It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

eBay Shoots Down Auction To Sell Jim Carrey Picture For Gun Purchase!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantasm

I am sorry to see that the new listing isn't doing nearly as well as the old one was before it was removed.

I have also lost some respect for Jim. His video was out of line, in my opinion, suggesting that gun owners are compensating for inadequate manhood.

And, shame on you, Mr. Carey, for picking on Heston.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phantasm
This just goes to show how ridiculous this whole anti-gun thing is getting. The seller, astrobuzz, wasn't selling a gun he was just trying throw Jim Carrey's pathetic response to responsible gun owners and attack on Charlton Heston, back in Carrey's face by trying to earn enough from the photo to be a 1st time gun owner in order to protect his family.

Funny that the article mentions that eBAY did not respond to a request for comment.

The listing quickly became an internet hit on Wednesday, but now it seems to have mysteriously disappeared. The Hollywood Reporter first noted that that the listing was altered late Wednesday night to read: “I’m selling this Jim Carrey autographed B&W photo (mint condition) for purposes I cannot explain because it might be against eBay’s Terms & Conditions.”
Source Article

Astrobuzz has currently relisted his auction with a "toned down" headline and description here: Selling Jim Carrey Autographed Reprint 8X10 Photo!

Now that people know his username, astrobuzz, hopefully the copycats don't profit off this guys original protest of Jim Carrey's anti-gun music video.

I think this auction is a great way to bring attention to the whole anti-gun movement which is promoted by Carrey AND eBAY.

Since Canada pretty much makes it illegal for a law abiding person to own a gun and protect his friends and family, I've decided to run an auction and forward the proceeds to this user so he can buy one to protect his.

HOW YA LIKE THEM APPLES, EBAY

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn

I am sorry to see that the new listing isn't doing nearly as well as the old one was before it was removed.

It would not surprise me in the least if flEabay were overtly manipulating his auction page and/or account.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

Originally posted by Phantasm
This just goes to show how ridiculous this whole anti-gun thing is getting. The seller, astrobuzz, wasn't selling a gun he was just trying throw Jim Carrey's pathetic response to responsible gun owners and attack on Charlton Heston, back in Carrey's face by trying to earn enough from the photo to be a 1st time gun owner in order to protect his family.

Funny that the article mentions that eBAY did not respond to a request for comment.

The listing quickly became an internet hit on Wednesday, but now it seems to have mysteriously disappeared. The Hollywood Reporter first noted that that the listing was altered late Wednesday night to read: “I’m selling this Jim Carrey autographed B&W photo (mint condition) for purposes I cannot explain because it might be against eBay’s Terms & Conditions.”
Source Article

Astrobuzz has currently relisted his auction with a "toned down" headline and description here: Selling Jim Carrey Autographed Reprint 8X10 Photo!

Now that people know his username, astrobuzz, hopefully the copycats don't profit off this guys original protest of Jim Carrey's anti-gun music video.

I think this auction is a great way to bring attention to the whole anti-gun movement which is promoted by Carrey AND eBAY.

Since Canada pretty much makes it illegal for a law abiding person to own a gun and protect his friends and family, I've decided to run an auction and forward the proceeds to this user so he can buy one to protect his.

HOW YA LIKE THEM APPLES, EBAY

What kind of auction will you be running? What's your ebay name?

I'll bid.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn

I have also lost some respect for Jim. His video was out of line, in my opinion, suggesting that gun owners are compensating for inadequate manhood.

And, shame on you, Mr. Carey, for picking on Heston.

It must be easy being Jim carey or any other rich hollywood type. They bash people for wanting to defend themselves, all the while hiring guards that are more heavily armed than the people they bash.

They are hypocrites, just like that fat pig rosey odonell. Guns are horrible.... unless a guy with a gun is protecting THEM. They are the ones compensating for something... compensating for self reliance, as they have none. pieces of paper are the only thing they have to offer, and make others defend them instead of defending themselves.

Very shameful lot of "people"

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit

I totally agree. Why some people feel they need to own a gun in order to be considered a member of society is totally beyond me
edit on 28-3-2013 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

"Why some people feel they need to [vote] in order to be considered a member of society is totally beyond me"

"Why some people feel they need to [speak freely] in order to be considered a member of society is totally beyond me"

"Why some people feel they need to [insert any Constitutional right] in order to be considered a member of society is totally beyond me"

See how that works? I own because I want to, because I can, because I like to shoot, because I want to protect my family. Understand yet? Gun owners want to be left alone. Why we choose to own a gun is our own business not anyone else's.

Raist

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

It's disgusting when you see political agendas silencing critics in ways like this.

Yeah, like trying to silence Carrey for using his freedom of speech. Ironically I bet every one of these whiners will claim that they love the constitution.

Incorrect, I stand by his right to be a prick and voice his opinion no matter how stupid he is. I do not have to agree with his opinion and I can say without a doubt I will never watch or pay for anything Jim Carrey again. That is how it works here. You stand by peoples rights protected by the Constitution, you do not support them by buying their products if their views do not agree with your own.

It is not silencing anyone, it is expressing and standing by my own rights.

The funny thing is though his right to use that freedom of speech is still here because of a gun.

Raist

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

Originally posted by TXRabbit

I totally agree. Why some people feel they need to own a gun in order to be considered a member of society is totally beyond me
edit on 28-3-2013 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

"Why some people feel they need to [vote] in order to be considered a member of society is totally beyond me"

"Why some people feel they need to [speak freely] in order to be considered a member of society is totally beyond me"

"Why some people feel they need to [insert any Constitutional right] in order to be considered a member of society is totally beyond me"

See how that works? I own because I want to, because I can, because I like to shoot, because I want to protect my family. Understand yet? Gun owners want to be left alone. Why we choose to own a gun is our own business not anyone else's.

Raist

Beautiful and tactful response. A great illustration that can be understood by all perspectives. This is the way it was supposed to be looked at.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

Thanks.

I grew up around guns. I was talking to my wife yesterday and saying that it was weird seeing how people look at guns now compared to then. She said that a lot of people grow up in cities (I grew up in the country) and do not get into guns as much. I sort of agree with that and have since decided that ones view on guns can be greatly different based simply on location.

I have just really started introducing my wife and son (6 years old) to guns in more depth than before. My wife and I just completed our CCW class, we went shooting various weapons this weekend and she loved it (I did as well). I also just bought a very small .22 rifle for my son to start shooting.

This is not my son just some YouTube video, but it gives you an idea of how small the .22 is.

It is very much like the Winchester 67a, only a bit smaller for child use (of course I shot it too
).

We went out yesterday and he did pretty great for his first time shooting. He had a great time and is ready to go shooting again.

The main thing is we were all responsible, we all had fun, and none of us are a danger to anyone else.

Raist

top topics

<< 1   >>

join