and transfer!

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
gee, let's see....the most "free" states just happen to be all red states...what a coincidence
...good thing this "study" was not biased in any way, right?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I guess no ones really cares..

Hmm, Well i thought it was interesting...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

I'm confused by your comment.

gee, let's see....the most "free" states just happen to be all red states...what a coincidence...good thing this "study" was not biased in any way, right?
You claim bias, but apparently without evidence. If the study was only about gun rights, and red states were at the top, would you claim bias?

I checked one state and found that one of their recommendations was to liberalize marijuana laws. That doesn't sound like a Republican bias.

The study also allows you to adjust the weight of the various measures used in the study. In effect, you could create your own. Would you please go back and adjust the study to show that the most free states were blue states? Oh, and tell us how you did it.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I looked at the top 8 "most free" states, and the 8 "least free." (I stopped at 8 because it was getting tiresome.) All of the top 8 states had a net plus immigration, more people were coming to live in the state than were leaving. All 8 states on the bottom of the list had a net minus on immigration. Abandoning ship?

posted on Apr, 30 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
plz tell me some name...freedom in the states...

top topics

join