It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libor claims against Bank of America, other banks dismissed

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Libor claims against Bank of America, other banks dismissed

www.charlotteobserver.com

“Regardless of whether defendants’ conduct constituted a violation of the antitrust laws, plaintiffs may not bring suit unless they have suffered an ‘antitrust injury,’ ” the judge wrote, adding that those suing did not claim such an injury. Because of that, the antitrust claims were being dismissed, the judge said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
While the drums of propaganda are beating louder and louder against law abiding gun owners, the Bankers are quietly consolidating their position as the ultimate moral authority on the planet.

The Judge in this case dismissed the claims "with prejudice" meaning the plaintiffs can not appeal.

Libor scandal happened, it's real.
People use the courts to seek justice.
We are told only banks can sue banks like this.

Oh, and in related news

WalMart Is Finally (Sort Of) a Bank
www.huffingtonpost.com...

All of this is simple to me. Very simple. The banks have been rigging the paperwork. Their message to the people is "your word has no value", and "we will tell you what is right."

And what do the Banks think is right?

Well, all the MSM propaganda is screaming about psychological profiles on people who want to exercise their civic duty and learn how to responsibly handle a firearm.

Do we possess [color=gold] banks or do [color=gold] banks possess us?

What should I do now?

Mike Grouchy

www.charlotteobserver.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 30-3-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Do not take these"World Banks" or C.E.O crooks seriously They are over greedy fat kids who think they are entitled to eat everything in site...but that's just not the case fat kids!!!,people do and will always have the right to defend their self despite what you greedy fat cheese heads think...lol Soon their funny money will no longer hold any real or true value.And the real survivors wont put up with this horse manure for much longer

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Onewhoknowsjesus

in short these banks are soon to be reformed back into employment centers

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
ORGANISE! PRPARE!
>>

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
No one REALLY thought the BIG banks would ever get more than maybe some fines that they laugh at for dollar amounts, did they? As it happens...they don't even get a minor fine. Well... Par for a crappy course, isn't it?

Even our own Justice Department just about outright said some were too big to prosecute. Well.. No.. Like I said back when that came out ..We have men in the wrong positions who are too SMALL to prosecute what they're required to by the duties of their jobs. Of course..when they're bought, paid for and treated like the family pet by the BIG banks? Who should be surprised? Corruption from top to bottom. Whew.... Stinks, doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
No one REALLY thought the BIG banks would ever get more than maybe some fines that they laugh at for dollar amounts, did they? As it happens...they don't even get a minor fine. Well... Par for a crappy course, isn't it?

Even our own Justice Department just about outright said some were too big to prosecute. Well.. No.. Like I said back when that came out ..We have men in the wrong positions who are too SMALL to prosecute what they're required to by the duties of their jobs. Of course..when they're bought, paid for and treated like the family pet by the BIG banks? Who should be surprised? Corruption from top to bottom. Whew.... Stinks, doesn't it?

Perhaps it is not that the banks are "too big" nor the persons involved "too small" to prosecute, but rather the banks/bankers have insidiously integrated themselves so tightly into the perceived fates of economies that one can't indict them without disruption of economic and financial stability. I.e., the perfect parasite: can't kill it without killing the host.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
A Canadian thinks the US is doomed, because of our banking.

Don't know if I agree,
but in the course of trying to make his point
he drops a lot of information that is not widely available.

Berwick: If you watch CNBC, if you actually pay attention to the US media,
they will tell you that "there are green shoots", or "there's is going to be a recovery."
There is no chance of that.

Interviewer: You don't think there are any signs of that?

Berwick: It's not possible. The US government is now 40% of the GDP of the US.

I don't see a propagandist,
I see someone who has done a lot of their own research.

Oh, and sorry about the Ann Rand stuff at the end.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 30-3-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The world is doomed. we sold out since the beginning of man. The bankers will always win. Everyone in the world is too retarded to take their money out of the bank. Its pretty simple to revolt in a non violent way. They want people to get pissed and revolt in a violent fashion. That's the easiest way the government knows how to handle their citizens and this is what will happen.

I feel sorry for the people who don't have gold and silver when they introduce a new currency and your federal reserve notes aren't worth a damn. As long as this world is out numbered by idiots the world will always suck and i don't see an end to the stupidity of man.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Is it just me or the world is falling apart?

North Korea, Cyprus, economies on a verge of collapse worldwide... Seriously it feels like any day now you might log in to ATS and read about another country that is approaching a financial "disaster".

Do others feel the same or am I again spending too much time on ATS lately?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Is anyone surprised by this?

Don't you realize that the bankers own governments around the world. Heck, heads of the central banks are ex-Goldman Sachs employees (some are even high ranking officials in government) So lets say the banks did get fined, pick a number of the fine. All the banks have to do is say TOO BIG TO FAIL / ECONOMIC COLLAPSE" and presto - bailout. But not happy with simple bailouts, they want the money in your account as well.

Canada / US / UK are moving fast with their Cyprus template plans.....things are moving fast. Wonder what false flag will begin the removal of money from the peoples accounts - I feel it may happen sooner then we think.

The banks are corrupt and they could care less if you know about it or not.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
if they want to destroy our cash - fine.

if the money becomes valueless than so shall the debt. fine.

the dollars in debt shall lose their value the same as those dollars in your bank account.

in other words, everything gets zeroed and we reset the game.

otherwise, let's call call this "haircut" game exactly what it is.

it is theft.

it is a criminal action.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by normal_human_being

not when it is done by the state, on behalf of the banks.

this goes way beyond "law" when they just change it to suit their purposes.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

Nice interview with Berwick and SNF for the thread

I agree with Berwick in the general sense, except the fallacy that the government is in control when in fact the FED is dictating the fiscal policy through it's voodoo Keynesian magic

He does make several good points, especially in terms of libertarianism. And, Chile is the place to go to when TSHTF. That's where I am going. No drones will be above my head there. Good economy and great people.

As for LIBOR, i guess the greedy can't even afford to lose a lawsuit even when they know that they are guilty. Off on a technicality basically. The checks and balances designed within the framework of US government is not effective when all 3 branches are puppets for their masters.

Now we have blank checks and nefarious collusion. We have a corporate controlled government heading towards facism. Luv that quote by Mussolini. LIBOR rate fixing was part of the derivative betting scheme. We might as well tie up most of our money in the NCAA tournament.

Even Wiki says that they know that they know they are guilty

The New York Federal Reserve in July 2012, released documents dating back to 2007 which showed that they were aware that banks were lying about their borrowing costs when setting Libor and chose to take no action against them at that time.[29][30] Released minutes from the Bank of England indicated similarly that the bank and its deputy governor Paul Tucker were also aware as early as November 2007 of industry concerns that the Libor rate was being underreported.[31][32] In one 2008 document a Barclays employee told a New York Fed analyst, "We know that we’re not posting an honest Libor, and yet we are doing it, because if we didn’t do it, it draws unwanted attention on ourselves."[

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Doesn't even make the Nightly News, either does the War we are fighting.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
As long as banks are run by men there will always be bad decisions made for the customers.

Look at any business where a lot of money is at stake, oil, fast food - they will always cut corner at the expense of anything that doesnt directly effect them.

Man is greedy - we like to pretend that we are evolved but in some ways we are still the selfish animal we have always been at heart.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shuye
Is it just me or the world is falling apart?

North Korea, Cyprus, economies on a verge of collapse worldwide... Seriously it feels like any day now you might log in to ATS and read about another country that is approaching a financial "disaster".

Do others feel the same or am I again spending too much time on ATS lately?

They already are. My guess is Spain or Italy will be next. I'm surprised there hasn't already been a run on the banks. Just like last time, the mess started in Europe, and ended here. Except this time it will be far worse, because they have made the problem exponentially bigger with all the borrowing and money printing.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

The judge is in with the de facto unconstitutional government. The founding fathers held slaves and precticed genocide against the Native peoples. The one of the first things they legislated was to give a 20 charter to the international Rothschild banking cartel which is a blatant violation if the US constitution. Every common working person in the US is a victim of the government's antitrust violations as well as the banker war profiteering monetary system monopolizing inbred wasted sperm of humanity that make us their beotches.

Please go to wethepeoplerule.net... and sign on to the referendum to repeal the federal reserve act.

Thank you

new topics

top topics

join