It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give a smile....My day today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Well what a beautiful sunny day i thought to myself this morning. So i grabbed my son, Put him in the car and off we went to the city. On the way there was a piece on the radio about the average person in the uk only smiles an average of 7 times a day. So that got my mind ticking!... I set myself a challenge....So i decided to smile away at random strangers, And see if they would smile back....Simple!.. So first up was a old lady with her shopping, I flashed that smile and was met back equally with a smile as i thought i would.(I always try to smile at people anyway, But this was a serious smilelathon test!). Anyway continued my journey through the mall smiling away on my secret smiley mission, Women were a sure return ticket! Smiling away back at me. The men however were a mixed bag lol. Just glad i had my son with me because im sure a few of them thought i was gay!...But to be fair the majority did smile back.. So i reckon you should smile your way around the good people of ats. It makes you feel great once you get past that little (what the hell im i doing barrier).....Anyway my day then changed again...So after we been shopping i said "you wanna go to the beach" in which he replied..Yeaaaaaa dad"..So we made the 40 min journey in the car. Parked up and headed to the beach. I was still high after my smiley antics in the city
. Then on the way i heard some loud music, I just love music and just had to take a look. Some local radio station was doing an easter roadshow.....Then it happened........This came on
.........And i love dancing. (Did the old breakdancing back in the day and the dance scene ). I just threw myself forward past the small crown of around 15 or so .....And just started to dance away!!! My son dived in with me clapping his hands and moving his body...The Dj was shouting "Oh its all going off here now" whilst laughing. Then 3 more girls joined in...it was great felt so good to just let go...And my son was loving it haha. Then we went to the beach, and ran and ran free with the wind in our faces....... Sorry for going on a bit here, But i just felt i had to tell you. Its not been great for me the last few years...But today was ours.. And it was great....So Ats stop what your doing, Grab your husband, wife, lover, brother, neighbour, dog or cat it dont matter who it is. And be spontaneous, Listen to the song i did and have a dance on me. And hopefully you will enjoy it like me and my 8 year old did.........And dont forget to smile

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Beautiful!

Smiling and laughing raises your mood, as you discovered.

S&F!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

the average person in the uk only smiles an average of 7 times a day.

Seven times a day? That's a bit excessive.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

You got me wanting to count now

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

On the plus side, this thread takes me up to one so far today.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dispo

Good im glad you smiled, As im smiling again now
Thanks mate

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Oh yes it certainly does smylee. And all because of a radio snippet...Thank you, And have a lovely easter

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
When I used to volunteer at a youth club, I pretty much did this dance every week. Never got the moves right but was fun trying. It's really easy too.

Being with young people definitely makes you laugh and smile more.
edit on 30-3-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Lol yea i know that tricky number. Wouldn't like to try that now though, id be on mi arse in no time

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I really like this idea...and when I go out today I am going to try it! It's good to spread some cheer around.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I really like this idea...and when I go out today I am going to try it! It's good to spread some cheer around.

Go and do it. Trust me you will feel better. The best things in life are free someone once said. And i cant agree more

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
What is this "smiling" that you speak of??? Is this like new-age hooey, or some kind of eastern meditation thing???

it sounds dangerous to me.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Well it can be dangerous. But you just got to take a risk now and then....Roll that dice and do it
......Then you have the dancing..

edit on 30-3-2013 by TheDoctor46 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Here you go my dear friend :

Have a great egg and bunny noshing Easter to all...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Thanks Rodinus. And the same to you my friend

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Do I have to mean it? If I do then I have already failed. I feel like that meme nowadays really. The grumpy cat, I mean I can't go through the day without seeing the sorry state of the world. I am glad though that some people are finding a way to smile. ^-^ This smirk is for y'all.

Oh and Cal, that picture almost made e smile. So perhaps not all is lost. Stay in the light my friends.
peace

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Well, this made me smile. I've done similar things.

Star and Flag.....
and

You just never know when you pass someone what they are going through, you put more light into the world, threw a pebble into the pond that sent out ripples into the universe.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

That sounds like a very lovely day. I can't watch the video yet, but I certainly will when I get a chance to hop on the laptop.
Smiling can be contagious sometimes and is always nice to see. Smiling at random people is fun. I love seeing a confused face or two but for the most part people smile back

Thanks for sharing friend!
and keep smiling!!!
Peace and love
-nat the restless cat-

Little poem I found.
'it is in loving, not in being loved
the heart finds its quest;
it is in giving, not in getting
our lives are blest' -unknown
edit on 30-3-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by DaphneApollo

Yes thats true, You never know others peoples sadness. A smile could make all the difference

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

I will keep smiling nat for sure. And thanks for the lovely poem my friend
...........Smile on...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join