It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get ready AMERICA (and England)... here comes the "haircut"!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
How about the next haircut...we give to China? Gigantic import tariffs would be about right.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

I kind of feel like they are either being very cautious or they think a big one could be about to fall. Was the JP Morgan silver shorting situation ever resolved? They are also drawing a lot of Federal attention right now....

I guess that I would like to think that smaller, more local banks (where they still exist) are safer. That they are safer both because of the types of products they have pushed and the types of investment positions that they have taken. Then, their size alone indicates that FDIC would be able to cover a smaller bank if it were an isolated situation. But the big guys....They are all overlapped in investments and if one goes it could have a very negative impact on others.

The U.S. has done a lot of stress testing so I would like to hope that things are in better shape than in 2008 but the regulations have *shifted*. The legal links have been put in place to say that FDIC doesn't apply in certain situations. And FDIC is now per person rather than per institution. So those with a lot of money are on the front lines to lose but that doesn't mean that others aren't right there with them. It also seems as if the new regulations would encourage the rich to place their money elsewhere. So, they become one of the investors in the derivatives and are better protected than Dick and Jane with 14K in the bank. And perhaps the rich -- who pay people to follow these things for them, are moving their money. They buy more stock -- market has been doing well during the same time period that these regulatory changes are phasing in to place. April 1 is the new FDIC day, it is the no physical gold from the Dutch day, and it comes hot on the heels of an holiday weekend in most of the Western world. Funny how all the big stuff hits at holidays.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Even if they only take money above $250K it doesn't matter. We didn't make those bad investments that they need to recoup from, they did. It's theft plain and simple!!! Keep those govt idiots out of the private sector with things like "The Community Reinvestment Act" that forced banks into these positions and we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher3339

I kind of feel like they are either being very cautious or they think a big one could be about to fall. Was the JP Morgan silver shorting situation ever resolved? They are also drawing a lot of Federal attention right now....

I guess that I would like to think that smaller, more local banks (where they still exist) are safer. That they are safer both because of the types of products they have pushed and the types of investment positions that they have taken. Then, their size alone indicates that FDIC would be able to cover a smaller bank if it were an isolated situation. But the big guys....They are all overlapped in investments and if one goes it could have a very negative impact on others.

The U.S. has done a lot of stress testing so I would like to hope that things are in better shape than in 2008 but the regulations have *shifted*. The legal links have been put in place to say that FDIC doesn't apply in certain situations. And FDIC is now per person rather than per institution. So those with a lot of money are on the front lines to lose but that doesn't mean that others aren't right there with them. It also seems as if the new regulations would encourage the rich to place their money elsewhere. So, they become one of the investors in the derivatives and are better protected than Dick and Jane with 14K in the bank. And perhaps the rich -- who pay people to follow these things for them, are moving their money. They buy more stock -- market has been doing well during the same time period that these regulatory changes are phasing in to place. April 1 is the new FDIC day, it is the no physical gold from the Dutch day, and it comes hot on the heels of an holiday weekend in most of the Western world. Funny how all the big stuff hits at holidays.

Good stuff... you're right about all of the crazy stuff happening after a holiday. The JPM silver shorting suit was thrown out by the crooked, bought and paid for judge.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

I agree with you about a lot of the back story. I think China is going to run with us though. I have no proof whatsoever for this but I tend to think that their "special economic zones" and our agreement to let them pretty much run rampant through Africa is the real cost of our loan. Also, they are to take our side politically with North Korea. This is just my gut feeling from current events and the way the tide of our relationship and some of their currency comments (anti dollar versus pro dollar) have evolved over time. I could totally be wrong though!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

You make some great points here. The BRICS nations are forming a bank right now to compete with the IMF... the writing is indeed on the wall

The money junkies pushed too hard and too fast to complete their age old dream of world control and since they laid their cards were on the table where they can be seen, their legitimacy (and the governments they own and control) are in tatters everywhere you look, it simply can't hold.

The BIG question is, how can the TBTF gang of thieves be toppled without chaos and violence because they aren't going to bow out gracefully. I hate being a pessimist but I just can't see it happening peacefully here like it did with the fall of the Soviet Union. At the very least we can count on them fomenting that civil war they keep promising us.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

So the BRIC's put a currency together for themselves. Europe already has that. USD will be in trouble soon with all the printing. When the dust settles this time will the world be left with maybe 4 or 5 baskets of currencies for the whole planet? Then in a generation it happens again and those currencies are eliminated for the "one world currency?" Hmmm

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

reply to post by frazzle

I agree with you about a lot of the back story. I think China is going to run with us though. I have no proof whatsoever for this but I tend to think that their "special economic zones" and our agreement to let them pretty much run rampant through Africa is the real cost of our loan. Also, they are to take our side politically with North Korea. This is just my gut feeling from current events and the way the tide of our relationship and some of their currency comments (anti dollar versus pro dollar) have evolved over time. I could totally be wrong though!

All any of us can do is speculate seeing's how none of us are flies on the wall listening to the back room discussions on any side. But I can't see China running with us on NK or the BRICS negotiations, why would they, they owe us nothing? As for Africa, we've got troops all over the place down there shooting things up and tearing apart the countryside, China invests and builds. Which makes more sense?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sasquatch5100
reply to post by frazzle

So the BRIC's put a currency together for themselves. Europe already has that. USD will be in trouble soon with all the printing. When the dust settles this time will the world be left with maybe 4 or 5 baskets of currencies for the whole planet? Then in a generation it happens again and those currencies are eliminated for the "one world currency?" Hmmm

I would first want to know if the currency being created by BRICS is based on usury and I don't know the answer that question. If not, it will be 100% better than the dollar or the euro, at least for the PEOPLE. If they stick with a privately owned central bank loaning money at interest, the new currency won't last any longer than the dollar or the euro, they are both Ponzi schemes and cannot NOT fail.

edit on 29-3-2013 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

Originally posted by sasquatch5100
reply to post by frazzle

I would first want to know if the currency being created by BRICS is based on usury and I don't know the answer that question. If not, it will be 100% better than the dollar or the euro, at least for the PEOPLE. If they stick with loaning money at interest, the new currency won't last any longer than the dollar or the euro, they are both Ponzi schemes and cannot NOT fail.

I agree they CANNOT not fail. I was just curious to your thoughts on the end result of this planned chaos. I appreciate the response.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by avatar01

buy silver

But, you can't eat silver.

I would only recommend buying silver, if you have your other ducks in a row.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

I guess I think we are getting China because the plays are moving too fast. China is holding too many dollars to go against us. 2 Years from now? I think that they might have been able to unload it by then if that was their point, but for now they are holding and owed enough dollars in a scheme that is moving so fast that I think we have their cooperation. Though, it would not at all surprise me to see it go Cold War style after that time. I have in other threads absolutely considered that China/Russia/Iran/Pakistan/and North Korea would side together. Multiple nuclear powers, tech heads, and oil and natural gas...not a hand I would like to have to play against. So, perhaps it is just optimism that makes me think some of their recent commentary sounds like a decision has been reached to not go against us --at this time.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
so the website that sells gold and silver is saying we should buy gold and silver

k

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntelRetard
This happens in almost every decade (banks going under). Check to see if your bank is FDIC insured. Even if it is you better have some money tucked away while the bank is annexed by another and the doors get reopened.
edit on 29-3-2013 by IntelRetard because: (no reason given)

There is no reason to have any faith in the FCIC insurence. It could fail. In fact they may have plans aready to "fail" it but are just braking it to us slow. Thats what Cypress looks like....a test bed.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

The FDIC is a fraud. They have $30 Billion and a $100 Billion credit line... to insure $10 TRILLION in deposits. I wonder how that will work out

So you are expecting a 100% thieving of all US deposits, by all banks, simultaneously? I find that highly unlikely as even being remotely possible.

Anyway, the point is, that the article says that UNSECURED deposits were what was at risk for being stolen, which I believe means money that is over the 250k insured limit. Which means that if you do NOT have over 250k in the bank, you are not at risk based on this specific development.

It's very possible, if any of the major banks fail, they all will fail thanks to the derivative mess. What I don't think you realize is banks are leveraged at least 30 to 1. A very small loss percentage wise can make them insolvent.

Do not feel confident about the FDIC insurance, remember the first deal in Cyprus was to take insured funds, the only reason they changed that is someone realized, that policy will wake up the masses and cause bank runs, better to screw the whales for now. Also remember the FDIC insurance used to be 100k until a few short years ago when it was raised to increase confidence. A promise to pay means nothing if the entity promising doesn't have the money or revokes the promise. That incidentally is why social security is going to disappear or be severely reduced as well.
edit on 29-3-2013 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
so the website that sells gold and silver is saying we should buy gold and silver

k

Yea and better hurry so you can get all your extra cash tied up into the thing before it drops like a rock.

Oh and by the way I think they have a gold registry for easy confiscation. Well ok they might pay you back for it but only at about 1/8 of current value. Enjoy the ride.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

whoosh

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
did cyprus get the haircut ? I thought they avoided it

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

reply to post by frazzle

I guess I think we are getting China because the plays are moving too fast. China is holding too many dollars to go against us. 2 Years from now? I think that they might have been able to unload it by then if that was their point, but for now they are holding and owed enough dollars in a scheme that is moving so fast that I think we have their cooperation. Though, it would not at all surprise me to see it go Cold War style after that time. I have in other threads absolutely considered that China/Russia/Iran/Pakistan/and North Korea would side together. Multiple nuclear powers, tech heads, and oil and natural gas...not a hand I would like to have to play against. So, perhaps it is just optimism that makes me think some of their recent commentary sounds like a decision has been reached to not go against us --at this time.

China knows that the US Fed is currently printing (digitizing) 85 billion dollars a month out of thin air, on top of all the QE's that came before. The Chinese and everyone else probably knows what all those zeros do to the value of the US dollars they're holding. Staying in that game is like raising on a busted flush. On Iraq's oil, however, China came out with the winning hand. Again. Its like the US is playing checkers while China is playing chess. (sorry, that didn't come out quite right. :@@

But I have nothing in particular against a healthy dose of optimism and my own is based on the fact that WE have been holding a busted flush for a long time and there's a chance that we could get dealt better cards if we changed our game plan. Either way, the status quo is a total failure.

edit on 29-3-2013 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

So you are expecting a 100% thieving of all US deposits, by all banks, simultaneously? I find that highly unlikely as even being remotely possible.

You are right. That is such an extremely unlikely scenario that it doesn't need worrying about.

However, if the haircut given to the wealthy depositors is not sufficient to bail the banks in, deposits under the insurance limit too may receive a cut (a percentage, not the whole) if the FDIC doesn't have the resources to cover the shortfall, which we know it doesn't.

Anyway, the point is, that the article says that UNSECURED deposits were what was at risk for being stolen, which I believe means money that is over the 250k insured limit. Which means that if you do NOT have over 250k in the bank, you are not at risk based on this specific development.

Right again. However, insured would mean secured only as long as the insurer is solvent enough to cover any potential losses. FDIC is not solvent enough to cover the deposits in the "too big to fail" banks.

Perhaps the banks should be allowed to fail, but that would mean the FDIC itself going belly-up since it can't cover all the insured deposits, which would require the government or the FED bailing the FDIC out by generating more cash effectively penalising everyone in the process. A haircut only for the depositors of the failing banks would limit the penalty to them instead of spreading it to everyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join