It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Warning predicts "Sundown in America"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad
reply to post by RadicalRebel

The first thing that has to change is the Federal Minimum wage...it should be at the minimum $14/hr....this will spur spending and some saving by the people that dont have much, plus if they have to refi a home, it will be easier and towns wont look like ghost towns because people have had to vacate their most valued possession. The rich will still get richer, but they only get richer if the little guy has money to spend.

OMG

i have to disagree here, i dont see any benefit to nearly doubling the minimum wage. I dont even think Obama's proposed increase to $9 an hour will help anyone in the long run.
Prices for goods will rise, as well as unemployment, and while tax revenues would increase for the state/fed it would only give them more to squander and mis-appropriate.
What would become of someone like me who already makes nearly $14 dollars an hour and can still barely manage his rent/utilities/taxes/food?
Sure i would love to see millions of Americans lifted out of poverty, thats why i agree with the changes suggested in the OP:
Limits on terms for publicly elected officials
Limits on spending for campaigns
Separation of church and state....oh i mean banks and state...

America has this HUGE gaping wound and making a move to raise minimum wages or inject the economy with billions of "phony" dollars amounts placing a band-aid on it, on top of which they continually feel the need to rip that bandaid off and try a different one rather than cauterize the wound, or in this case amputate may be the best solution

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

On one hand, he wants to separate federal power and the economy yet, on the other hand, he talks about restricting banks with regulations that won't allow them to trade.

What he's really saying but just won't come out and say it is that we need more legislative involvement in the economy but it just needs to be the right kind.

I think what he means is that he wants less regulation of the banks, not more legislation. No more bailouts, no more "to big to fail" bs, if they fail then that is the process of the free market, and tying the "invisible hand" behind the governments back obviously hasnt helped.
Its almost akin to the breaking up of the corporate monopolies in the 80's and 90's

Maybe your right also though but even the right kind of legislation could have benefits as long its geared towards limiting the government involvement in the banking industry. Perhaps such a a shift either way could be enough for the government to take back its fiscal responsibility and stop relying on the reserve...on second thought....

Theoretically though, either course would involve legislative change which is an uphill battle from inception, personally i would love to see the end of the fed and thier banking system driving our country further into debt every day. Along with an end to gov borrowing and a tight clamp on its spending

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888
reply to post by incoserv

I've been reading threads like this for the past 5 years saying America is going to collapse, well how about giving a date, nobody seems to be able to give a date, IMO its all B.S. until someone can come up with a date, and the people who do come up with a date, it never happens.Someone please show me 100% proof that America is going to collapse and give me a date when.

No one will ever be able to give you a date, it's far too complex, and any one of a hundred incidents could set it off.
The math is simple though, there is no escape, and if you would just look into our current national debt, the rate of added deficit, and the impossibity of our ability to grow out of it, you would know, it's not if but when. It really is about 99.9 percent. You see trying to balance the budget at this point will cause the collapse. But every day we successfully delay, just makes the eventual collapse larger. The debt is too large to setup a payment plan, we don't and can't make payments large enough to pay it off without causing a depression.

That is the optimistic view though, more likely massive bank failures due to their incredible sucidal greed will get us first.

If an alien race landed and gave us Star Trek type replicators, then it can be avoided. If 95 percent of the population is killed off in WWIII it can probably be avoided. If a metor hits or a super volcano goes off it can also be avoided. That's about the only scenarios I can come up with to avoid it.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lbndhr

wish i had the money to buy land...
my family thinks i am crazy for my "stockpiles" but i am sure when they are still wiping thier a$$e$ they wont feel the same way...my nephew calls me the "T-P king" and keeps telling me that im gonna be able to make a fortune if/when the SHTF

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by dondrews
You sir, just received my first flag. I will also star you. Two things that I have been saying, believing, hoping to happen: 1. A single term for all elected citizen/officials. It was never intended to be a career! 2. End the lobbying. Period. Especially grotesque is the revolving door of government officials turning into lobbyists, and lobbyists turning into government officials. This practice is criminal, unethical, and intolerable!!!! It may be too late; but at least we can try to make amends. Wake up SHEEPLE!

im quoting this just becasue i want people to read it again...
srry for the 1 liner

For all who have contributed here i appreciate your input and if i have not direclty responded its mostly becasue i have had a long day, need sleep and dont want to waste the thread with a virtual diatribe of my own responces.

I will say though that i am slightly disappointed at the lack of conflict with the ideas presented in the OP, not becasue i enjoy conflict but because it seems to show the true direction America is heading...i guess somewhere inside i was hoping to find some glimmer of hope that this wasnt the case but like the siggy says...if the truth hurts you must be doing something wrong.
edit on 2-4-2013 by RadicalRebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

im quoting this just becasue i want people to read it again...
srry for the 1 liner ya this is one hell of a post....

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

You would think that seeing all of the vacancies around the land of the free, home of the brave (abusively sacrificing the lives of Americans by occupying other countries for ahhhh maybe the NWO?) Not sure how liberty will survive because the sands seem to be sparse, once out time then the people will realize they were fueling the end which are going to leave sheeple in shock, rage, chaotic and many ruthless will stop no matter what the cost.

Sadly we have never been able to buy stocks or invest to gain a financial edge because we have been creating the working poor. We are stuck and only as good as our last sale. Living barely month to month.....and the beat goes on.

War seems to loom in the wake (pun intended) and seems that this course is the journey we are on. Seems America is in the soul collection or the culling of the masses; maybe both if you want to throw in a few religious, alien "conspiracies" all the while bringing us to our knees. Which may be the master plan.

Lastly am I the only one that has noticed Mad Max has been playing a lot more often than average?

Yes I know teevee is the propaganda machine but could their be a warrior to by pass the economic climb of the doubling of the dow fallacy intending on boob tube to continue tell us all is great and we're climbing out of our country's NON-spending spree (Pelosi) by inflating the market digitally as well as printing because the home market is on the mend." All things are not on the upward swing for the 99% - contrary to the actual statement.....we do need to look up as the precipice is to God of reality or to the government's setting up the sheeple through hologram and then many can decide..... anti-Christ or just savy tactics of Bernanke, Geitner, Paulson, Bush, weather underground as well as their mouth piece poster child keeping the people away from the people's house while duality continues to keep us busy over gun laws or Obamacare or _________ insert your own "busy" left hand subject.

Praying to see the light at the end of the tunnel because we have been in the dark since the great depression and hoping it isn't the color blue.

edit on 2-4-2013 by mcsandy because: eta

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
All we need to do is throw out the corruption, but this country is unwilling to admit that it even has a problem. Mindless liberals that make up almost half the nation walk around as if absolutely nothing is wrong and call anyone that points out an issue a "conspiracy theorist" or "chicken little".

Seriously, what do you expect? This nation is being torn down by it's people.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
In terns of accomplished people who claim to believe that they know exactly what will happen and a timeframe that it will happen in, I do not question them for they have taken the time to amass their credentials and thoroughly analyze the subject in order to reach their conclusion. However, the only questions I have for them are, how do they plan to stop it/help stop it? Do they plan to stop it? What is their way of avoiding the catastrophe or having it affect them minimally?

I am quite aware of and growing a bit frustrated with these "THE BRITISH ARE COMING" posts. YES we ALL (every one who is even on this site in the first place) have a fishy inkling of SOMETHING that is coming and something isn't right. Since I am new to this site, and have not searched for a forum on the topic I'm about to suggest, I apologize in advance for relaying any idea that has resounded here numerous times.

There should be a forum of simply solutions. As I am aware that the man in this article did post his in full detail, I feel as if mostly all of recent posts only tell us of the problem that is coming and neither OP nor the person commenting offer any solution. It usually just ends up with calling the OP crazy or bashing them in general. I say that I am "new" to the site in the sense that this is the first day I made an account to actually post in the forums myself. I am a long time lurker. But yes, I would like to see more posts like these that offer SOME type of light.

Or just stop posting doomsday material. You only add to the "fear mongering" we all seem to enjoy pointing out wherever we see it.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaTom

We are all heading for a fall. The corrupt have so corrupted this nation - there's no hope of ending that. They will hide in the holes when the crap (collapse of the dollar and what ever man-made catastrophe they have planned).

Know people you can trust. Know how to grow, or find food. Have something to protect you from the unknowing and stupid people that are going to come hunting for whatever they can steal from you. (Why do you think they're trying to disarm america?)

The gov't is going to confiscate your "money", but it's not going to be worth anything anyhow. They'll try to confiscate gold/silver. They know ammo will be worth more than either, that's why they're trying to buy it all up.

It's going to be ugly. If you live in a big city - God help you. That's the only thing that will.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaTom

Im sorry im a bit confused at your post, you seem to be complaigning about...exactly what your posting.
Perhaps i am wrong?

There is also a section of the article posted in the OP which gives suggestive solutions as well as the acknowledgement of said solutions and comments by several others in the thread giving suggested solutions...

Did you have any you wanted to offer?

I think the trick with solutions is getting people to act on thier ideas, which is difficult to do when some people are not even aware there is a problem, nevermind the need for a solution, as pointed out by several members in this thread.

I think your idea of having solutions needs no individual forum and if you look you might find that you are many many solutions and ideas which have been posted over the years in just about every forum that covers a topic which may require such an idea.

This is also a good example of the issue at hand...occams razor so to speak.
Unfortunately the simplest of solutions to the issue here have been continuosly ignored and avoided.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I recommend a book called "Capitalist Realism" by Mark Fisher. There is a lot of sentiment contained in this thread in that book. For a lighter but equally subversive fictional text try "Fear Attraction" by Mark Hume.

I really enjoyed the NYT article but it both worried and excited me.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
OP, you my friend, found a great article to chew on! I have to agree with what the author of that New York Times OP-ED had to say. As for economist, Paul Krugman's, comments as another poster made mention of? It seems he is one that is toeing the line about how great the economy is and shirking the dire consequences ahead? Everyone seems to be an ostrich with their heads in the sand? Bring this stuff up to anyone, and expect to get lambasted and ridiculed. Nobody cares!

They got their social issues to banter back and forth about, sitcoms, tabloid journalism, voodoo stock reports and economic data, and a whole bunch of happy elixirs to get drunk off of. There is a freight train coming, and this time it is going to hit us. We may have been able to get some borrowed time after the Crash of 2008, but the problem was never dealt with properly. Little to no economic reforms, practically no spending cuts, years without a Federal Budget, trillion dollar delusion in the form of Obamacare, seemingly no reform or reorganization to entitlement programs, a reduction to the credit rating, and quite a few other less than stellar economic decisions by the Federal Government.

I just see that gargantuan deficit staring me in the face, but others turn a blind-eye to it. We are talking about trillions upon trillions of dollars slowly eating away at our future prosperity, and our national security. Then we got the warning shots coming over the bow with the likes of Greece, and the emerging banking crisis in Cyprus, but again people turn a blind-eye. We got the snake oil salesmen and women in the lamestream media parading the tired and sorry line of economic recovery with stocks spiralling upward, unemployment numbers dropping at snail's crawl, and so on and so forth. Yet, as some have already mentioned we have abandoned store-fronts, people are still getting tossed out on the street, hopeless job opportunities, stagnant GDP growth, and no Federal Budget. So what is the straight story? Or are we getting some more of that so-called smoking mirrors? We have been talking about this for years on here, and it is not a matter of if but when. Can't keep robbing Peter to pay Paul! Or as that Marine Corp officer said in "Full Metal Jacket," "It is a big excrement sandwich, and we are all going to have to take a bite." I see no way out of this, but to try and endure the hell that is to follow.
edit on 2-4-2013 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilky

There is only one thing left for america to do now, and does anybody know what that is? Start one hell of a big war.

Yup, kinda makes you wonder about North Korea and their saber rattling. I'm figuring on a big flashy false flag to start things off.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
One of the things I find rather puzzling about this thread is the fact that it has 19 flags at this point, but only 8 participants so far. This is a huge issue, regardless of whether you buy the argument or not. I guess this is emblematic of the general population, namely most people ignore the issue and hope it will go away, rather than be proactive concerning their future. Oh well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised. They can back to their "reality" and fantasy shows. The real world is a little too scary for many, I guess.

Oh, the real world would be even scarier if the media did their jobs and printed the truth instead of being the presidents cheer leaders. And I can't disagree with you that this is a huge issue and it scares the (bleep) out of me at the cliff we're heading for and our leaders (I use that term very loosely) telling us that there's no problem.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

less regulation of the banks, not more legislation. No more bailouts, no more "to big to fail" bs, if they fail then that is the process of the free market, and tying the "invisible hand" behind the governments back obviously hasnt helped.

This is what the FDIC plan is about, that trillium posted.
When this happens, it will not hit the month-to-month working people who are not in Wall Street. The plan, devised by the Bank of England and the FDIC jointly, addresses specific solutions to how to dismantle the hugest banks when they fail - by a single point of entry top-tier intervention. The aim is to keep the infrastructure going, so that critical services and daily systemic transactions can occur as usual,

BUT MEANWHILE - the senior managament of the failed entities will be immediately removed as well as boards of directors AND HELD ACCOUNTABLE, their assets/liabilities are at risk, along with their top shareholders - not us little guys. It shouldn't affect us at all, and even the major banks that are being taken over for complete restructuring will still operate their subsidiaries as usual.

The strategy is supposed to have begun already, the first half of this year is the deadline for part one of the plan being set up - and the end of the year for ACTION.

The main point of their strategy is that TAXPAYERS WILL NOT TAKE THE BURDEN. It is the the culpable management and the filthy rich who have used the filthy system to get that way that will finally pay. There will be no tax-payer bailout at all - the shareholders and entities that house them will take the fall.

It should actually make things better, and while I'm no economist (I've been trying to learn about it for 2 years now), I think people who keep shouting that "the government is too big", and "keep the government out of it", are missing the entire point. It isn't about the GOVERNMENT spending, or regulation. Too little regulation was what resulted in the insolvency of Wall Street. It's not REAL - it's unsecured digits and mathematics that, in the end, mean NOTHING. Just paper. So, they want to get rid of the meaningless "fiat equity" by writing it down to actual ASSETS that are liquid, thus getting rid of the "investment profit" which doesn't really exist.

You guys really should read the post trillium added on page 1 - this is being handled outside of the government, by the FDIC and the Bank of England, JOINTLY, and the government had nothing to do with it except for the justice system holding responsible the culprits - really holding them accountable, and stripping them of their wealth AND their jobs - and replacing them, while having "bridge banks" continue day-to-day operations while the top level parent companies are gutted, autopsied, and then rebuilt.

It's okay, and it will BE OKAY - as long as you're not Jamie Dimon or a huge Wall Street player earning $3000.00/hour in a fake gambling casino with numbers on your "screen" that really mean NOTHING.

Please, guys, stop with the partisan mudslinging. We are talking here about CRIMINAL RACKETEERING and shady bank dealings - NOT THE GOVERNMENT in this situation, not Dems or Libs, not Fox vs MSNBC. We're talking about STOPPING THE CRIME by stopping the criminals and declaring that The Emperor Has No Clothes once and for all.

I'm actually optimistic about it!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

What he's really saying but just won't come out and say it is that we need more legislative involvement in the economy but it just needs to be the right kind.

EXACTLY that Cuervo.
The right kind of oversight and implementation of REAL accountability to be put where it belongs - by the wealthiest.
edit on 2-4-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The worst thing would be some kind of dictatorship, mass arresting, mass killings, abolishing of all civil rights... I realy don't want that to you. Economic colapse is bad thing. That, neither.
Liberty means to have political independence, too, that is so everywhere.
Freedom is to have both, liberty and civil rights.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RadicalRebel
reply to post by lbndhr

wish i had the money to buy land...
my family thinks i am crazy for my "stockpiles" but i am sure when they are still wiping thier a$$e$ they wont feel the same way...my nephew calls me the "T-P king" and keeps telling me that im gonna be able to make a fortune if/when the SHTF

Where i live there are a few acres still available, there are 15 fulltime residents and 10 seasonale residents. Between us and the small city is a lake with a 2 mile bridge to the rast, to the west and north are large rivers with a bridge crossing them to the south is a few miles of desert then the othetside of the lake, im surrounded by water and bridges. Bridges you know how they get weak and can fall? Texas is the place to be.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Yes i had started to read it when it was posted but didnt get to finish it till now.
While i will agree with the basis presented there are still some questionable attributes, for example not all shareholders in these corporations should be held accountable, some (if not most) are most likely people like you and i who utilize thier investment earnings to provide for thier families. I am also willing to bet that none of them are the investors playing in the "casinos".

I will express my concern on the US side of the plan which relies on the involvment and oversight of the federal reserve (paragraph 40). The fed is the core of my economic concerns and the primary source of funds being added to our national debt, giving them oversight of these g-sifi's seems like a conflict of intrest to me.

I am also no economist so i guess its a wait and see scenario which i dont like at all...i suppose just implimenting a plan like this might dissuade some from making shady bank deals and phony investments in the first place and give the CEO's of these parent organizations more reason to keep thier eyes open to such dealings...wondering now if this doesnt have anything to do with the rash of resignations we have seen in the past?
Just wish i could share in your optimism.

edit on 2-4-2013 by RadicalRebel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join