It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the End of the Month the End of the World?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Maybe, maybe not but here are some interesting numerological markers:

First, let's look at the dates as compared to the "Mayan End Date"

12/21/12
3/31/13

Both have mirrored numbers, both have doube numbers apparent (22, 33), and looking at the month, 1+2=3, both months break down to the same root number, 3.

Additionally:

It is exactly 100 days from December 21st, 2012
It is exacly 11 days from the Spring Equinox of March 20th
It is 18 days from the announcement of the new pope (a 9 base number) on 3/13
It is 31 days from the May 1 Beltane Holiday (a mirrored 13)

Any other correspondances?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
It's also my birthday and the ATS community is killing me lol

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

It will be April fools day on the 1st also. I'm not saying your a fool but I could for a few others

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
It is exactly 3 posts from the 1(st) post I read here ?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Oh, not again.

I doubt the world will be ending anytime soon.

Some of you all really to get out and enjoy the nice day out there.

edit on 29-3-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

12/21/12
3/31/13
------------- plus
15/52/25

3/31/13
12/21/12
-----------------minus
0.9/ 10/ 1
10 plus 1 ... 11

edit on 29-3-2013 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
21/12/2012

31/3/2013

The 2 ^ messes it all up. I think we have to wait until
31/3/3013

Lots of time left.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I hope not.

Because if I don't come into work on Monday because of the end of the world, I'm going to get written up.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I suppose if you want to use the US method (MDY = Month, Day, Year) for writing dates (used by about 310 million people, including those in Belize and also in US dependencies) then you can make those deductions, but if we're talking about the end of the world then it's not a US-centric. For example, shouldn't we also consider the large parts of the world who use DMY (used by about 3200 million)?

Are you still able to derive the same results with mirrored numbers and so on?

But in any case, wouldn't it be better to do date analysis on the basis of the dating system used by almost half the world's population, rather than one used by somewhere around 5% of it?

Then there's China and some other countries (totalling about 1500 million), who use YMD. That's a significant number of people as well.

Please appreciate that I'm not criticizing the essence of what you are trying to do!
Rather, I'm just wondering about the relative value of focusing on a single system of dating for such analysis when there are several, and the US method is the least common among those used where countries or regions only have one system as a standard. (Some use more than one.)

What I'm wondering is this: if you did an analysis of the three main systems (as mentioned above), could it possibly be beneficial in trying to discern any commonalities? I mean this in all seriousness. Sometimes looking at the matter from various, alternative perspectives can bring new insights to the subject as a whole.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

21/12/2012

31/3/2013

The 2 ^ messes it all up. I think we have to wait until
31/3/3013

Generally I would agree. Largely people don't factor in the 20 (or 19 or whatever) when looking at years, just using the last 2 digits, which isn't accurate.

In this case though, in the case of 2012, it adds another 2 into what is almost entirely 2's and 1's. Which leads to more double numbers and mirrored numbers depending on the system (see my next post).

And, in the case of 2013 it does kind of screw up the pattern.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

No offense taken. I am always open to the posts that offer a different point of view as opposed to th one's just mocking the whole idea in general.

Interesting point, let's look at that (with the 20 taken out as well)

3/31/2013 3/31/13
31/3/2013 31/3/13
2013/3/31 13/3/31

12/21/2012 12/21/12
21/12/2012 21/12/12
2012/12/21 12/12/21

By their nature, the same rules apply and similar things show up

edit on 29-3-2013 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthBlizzard
It's also my birthday and the ATS community is killing me lol

Sometimes I wish I was born on April Fool's Day instead of Mayan Prophecy For Real This Time Day.

Extra
for our birthday being on Easter this year though ^_^
edit on 29-3-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Is the End of the Month the End of the World?

Yes! If we keep posting this every month for the next five billion years, ONE of these times it's going to be right!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Last occurance of 3/31/13 was in 1913.
3/31/1913 was the day JP Morgan died, at age 75

John Pierpont "J. P." Morgan (April 17, 1837 – March 31, 1913) was an American financier, banker, philanthropist and art collector who dominated corporate finance and industrial consolidation during his time

Perhaps 3/31/2013 will be the end of the Federal Reserve.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I honestly hope the largest possible asteroid slams into the earth killing everything making this steaming pile of [snipped] uninhabitable.

edit on Sat Mar 30 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Observationalist

Perhaps 3/31/2013 will be the end of the Federal Reserve.

Oooh, I like that. Interesting bit about JP, I didn't even think of looking in that direction. I wonder if there is anything else interesting that happened that day. I looked but couldn't find anything else.

But, here are some other interesting things about 3/31 (minus the year)

It is the 90th day of the year.
It's the day after Reagan was shot in 1981
The funeral of Queen Mary in 1953
23-year-old Singer Selena was shot in 1995

Interestingly, It was the day in 1976 that The New Jersey Supreme Court ruled that coma patient Karen Anne Quinlan could be disconnected from her respirator. (Quinlan remained comatose and died in 1985, which is 9 years later)

And then, 29 years later (2+9= 11) it was also the same day Terri Schiavo died at a hospice in Pinellas Park, Fla., 13 days after her feeding tube was removed in a wrenching right-to-die dispute.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Here's some other interesting correspondences:

It is on Easter Sunday this year.
It is 20 days from 3/11 anniversary (20 has been showing up a lot lately)
It is 6 days into Passover.
108 days from Sandy Hook.

Here's where it get's really interesting. Ever wonder about why April Fools Day?
It turn's out the oft repeated calendar change theory is only partially correct but...

Most regions in France had been using Easter as the start of the year since at least the fourteenth century. This caused particular confusion since the date of Easter was tied to the lunar cycle and changed from one year to the next....However, the French used Easter as the start of the year primarily for legal and administrative purposes. January 1, following the Roman custom, was widely regarded as the traditional start of the year, and it was the day when people exchanged gifts.

In 1563 King Charles IX decreed January 1 to be the first day of the year, thus aligning legal convention with what had become the popular practice. His edict was passed into law by the French Parliament on Dec. 22, 1564.

The calendar-change hypothesis is more plausible if applied to Britain, because it was the British, not the French, who observed New Year's Day on March 25 (the date of the christian Feast of Annunciation), followed by a week of festivities culminating on April 1. In fact, the earliest version of the calendar-change hypothesis to be found in print, dating from 1766, does place the argument in a British context. A correspondent to the Gentleman's Magazine in April 1766 wrote:

The strange custom prevalent throughout this kingdom, of people making fools of one another upon the first of April, arose from the year formerly beginning, as to some purpose, and in some respects, on the twenty-fifth of March, which was supposed to be the incarnation of our Lord; it being customary with the Romans, as well as with us, to hold a festival, attended by an octave, at the commencement of the new year -- which festival lasted for eight days, whereof the first and last were the principal; therefore the first of April is the octave of the twenty-fifth of March, and, consequently, the close or ending of the feast, which was both the festival of the Annunciation and the beginning of the new year.

www.museumofhoaxes.com...

Dec 22? The day after Dec 21st? New Year?

March 31st is also the Festival of Luna.

A festival in Her honor was held on March 31st. In Her temple on Aventine Hill in Rome, the cover was removed from the labyrinth passage to the Underworld, to allow the spirits of the dead to roam free. The temple was destroyed by the Great Fire of Rome in the year 64 C.E.

reclaimingthedarkgoddess.blogspot.com...

Mmm..opening the gates of the Underworld doesn't sound so good:

A ritual calendar source says of the Festival of Luna (or Diana/Artemis-Bohemian Grove and Sandy Hook Owls anyone?): Diana had 3 forms: Luna in Heaven, Diana on Earth, and Hecate in the Underworld. Diana was often called Diana Lucifera, Diana, the Bringer of Light.

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Even if it is,who cares? 1/1/2000, 12/21/2012, 3/21/13 and now 3/31/13? Not really into fear that much.

Fear is the mind killer -Moadib

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Maybe instead of fear mongering and worrying about what could happen we should focus on here and now. Even if the world ends what can you do to stop it? So rather than sit in a cave with yer foil cap on enjoy life for whats it worth. What if NK starts a war...so what we can stop that chubby lil bastard, what if there is a CME from the sun...oh crap....what can you o...nothing...hell i invite the opportunity to go back into the dark ages. At least criminals and nutty lords got what they deserved. No one crying about geneva laws and the such. LIVE YER LIFE ENJOY IT!!!

posted on Mar, 30 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Oh my God OP you're right.

I've never bought in to these doomsday theories before, but I've quadruple checked your math and I'm declaring 1/4/13 to be the end of the world, without a shadow of a doubt.

I am moving my TEACON fridge meter to TEACON1. I will be packing my rice and teabags in to my shed bunker ASAP, then quietly slipping away from civilisation on the 31st. If the missus doesn't notice my absence or the TEACON reading, it'll be her loss.

I only have space for one DVD boxset after I load up on rice and tea in my shed though, should I take Porridge or The Thick of It?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join