It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMF suggests US add $1.40 a gallon gas tax

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I guess the global economic collapse isn't happening fast enough for the cartel, and so the IMF has suggested that the US institute a $1.40 a gallon gas tax... all in the name of curbing carbon emissions of course.

from the article...

In a new study on global energy and climate change Wednesday, the IMF suggested the U.S. consider $1.40 a gallon in higher gas taxes. If adopted, the increase would triple gas taxes in the U.S. – local, state and federal combined -- and send the price of gas higher than $5 a gallon.

Again, this is just an idea being floated by some globalist criminal scum, and the chances of it actually happening are probably pretty slim, but you never know with our idiotic, knee jerk federal government

The IMF’s idea appears to be in “park” in Washington, D.C., anyway. Congress has been unable to agree on higher gas taxes since 1993, the last time it raised the federal gas tax, currently 18.4 cents on a gallon of regular. And the Obama administration has said it does not support specific carbon taxes as part of solutions for climate change.

Nonetheless, the IMF paper comes as policymakers in the U.S. and other nations struggle with budgets and deficits and as global leaders try to negotiate climate change fixes. The study advocates changing or eliminating consumer energy subsidies globally. The subsidies come in many forms, from cash payments to lower-income families to keeping fuel prices down.

“The time has come for subsidy reform and carbon taxation," the IMF's deputy director, David Lipton, said in a speech Wednesday. “The IMF will draw attention to the issue and help those who want to go forward.”

Link to story

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

The IMF said higher gas prices could help reduce traffic jams and accidents by discouraging driving.

We travel 10 months out of the year & this is not very encouraging news.
[Work, not pleasure...]
I sure hope this idea floats right out the window.

Diesel is already knocking on $4 a gallon, give or take, depending on location [dually truck].
This will hurt our wallets big time!!!!

edit on 28-3-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Oh, that's all we need.

Can I have some more salt for this wound, please? Like things aren't hard enough for people already..

I can barely afford to fill my tank with prices now.

I really hope this is just talk...

S&F
edit on 28-3-2013 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I suggest that the IMF keeps its dirty pirate hooker mouth shut. All we need is to fork over more money to our already exceptionally truthful government.

I say nay sir. I say nay.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Only when they pry the gas nozzle from "my cold dead hands".

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I think its a fantastic idea. Perhaps then the blood sucking greedy car industry will be forced to release the locked up technology that will allow 100+ mpg.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Well isn't this a nice coincidence. Just when the amount of gas we were using was going down because of people starting to use hybrids now they want to do this. This is one area where the government really screws the people over more than the companies. More people need to switch to hybrids or full electric. This way we can screw both of them at the same time.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Lol, As I read the title I thought to reply with, I guess the global economic collapse isn't comming along as planned. Then I saw the first line in the op. Stoled my thunder.

It's high time for some isolationist thinking in CONUS.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Oh boy. Goodbye money and fun time...

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Sorry, what's the International MONETARY Fund doing advising on ecological matters?

Oh yeah: the US isn't hat-in-hand begging for money from them (yet). Now it makes sense.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
So, let's say they rake in 2 Billion per day, stuff the money in an account and run our lives with our own funding. Wow this sounds fimiliar, where have I heard this before???
edit on 28-3-2013 by teslahowitzer because: remove extreme swearing

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I'd like to suggest that we add a "size 12" tax onto the IMF.

What that would involve is my size 12 boot up each and everyone of their (the IMF's employees') arses.

Seriously, WTF is the IMF?

Its another Rothschild creation. They just made it up one day and now it "makes loans" with money that they print out of nothing.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Not on my family's dollar they're not. We already have a hard enough time surviving now that my dad's overtime was cut and possible hour cuts are next because of budget issues. We can barely afford to eat at this point and have no extra money left over to budge anymore. Seriously, I swear they're trying to gouge every single American dry so that all of the power and prestige is on top of the pyramid and the rest of us are mere peasants living the lives of second class citizens. Just another way to control the masses, disgusting.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
$1.40 more? That's nothing.

Remember Steven Chu? he was Obama's Energy Secretary for awhile.

President Barack Obama’s Energy secretary unwittingly created a durable GOP talking point in September 2008 when he talked to The Wall Street Journal about the benefits of having gasoline prices rise over 15 years to encourage energy efficiency.

“Somehow,” Chu said, “we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe.”
www.politico.com...

At the time, European gas levels were $9 to $10 a gallon. We'll make it yet.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Swedish gasprice is insane..
8.66$ a gallon...incl taxes.
Taxes being some 70% of
total price...

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

And it's all for the elite to gain a "UN carbon tax" and steal more money from the world.

How can money be worth that much? Depopulation? Famine and disease (through vaccine programs?)

Getting rid of those "useless eaters"? People who might get a clue that there's a lot more armed little people than the elite?

Who are these people? Ask yourself this question.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by Miccey

And it's all for the elite to gain a "UN carbon tax" and steal more money from the world.

How can money be worth that much? Depopulation? Famine and disease (through vaccine programs?)

Getting rid of those "useless eaters"? People who might get a clue that there's a lot more armed little people than the elite?

Who are these people? Ask yourself this question.

Who they are?
They are the ones WE ELECT

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
lmao I wish petrol was that cheap here in the UK.
£1.36 per litre and most of that is tax.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

What a disgusting objective it is to try and raise the gas prices to Europe's standards. Why not try and lower the gas prices to Middle east standards?

And they say government is good for the people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join