It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Punk Zombies Are Watching You!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Boston Punk Zombies Are Watching You!

www. slate.com

A recently passed nuisance control ordinance has spurred a citywide crackdown on house shows—concerts played in private homes, rather than in clubs. The police, it appears, are taking a particularly modern approach to address the issue: They're posing as music fans online to ferret out intel on where these DIY shows are going to take place. While police departments have been using social media to investigate for years, its use in such seemingly trivial crimes would be rather chilling, if these efforts didn’t seem so laughably inept. It's a law enforcement technique seemingly cribbed from
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
HAHA. Sorry,I can't help but to find this extremely hysterical. I mean the best username the PD could come up with for this phony account was 'Boston Punk Zombie'

another Snip from the article:

"Too bad you were not here this weekend,” “Joe Sly” wrote. “Patty's day is a mad house I am still pissing green beer. The cops do break balls something wicked here. What's the address for Saturday Night, love DIY concerts.” He might as well have written “Just got an 8 ball of beer and I’m ready to party.”

I mean, I would be annoyed too if I lived next to a house that emitted loud noises at night.

But what do you guys think about this? Other than the cops are good comedians.

www. slate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lightdude

I think it's ridiculous for the police to waste time and resources on what amounts to a possible noise violation. If a house party/concert becomes so loud or boisterous as to annoy people I'm sure one of the neighbors will call in to report a complaint and they can deal with it then. Until such time the police should expend their energies fighting REAL crime.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I've been going to house shows for YEARS.

If the home owner is responsible, they obey any/all city ordinances.

WHAT A JOKE. Hate the fun police.

top topics

join