It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

know thy enemy or so you presume.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
One of the more recent wave of threads is about North Korea. One of the things I started to notice was

You don't know him
So if we are gonna start attacking NK, you might wanna know who exactly this man is. ( well boy ).

Kim Jong-un
en.wikipedia.org...
born 8 January 1983 or 1984 is the supreme leader of North Korea, the son of Kim Jong-il and the grandson of Kim Il
He obtained two degrees, one in physics at Kim Il-sung University and another at the Kim Il-sung Military University.

he mastered the language German, at least the basics and English.

In his early life it is presumed and mostly true ( compelling evidence etc ) that he went to school in Switserland.
His early life comes from defectors and people who have claimed to witness him in countries like Switzerland. there has been some consensus on information about his early life. North Korean authorities have stated that his birthdate is January 8, 1982, but outside speculation by analysts and observers believe his birthdate to be around 1983 or early 1984.

he went to school in Switzerland near Bern.
he attended the private English-language "International School" in Gümligen near Bern under the name "Chol-pak".
He was described as shy, a good student who got along well with his classmates and was a basketball fan.
Later it was reported that Kim Jong-un attended the public school "Liebefeld Steinhölzli" in Köniz near Bern.
He was described as a well-integrated and ambitious student who liked to play basketball. However, his grades and attendance rating are reported to have been poor.

According to some reports, Jong-un was described by classmates as a shy child who was awkward with girls, indifferent to political issues but distinguished himself in sports, and had a fascination with the American National Basketball Association and Michael Jordan.
One friend claimed that he had been shown pictures of Pak-un with Kobe Bryant and Toni Kukoč taken at an unknown location.

From an article
www.welt.de...

He had a good sense of humor and got along well with everybody - even with the students from countries that were or are still enemies of North Korea.

Chol Pak also joined the soccer team together with several Americans and was taught how to play basketball by an Israeli. He even spent a lot of time with a South Korean. I guess the reason for that was that the South Korean was very good at drawing comics. Chol Pak loved comics, especially Japanese mangas.

It seems he loved movies from Arnold Schwarzenegger

This is all info from when he was young, this does tell something from him as a person. It seems the one thing he loves is the one thing his dad hated. The USA.

He has big shoes to fill.

Well I'm not saying his a saint, i'm just saying, so far he hasn't done anything. And when your talking about anything make sure you know who or what your talking about.

Hope you enjoyed the read.

edit on 30-3-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
In some ways he reminds me of a child King of old surrounded by bad advisers.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

TY! That's kinda what I was hoping the general consensus would be. It like that bad uncle ( general ) you have who everyone knows his a crook, but he always brings you the nicest presents and you trust him.

Or something like that.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
As a German I really doubt that he speaks German
maybe Swiss German which is totally different from the German you speak in Germany... The grammar is different, the pronounciation and whole words.

But in linguistics it is always counted as a form of German... btw. I don't want to spam the thread, but this just came to my mind. Here you have an example

In combinations with other verbs, the verbs gah or goh "go", cho "come", la or lo "let" and aafa or aafo "begin" reduplicate, prefixed to the main verb.

example: Si chunt üse Chrischtboum cho schmücke.
literal translation: she comes our Christmas tree come decorate
translation She comes to decorate our Christmas tree.
standard German: Sie kommt unseren Christbaum schmücken.

example: Si lat ne nid la schlafe.
literal translation: she lets him not let sleep
translation: She doesn't let him sleep.
standard German: Sie lässt ihn nicht schlafen.

This is probably a generalization of a close association of these verbs with the following verb in perfect or modal verb constructions:

perfect: Si het ne nid la schlafe.
literal translation: she has him not let sleep
translation: She hasn't/didn't let him sleep.
standard German: Sie ließ ihn nicht schlafen.

modal verb: Si wot ne nid la schlafe.
literal translation: she wants him not let sleep
translation: She doesn't want to let him sleep.
standard German: Sie will ihn nicht schlafen lassen.

new topics

top topics

join