It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CANADA: What are the odds of "rolling up the rim to win" at Tim Hortons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

What are the odds of rolling up the rim to win at Tim Hortons?

ca.news.yahoo.com...

According to Tim Hortons, the odds of winning a coffee of donut are one in six and the odds of winning the a car are about one in 6.5 million.

According to the company's website, the total number of Toyota RAV 4's won to date is 20 out of a possible 40.
Ten of these winners were in Ontario.

Ontario: 10
Quebec: 3
British Columbia: 2
New Brunswick: 2
Nova Scotia: 1
Saskatchewan: 1
Newfoundland and Labrador: 1

Ontario's big lead in terms of the number of winners is chiefly because of the high volume of cups compared to that in other provinces.

News website Huffington Post Canada found that out of 92 beverages purchased from Tim Hortons over the course of a week, larger sized drinks were more likely to roll up to a winner.

"My husband gets medium and he barely wins anything, so the larges get a lot," Homen said.

However, Tim Hortons maintains that the odds do not change depending upon the size of coffee.

Whenever I go grab a coffee I usually get the extra large triple triple. More often than not, I win either a donut or coffee. But I think there is a bias towards Ontario to have them win more of the bigger prizes than any other province.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Timbits???

Sorry, thanks to Kevin Smiths DVD speaking engagements... that's pretty much all I know about Tim Hortons... but I felt compelled to share.

KRISPY KREME!!!!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
all I won was a new chance to play.....I think them beans are grow down south.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I don't know about the odds with winners, all I know is the odds of seeing those freaking cups tossed everywhere is pretty damned good.

Their honey glazed donuts are delish, but their food quality slipped when they were sold, as far as we could tell anyway.

Good luck winning a Rav 4! Still 20 out there - they have some good prizes.

~ Yes Heff, the mighty Timbits! You can eat 20 of 'em and its okay, cause they're little --
edit on 29-3-2013 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

All I have won this time around is a coffee.

I remember back in the day I would win a muffin or a coffee the majority of the time, now days (the last few years) they have been pretty cheap with their prizes winning ratios.

I was out in BC during my "Glory Days" when it comes up to rolling up the rim to win but Ontario seems to be a crappy place to "play" (for me at least). These odds deceive me LOL.

Another thing I hate is drinking the damned coffee and throwing the cup out before even remembering to check for my prize...such a bad habit...mornings aren't my sharpest moments.
edit on 3/29/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I won a motor home
I won a motor home.....

Oh Wait..It says

"WIN A BAGEL

Never mind

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The odds of winning a coffee or donut is 1 in 6 ... for a car it's 1 in 6.5 million.

I know that this year out of 40 car cups distributed nation wide, only 17 have been claimed. SO many people toss the cups without checking.

CBC article about the chances of winning

Ontario's big lead in terms of the number of winners is chiefly because of the high volume of cups compared to that in other provinces.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Hey thanks for the tip! Maybe I should get to walking some of those roadsides bombarded with cups.. there may be a Rav 4 laying by the side of the road-- or tossed in a garbage bin downtown?

Not saying any of you guys are littering, but if you guys are forgetting to check, imagine how many the un-aware are tossing?

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

Total agreement, lol. The food blows, hard too.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Here's what Tim Hortons and those other places don't tell you.

Company X creates promotional gambling outlet ( roll up the rim). The corporate side of the business forces the franchisee to pay part of the price costs. In return they will receive the shipment of cups or whatever ( monopoly stuff at Mcdonalds) that include a CHANCE at the largest prizes.

if you refuse to pay for the aforementioned prizes, than your store will NEVER receive any winning cups of that particular prize.

It's really dirty.

~Tenth

top topics

join