It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a genuine question for the religious guys on ATS

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

Originally posted by slugger9787
reply to post by truejew

There was a t-shirt being advertised which had the caption imprinted upon it
"I can explain it to you, I can not understand it for you."

Matthew 16:16-17 (KJV)
16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. 17And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar–jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Trinitarians do not have the revelation that Jesus is the Son of the living God. They teach the Son of God had no beginning, therefore He is not really the Son of God to them.

I can not give the revelation to them, but I will not stand by and allow them to deceive those who have.

I've never in my life heard a Christian say that Jesus isn't the Son of God. Muslims believe this.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
A TRUE jew would be able to answer this

Ba daht Ha hazereem ba aretz ken or lo. b'vakashah tagid ba ivrit foneti

If you can't read hebrew you can't read the torah
If you were a true jew you'd know that you can't read the torah in a linear fashion it must be read in depth with understanding of every connotation of every word.
You might want to go your rabbi and discuss that
Cody

edit on 9/4/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/4/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

Speaking Hebrew does not save a person.

Why would I have a rabbi when Jesus spoke against rabbi's

Huh? He WAS a rabbi, his disciples addressed Him numerous times as "rabbi" or "rabboni".

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by truejew

He wasn't the eternal Son of God who became Man?

No. He was the eternal Father manifest in the flesh and humbled as a man.

Jesus isn't God?

His Spirit is God. His flesh is not.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Jesus isn't God?

So if the Father manifested in the flesh, who was Jesus praying to?

Again, if His Spirit was God the Father and His flesh human then who was speaking at His baptism?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Huh? He WAS a rabbi, his disciples addressed Him numerous times as "rabbi" or "rabboni".

Jesus is the only exception, since He was God in flesh.

Matthew 23:8 (KJV)
8But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.
edit on 9-4-2013 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Does she reject the King of the Jews, Jesus Christ?

As a man? No
As the messiah? Yes

The Bible has been translated into other languages.

The bible ?
What does the new testament have to do with judaism ?

I once watched a rabbi tie a guy up in verbal knots. When he got bored he said this

"If you ask me a question I can make you look clever for making a valid point. If you insist on making incorrect statements I have no choice but to make you look like an idiot"

Cody

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Jesus isn't God?

Again, if His Spirit was God the Father and His flesh human then who was speaking at His baptism?

The Father.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

As a man? No
As the messiah? Yes

Then I do know what I was talking about. As your ex-wife is your ex-wife, her "Judaism" is God's ex-wife.

The bible ?
What does the new testament have to do with judaism ?

Both the Old Testament and New Testament are followed by those who are truly Jewish.

I once watched a rabbi tie a guy up in verbal knots. When he got bored he said this

"If you ask me a question I can make you look clever for making a valid point. If you insist on making incorrect statements I have no choice but to make you look like an idiot"

Proverbs 16:18-19 (KJV)
18Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. 19Better it is to be of an humble spirit with the lowly, than to divide the spoil with the proud.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
What does religion have to do with the divine? God either GAVE us the Universe, or IT is the Universe. Man gave us 'religion' and we haven't stopped killing each other since. I went to Catholic school for 8 years, and that's were I got my first two concussions! I don't hold it against the nuns, the priests the church or God. I grew up with a bunch of pretty rowdy kids, and all I know it was 'us' against 'them'. I am what people call a POP now, plain, old Pagan. I am now content in the knowledge, that if you believe, and that's all that's really required, you come to the conclusion that if there is something 'divine' at the root of the Cosmos, it doesn't need to leave post-it notes.
Biggest thing on the religious calendar when I was growing up? Confirmation! The guy handing out the slaps used to make it look like a 'Rocky' movie! The guy that went before me got slapped so hard, his nose didn't stop bleeding for about an hour! Totally awesome! It was like being at an NHL game!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Jesus isn't God?

The Father.

In heaven? So the Father, who was Jesus's Spirit as you say, left His body at the baptism, went to Heaven and spoke out so many present heard it? Was Jesus inanimate flesh at that point? Every time Jesus prayed did His divinity leave Him? What about in the garden when the Father spoke and Peter heard it?

edit on 10-4-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

God is omnipresent.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

God is omnipresent.

No one said He wasn't, I didn't ask that.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

God is omnipresent.

In your previous post, you made it sound like God could not be in Christ and in heaven at the same time.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

God is omnipresent.

In your previous post, you made it sound like God could not be in Christ and in heaven at the same time.

No, I said who's voice spoke from heaven at Christ's baptism? Who was Christ praying to?

Himself?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

God is omnipresent.

No, I said who's voice spoke from heaven at Christ's baptism? Who was Christ praying to?

Himself?

Christ, a man, was praying to God the Father. It was the Father's voice from heaven.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Ahhh. So you believe a man became God? At what point did Jesus become God in your opinion?

And I know it was the Father's voice from heaven.

edit on 11-4-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Ahhh. So you believe a man became God? At what point did Jesus become God in your opinion?

The Spirit of Christ was always God. He humbled Himself to be a man.

Philippians 2:5-8 (KJV)
5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

We don't argue the God incarnated in the flesh. Will you focus?

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

We don't argue the God incarnated in the flesh. Will you focus?

You do not argue against God incarnated in the flesh, but you seem to not understand that the Spirit of God in the flesh humbled Himself as a man.

I am focused on answering your questions with truth, not on giving you the answers you think I should give.

We do not need to use man made, pagan doctrines to explain the Bible's distinction between Father and Son of God when the answer is already there in Philippians.
edit on 12-4-2013 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Wow.

While that was an entertaining discussion, allow me to put this back on the rails.

I do not celebrate either holiday, and I feel the rampant commercialization of both is perverse beyond measure.

I do, however, enjoy my own personal relationship with our creator, away from the judgmental and prying eyes of those who are not satisfied with the joy of sharing in worship with another fellow believer and instead use the opportunity to nit-pick over petty customs & traditions or simply the manner of dress or appearance.

It pains me to do this since I feel I have a lot to share with others and vice-versa, yet when things like this happen all the time, I don't see any rebuking going on as Christ is well known to have done so maybe I don't have so much to learn there after all.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join