It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The greatest unanswered question...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Hi guys.. This is the first thread i've written on ATS, i've been a reader for years, and made an account a while ago to comment on a post.. i forget the subject matter now.

So onto the greatest unanswered question... many will say it is 'are we alone?' While this subject fascinates me i'd rather know the answer to the question 'Where did we come from?'

Now i'm not talking Earthlings.. Humans.. Dinosaurs.. i'm talking about everything you see around you.. Everything in the deepest reaches of the universe.

I don't believe in god for starters. although i respect those who do it just doesnt add up for me. i much prefer to deal in science and fact, but what i always stumble with when i'm thinking about the begining of everything is where all the material came from.. Surely.. SURELY something had to have put it there?? the very atoms and particles that make up everything we know.. they didn't just appear from nothing did they?

The way i understand it is this: if there is nothing there will continue to be nothing until something interferes with that.

So i've aleady said i dont believe in any spiritual being.. a force of good.. a god. what i'm left with doesn't bode particularly well with me either - Everything we know and see must have been put here by someone.. that must have been done for a reason, if thats the case.. does that make our whole universe, our whole existence some sort of big (or small) experiment.

Then there's the 'people' conducting the experiment.. where did they come from??

I could go on for hours and waste my whole day pondering lol

But in a nutshell: Was there once nothing at all in the universe? Has all the matter we see always been in existence? was there a start? what triggered it? who caused that? Aaaarrrggghhhh!!

Your thoughts??

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Unfortunately over the last 500 years science and metaphysics have diverged to the extent that one cannot be considered relevant without the other being proven false. Technology can only answer some of our questions, to gain any kind of enlightenment as to how the multiverse truly functions requires both ideologies to be embraced.

And therein lies the problem!

We are conditioned from birth to embrace the scientific prowess of our civilisation and disregard what we cannot quantifi or understand! Our Science, technology and even mathematics are flawed, therefore cannot answer our important questions. Essentially because we are not using all the tools in the box!
edit on 31-3-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
My answer and the answer of a growing number of physicists would be: quantum fluctuations.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by theblain

Explanation: S&F!

All sets must self assess to maintain their integrity as a set and that also includes any nullset.

Quantum Mechanics tells us that when anything observes it automatically collapses the infinite wave function down to a single realized instant of existence.

General Relativity tells us that observer is always at the center of that automatic creation.

Descartes philosophy tells us that we can only prove that "I AM" and only to our ownselves! [note: God is self causal ok]

And LOGIC shows us that ^^^ all of that is possible through a simple INVERSION aka NOT function.

0% NOT = 100%

Personal Disclosure: I hope that helps!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
You make the assumption that time exists

I always thought every possible action and reaction to anything and everything must happen, for want of a better word instantaneously.

We just choose to move through the variables at various points to remember certain things using time as a marker.

If you make the assumption that time is our way of understanding then so be it. Step out of that idea for a moment put aside assumptions.

Where did we come from ? We didn't we just are
Where will we go ? We are already there experiencing through the variables
What is the point ? To remember the above
How do we understand ? Love
What does it matter ? It doesn't

When you look in the mirror do you smile to yourself a little smile of knowing ?
If not ctrl alt delete

Look again is that smile there now ?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
i wonder if somewhere there are beings who answer all these questiong easily

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

"But in a nutshell: Was there once nothing at all in the universe? Has all the matter we see always been in existence? was there a start? what triggered it? who caused that? Aaaarrrggghhhh!!"

Don't work under the assumption that time is liner, once you accept that time is circular understanding what came first, the chicken or the egg is irrelevant.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

The way I see it op is this...

There was first spirit and nothing "matter"ed. There was a void.

In so filling this void, the spirit moved and with this moving, time began outside the spirit.

A thought arose in spirit of matter and or form, and so it was in an instant.

"I Am" became all that it wanted to be in the experience of matter and or form.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Basically this line of thinking comes close to my most desired question to be answered - and that is 'what is the meaning of life'.

I came to the conclusion, that life has no meaning. There is NO meaning to life, there is no meaning to anything, and if there is no meaning, that means that anything is possible, we make what we will.

"Where do we come from" being answered to me is simply answering a history question, more importantly, is "Where are we going" - now that fascinates me!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Read the book " Life, the universe and everything" It is probably as close to the truth as anything anybody can come up with. Fun read too!

So long and thanks for all the fish!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

"what is the meaning of life"

That question is not as hard to answer as you may think, the meaning of life is to experience so your Soul can gain perspective and attain balance, and thus return to the Godhead.

This is why we call it the journey of life!

My above answer is also the only logical way to explain true evil on this world.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to [url= by Im a Marty[/url]

"what is the meaning of life"

That question is not as hard to answer as you may think, the meaning of life is to experience so your Soul can gain perspective and attain balance, and thus return to the Godhead.

This is why we call it the journey of life!

My above answer is also the only logical way to explain true evil on this world.

We give our lives meaning, who/what else could?

Why complicate the answer with supernatural/magical elements?

And there's also no such thing as 'true evil', only evil acts.

Happy Spring Equinox!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Surely.. SURELY something had to have put it there??

I disagree. The statement should read, Surely, SURELY, there could never have been a state of Absolute Nothing. So, by default there always had to have been something.

If we traveled back in time to before the supposed big bang, we could not go back far enough to see a space with nothing in it. If there is space, then something is filling that space. The only way to make it nothing is to completely collapse the space by removing everything in it, which is impossible. Just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

So you don't believe you have a Soul? That's ok science has conditioned you to think that way.

Tell me this then, why does a Human body lose 21 grams in weight just after death? There is our Soul right there continuing its journey.

en.wikipedia.org...(doctor)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Gravity bends or warps space and time, does it not? If your answer is yes....

How does it do that?

How does gravitational time dilation work?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Surely, SURELY, there could never have been a state of Absolute Nothing. So, by default there always had to have been something.

If it's true that some sort of energy has always existed through eternity then by logical deduction it's a given that some sort of omnipresent God does exist. In my mind the concept of something existing without having a clear reason why it exists in the first place is a gross violation of pure logic. Just because you can't grasp the concept of nothing doesn't mean such a state cannot exist. And I know you're going to say something like "but nothing is still something and therefore not nothing", but that's not true because the logic of that argument is flawed also.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

That's a modern myth.

And...do you really think a soul can be weighed?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

"Where do we come from" being answered to me is simply answering a history question, more importantly, is "Where are we going" - now that fascinates me!

Consider that the answer to both of those questions may be the same.

Did I blow your mind?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by jiggerj

Gravity bends or warps space and time, does it not? If your answer is yes....

How does it do that?

How does gravitational time dilation work?

Sorry, I don't see the connection to my response (which was just my opinion, mind you). All I can say is that everything you mention works and relies on matter, or at least works on something that is there.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

"That's a modern myth.

And...do you really think a soul can be weighed?"

Why not the ancient Egyptians believed just that!

Do you really believe we can measure anything with any real precision? Its all about perspective!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join