It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama moves to 'shame' Congress into approving gun control package

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Regardless of one's political ideology or "team" of choice, statements like this should really piss you off! To use the death of children to push an agenda is just scummy and it gets my blood boiling! Bad form, Mr. President.....bad form. signature:

Even tho we disagree quite a bit good post sir good post.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by neo96

They (progressives) can't bring forth an honest, common sense basis for gun control.

They just can't.

They have to rely on hyperbole, rhetoric, straw man arguments, fear, threats, bribes to get their draconian laws passed.

It's easy to dismiss Obama rhetoric. The bad guys ignore all gun laws.

Now lets go ahead and SHAME Obama into reopening the White House for public tours.

The White House is OUR house.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
We know that Chicago, and California have now and have for awhile two of the strictest gun laws and they have not now or in the past worked, Chicago has more gun violence than any other state and California is pretty close. But other states such as Texas where gun laws are less strict there tends to be less gun violence.

Facts are facts and no amount of shame Obama trys to bring out in us Americans can change the facts.

We are a conditioned society that is taught to forget and move on, they made us this way, why cry about it now? I mean really what did they expect?

I think that what happened was one of the worst things that this country has ever experienced. Not going to get into any conspiracy's over it in this post. I do believe that had those kids had an armed guard at the door this might not have happened, I do believe that our children are safer with properly trained Armed personnel protecting their schools.

If it's good enough for his kids why not ours?

Anyone who can't see that Obama is self serving and that this isn't in their best interest needs to look to the facts.

edit on 28-3-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

We know that Chicago, and California have now and have for awhile two of the strictest gun laws and they have not now or in the past worked, Chicago has more gun violence than any other state and California is pretty close. But other states such as Texas where gun laws are less strict there tends to be less gun violence.

Funny you mentioned that! Chicago is rated 90th in the country for enforcing the current federal gun laws! In other words, they do a piss poor job of enforcing the current laws on the books!! But hey, we all need MORE LAWS don't we?

Can anyone else besides me see the pre manufactured agenda playing out???

Enforce the gun laws we currently have on the books!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
All Obama has accomplished is the selling of enormous quantifier of weapons and ammunition, probably the only other reason outside of the $85 billion per month money printing, that we supposedly have even a .4% GNP growth.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
"Obama, accusing opponents of drumming up 'fear,'"

Boy oh boy, isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If this is this POTUS using his supposed power, why has his admin not passed a budget during the majority of his time in office. Not to mention all the scandals that would have impeached most others.

I've said it before and will again. If he wasn't black, he would be impeached.

I guarentee you that if Dr. Carson were elected, that he wouldn't recieve the same treatment. They'd be all over him for a speeding ticket.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Advocates cannot see any harm in gun control, but it has a nasty
downside.
Its victims number in the tens of millions.
Its downside is.........genocide: the mass-murder of civilians on account of religion,
language, or political views. Since 1900, at least seven major
genocides have occurred worldwide involving 50-60 million victims.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
"If we can save one kid from being killed" says the guy that passed the Monsanto-act just hours ago.

Just sick and some here think these people dont have it in them to kill 1000s (911).

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It's Obama who should feel shame here. We remember. We all remember just fine, thank you. I remembered this, for example, to look it up and refresh everyone else's memory with.

Biden: New gun controls likely won't end shootings

I believe it's more that he'd like a good percentage to forget. I doubt he really wants to see the other % who support this now remember too much. That is just one comment or other thing that came out in a similar vein.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Obama is picking a fight with the wrong person. That person is collectively known as the American people.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Do you want an idiot living next door to you and your family, who owns an AK47 because it makes him feel good caressing it. While he quietly thinks to himself "I could take the whole street out if i wanted to" Or would you much rather have him licenced as a fit and proper person to own such a weapon?... At present a mentally deranged psychopathic person can go in to a gun shop and buy enough artillery to start a war. The good ole boy at the gunshop cant determine his fitness, cus he wants the doe. But i think mabey a group of people at city hall could weed them out in an interview.
When you think about it a place with the civillian population as heavily armed as America would certainly make an invading army think twice., it must be unprecedented.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by anonentity

Or would you much rather have him licenced as a fit and proper person to own such a weapon?..

Current events and this entire nations history is easily found to all to read of course that person is government, and there is already a license for that called the constitution.

Of course some people can't grasp this simple fact is we don't need government's permission to own guns, and that second amendment is the only license we need for obvious reasons.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by anonentity

You are flat out WRONG!!! When you walk into a gun store to buy a gun, you are subjected to a comprehensive background check by the FBI. Not until that check comes back as OK, will you walk out of the gun shop with a gun in your possession.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Obama is picking a fight with the wrong person. That person is collectively known as the American people.

And it's a fight he will win. If they can't get it passed in the open the will go behind closed doors and do it. They did it with the bailout and they have passed a weapons bill before. Sadly it will happen.
edit on 28-3-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Some advice from Australia here, Gun laws don't work...

A 44-year-old man has been charged with murder after a woman was found stabbed to death about 100km north of Adelaide.

Two people have been shot, one fatally, in separate shootings in Melbourne overnight. A man believed to be in his 20s was found dead at Thomastown in Melbourne's north.Emergency services were called to a commercial address in Bostock Court around 2.35am (AEDT) after reports of an alleged gun incident. A 37-year-old man is in custody and assisting police with their enquiries. The second shooting occurred in Kensington in Melbourne's inner west about 4am (AEDT).

The guy who was killed was robbing a business and the owner was there while they tried. he has now been charged with murder for protecting his property.

Guns, drugs and counterfeit cash have allegedly been found at a house after a routine police traffic stop in Brisbane. Police say they pulled a vehicle over in the city early on Monday morning and found cash and drug-related items inside.

Detectives later searched a house at Regents Park, south of Brisbane, and allegedly found firearms, ammunition, drugs and counterfeit money. Two men and a woman were charged with multiple drug, explosives and firearm offences, and appeared in the Brisbane Magistrates Court on Monday.

A woman has been bashed on the head with a hammer and shot in the hip by a masked man on the Queensland Gold Coast. Police say the woman, 18, was walking along a footpath in Carrara about 2am (AEST) on Sunday when struck from behind on the head.

Masked men have stolen a number of firearms after breaking into a storage unit in Melbourne's southeast. Police say the thieves broken into the Huntingdale facility in the early hours of last Thursday using bolt cutters to cut the padlocks on several safes where the guns were stored. It's believed the robbery was targeted.

A man has been charged with wounding with intent to murder after allegedly stabbing two men during an argument over a van blocking a path in Sydney's west. Police say three men, all aged 25, were removing furniture from a house in Girraween on Monday afternoon when they became involved in a verbal dispute with another resident about their van blocking his path.

A driver was undergoing a breath test when police noticed a firearm in his car. Police responded to a call about a person acting suspiciously in the Ballarat area and intercepted a car driven by a Ballarat man, 22, about 3am (AEDT) on Tuesday.

As the driver undertook a breath test, police saw a firearm in the passenger foot well of the car. A further search found a baton, knife, laser pointer, cash, mobile phone, drug paraphernalia and chemicals thought to be methamphetamine.

Just a week in the life of Gun banned Australia
And thats only what I bothered finding..

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Sorry but my life doesn't revolve around children.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I bet the check just looks to see if you have any serious criminal convictions.The guy at the gunshop wants to sell guns.The nutters ready to blow would'nt even register on the FBI database. Male teenagers are one of the main problems, they are testosterone challenged.
When you think about when the Second amendment was written you had to keep your powder dry to get a bang.It took a full minute to load a gun.Things are different today. But pheraps the price of the second amendment in a free country, is the occasional nutter doing a mass killing..lets just hope its not on a doorstep close.

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Shame on you for posting this Neo......

I expect you to play into this administrations game plan!

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by neo96

Shame on you for posting this Neo......

I expect you to play into this administrations game plan!

My bad next time I will carry the admins water

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join