It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many People Have Been Killed by Guns(With a person behind) Since Newtown?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Don't worry US, you got plenty of guns to protect your self, so everything will be fine

I think these numbers tell's a story that most pro guns ignore.

Over 3000 gun related deaths since December in the US

Cli ck to view
edit on 30-3-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

How Many People Have Been Killed by Guns Since Newtown?

Not a single one. In fact, I cussed and slapped my old S&W 38 a few days ago... and it didn't even cock a hammer in anger.

Now, ask how many people have been killed by other people since Newtown, you might get an honest reply. You might also want to be ready and willing to accept killings by other people who used things other than a fire arm to do their dirty deeds.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
None of my guns have ever killed anyone. Animals? yes. People, no.

Why don't you show us how many people have been killed by automobiles, knives, ball bats, beatings and abortion, to make this fair.

WTF are you getting at with your thread? Guns are bad? People are bad? the US is bad? Please elaborate.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Not a single one. In fact, I cussed and slapped my old S&W 38 a few days ago... and it didn't even cock a hammer in anger.

Argh come on, don't turn this in to "Guns don't kill people, people kill people".

We all know that there is a controller behind the gun

Why don't you show us how many people have been killed by automobiles, knives, ball bats, beatings and abortion, to make this fair.

This is not about car crashes but gun related deaths.

Way to derail the thread right away....Jesus

edit on 30-3-2013 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by KawRider9
None of my guns have ever killed anyone. Animals? yes. People, no.

WTF are you getting at with your thread? Guns are bad? People are bad? the US is bad? Please elaborate.

How about texting while driving...

Medical accidents

Infections from hospital stays

alcohol poisoning...

cancer

3,000 people out of 300,000,000 is a pretty small percentage...don't you agree?

if it's about malicious intent...

How many people have been killed with knives? Or swords...or clubs...or hammers? C'mon...share all the stats and quit trying to make violence a gun only issue...

The real problem is we have a society of mentally ill people that can and will crry out violence one way or another...

edit on 3/30/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Real Time Estimate
Top 7 Causes of Death
Since 1 Jan, 2013

Cause

Annually

To Date

Tobacco:

Medical Errors: Ban Doctors and hospitals!!

Alcohol Abuse:

Vehicle Accidents:

Suicide: Guess they had enough of people trying to rule their life?

Drug Abuse: Should have broke this down in two categories legal prescribed and illegal;

Firearm Homicide: Death by cop and accidents happen but considering the amount of guns and population in America I am surprised the gang bangers and B.G.s haven't gotten the numbers a little higher. Guess Chicago and Detroit have slowed down a bit this year or the gun ban is finally working???

Mortality data from the National Vital Statistics System (NVSS) are a fundamental source of demographic, geographic, and cause-of-death information.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
How many businesses have been killed by Bankers since December.

In America do we possess [color=gold] banks, or do [color=gold] banks possess us?

Mike Grouchy

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
Don't worry US, you got plenty of guns to protect your self, so everything will be fine

I think these numbers tell's a story that most pro guns ignore.

Over 3000 gun related deaths since December in the US

Cli ck to view

None of this means anything get stats that doesn't combine every single gun related death like Suicide because more than half of those numbers are people that wanted to take there own life, if they didn't have access to a gun they would find other means also that chart includes people that were defending their own life which should be separate from these stats because despite what liberals want you to think you do have a right to defend yourself. Also if your that into stats you should break down how many gun related deaths by NRA Members and legal gun owners vs. Criminals I bet you will be shocked to see the criminals lead by a vast margin. Heck 15%-20% of those deaths are from Chicago's gang wars alone and there gun laws are one of the most restrictive in the nation, but does nothing to restrict the criminal gang members only the law abiding citizens.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Posting raw data with no context to get a desired effect is all that number does. It does not break down the context of the deaths which could range from suicide to self defense. Break down the numbers into categories as they should be and then give us the information.

The motive of this is beyond obvious.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I personally think that the animals are behind gun control. The deer and coons have moved into towns everywhere and are telepathically controlling people and making them fight against guns. Since rabbits cannot shoot a gun, they use their rabbit ears to get people to do these evil things. Look at Beezzer with those ears of his. He can steer you into thinking a different way. Little does anyone know that he is a real rabbit that has learned to type. Wrabbit is different, he is really a hare.

Look around at these mass shootings there is a bunny hiding somewhere.

Sorry for joking around about a serious subject. The squirrels running around on the three feet of snow in the yard are having an effect on me.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Note to self: Don't try to post anything that people don't like to see on ATS, you will end up looking like an idiot instead of being a messenger.

I am out of my own thread

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

I am out of my own [color=gold] thread

You misspelled the word Mind.

Or were you not interested in a discussion in the first place,
only in pouring your superior intellect onto us poor sods?

Mike Grouchy

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

How many kids have died from starvation in third world countries?

Why does Americans owning firearms scare the living piss out of people?

I'll say it one more time, none of my guns have ever killed anyone. Matter of fact, I don't know a single person(gun owner) that has killed anyone.

Stellar job on your ignorant thread. If your goal was to piss off law abiding gun owning Americans, you did a great job! I'm now going to go shoot a bunch of innocent clay pigeons. I hope you're happy!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Note to self: Don't try to post anything that people don't like to see on ATS, you will end up looking like an idiot instead of being a messenger.

Its not like we don't wanna see it and ignore the numbers, its just that its numbers all thrown into one category which should never be when your trying to push an agenda. Use the NFL for instance, instead of individual stats combine everything into team stats and you get a whole different picture, its misleading and tells nothing, "FACT"

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Look at your avatar and remind yourself of the "Wizard of Oz"

Cowardly lion come to mind?

Don't worry though, I wont shoot the messenger. Matter of fact, I don't intend to shoot anyone. I understand that's hard for you to believe. Being I own a bunch of guns and all...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Sorry you feel that way some of us were just getting warmed up....On a very serious note: If 20 people were killed by "whatever" tomorrow and 2 people were killed by a gun what would be the front page article; I ain't to sure of the answer but I would place a bet/wager it would be the 2 by guns.?

In today's climate anything to do with demonizing a firearm is the agenda of TPTB...ask yourself why...and if you finally come up with an answer that has nothing to do with guns and everything to do with control then welcome to the Constitution and our side of the fence.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Hey pal, I hear ya - but you can't go down this road. Guns aren't going anywhere in america anytime soon. But to that old, tired argument of "guns don't kill people..." - guns are killing machines, plain and simple. Can you build a house with a gun? Can you carve a turkey with a gun? Can you play games with a gun? Sure, hammers, knives and bats kill people, too, but the fact that we're purposefully building these mini killing machines and people are carrying out that very intended purpose with them should tell you that, fundamentally, guns are *not* a good thing.. some day, in a more civilized society, we'll look back on these times and say "you remember when everyone had guns and we all used to kill each other? what the hell were we thinking?"...

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by redtic
.. some day, in a more civilized society, we'll look back on these times and say "you remember when everyone had guns and we all used to kill each other? what the hell were we thinking?"...

...some day, in a more civilized society, we'll look back on these times and say "you remember when everyone used fiat currency, and everyone became poor? What the hell were we thinking?"

Don't be a useful idiot for the Bankers propaganda machine.

Just because you understand the function of arms better than the function of financial instruments
does not excuse you from being blind to the grinding poverty being inflicted on millions of people.

Don Sorensen, Online Reputation Management Expert Offers Banking Industry Advice on Rebuilding Reputation

Ignorance is no excuse.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 30-3-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by redtic

HAHAHA.

Yessir, guns are bad and all that BS you just said. Can't wait for the more civilized world that you're talking about. In the meantime, I'm gonna go shoot my bow. That's still acceptable right?

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Let us also forget to mention that overall gun deaths have been decreasing since 2005 according to your source, but that would be inconvenient to discuss huh?

Also that handguns are the highest gun deaths in the US, and it's usually gang bangers or suicide.. but more people die from knives and blunt objects than death by "assault rifle"

Death by Handgun - 6220
Death by Rifle - 323
Death by knives - 1694
Death by blunt object - 496
Death by fists/feet - 728

So like a poster above stated, you don't know the context of handgun deaths, which tend to be inner city gang related, police officers killing a criminal, or suicide by handgun(which doesn't affect you in any way)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join