It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sandy Hook Killer’s Home Contained Large Cache of Weapons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Came across the article this morning. I find it very interesting that every point the anti-gun folks are arguing is apparently met by Lanza. Have a peek, post your thoughts.

www.nytimes.com...

Hint: NRA booklets are just a few.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I agree that it's possible these items were all planted on the scene with political motivation

Will you agree that he actually may have been a nutjob with a lot of guns who actually killed by his own volition?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
If one reads further....one will find his mother was a well known doom prepper of the rather extreme variety since long before Jr. decided to become infamous. To the point the locals described her as showing off her guns whenever the opportunity arose. Repairmen on calls were described in the earliest reports for background as being among those who got a show whether they ever asked about them or not.

I'd be shocked if this hadn't been found, given the known and confirmed family history as related by the residents who knew her or both. It is an interesting situation all the way around and should be more so when the full public file is released on this thing. See what Colonel Power Trip has been covering up all this time and from near day 1.

I'm personally betting the details of what really happened here LOOK good for the agenda on the surface and with a little twisting here and there ...but the nitty gritty facts won't support all the ridiculous statements and connections politicians have been exploiting it for. Just my hunch.
edit on 28-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
I agree that it's possible these items were all planted on the scene with political motivation

Will you agree that he actually may have been a nutjob with a lot of guns who actually killed by his own volition?

Maybe some will, but i won't be one of them. I disbelieve out-of-hand any story featuring a "lone gunman". Too convenient politically for my taste. The tactic works pretty well on the masses though. I can see why it gets used so often. Our keepers simply don't have to try very hard to fool folks though. As a group, we're pretty dumb.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Unfortunately, the only two people that could verify all of this are both dead. It's just all so convenient.

The piece that I find interesting is the receipt from a gun range in Oklahoma.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

He very well may have just been some nut job. But it's fits the script too perfectly not to raise some eyebrows.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

edit on 28-3-2013 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
From the local Connecticut News Agency, this story has been posted:

CTNow.com: Lanza Had Arsenal Of Guns, Ammunition, Swords, Knives

Some interesting snippets from the story, when extracted and put together, do seem to indicate a lone gunman, escalated/aided by his "Prepper" mother, and his reclusive behavior.

They found journals that Lanza kept, although the warrants do not provide details of what they said.

Now, I wonder what was written in these journals, and who wrote them? Will there be an independent handwriting analysis done, outside the police dept?

Investigators found a gun safe open and with no indication that it had been broken into. In one warrant, there is also a reference to a gun safe in Adam Lanza's bedroom...

Makes one question how many gun safes were in the house, and who had access?

They also found a bank check to Adam Lanza from his mother for "the purchase of a C183 (firearm)," one of the warrants states. Although investigators identified the "C183" as a firearm, it is unclear if any such weapon with that designation is made.

Thanks Mom for being such a good parent here!

The biggest leak came two weeks ago when Col. Danny Stebbins attended a conference and told a group of police chiefs that investigators found a 4-foot by 7-foot spreadsheet with a detailed listing of mass murderers, including how many they had killed and what weapons they had used.

There is no mention of a spreadsheet in the warrant.

Which means this alleged spreadsheet might reveal more connections that the police are not comfortable admitting. Also, was the alleged spreadsheet only a local copy or in-the-cloud?

The story still has lots of twists and turns, and I'm sure Hollywood is salivating at the possibility of a made-for-TV movie on this (lots of advertising $$ at stake here).

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by skoalman88

They found one rifle next to the mother, some knives and a fighting stick with a blade attached.

I guess my kitchen drawer can now be construed as a arsenal or cache of weapons with all those steak knives in there.

Darn It! I just gave away the place I hide them.

edit on 28-3-2013 by TDawgRex because: spell check didn't work that time

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

I'll have to ask my CIS instructor about that on Monday. I don't believe I've ever seen a 4 FOOT by 7 foot spreadsheet before. 4 FEET wide? In printed version I presume. Either they miscommunicated that detail or this kid had a record of past lunatics that is fit for museum archives. I mean, the data that would hold for just the sheer space. It's mind boggling. How long would it take to write in everything and code whatever formulas the spreadsheet was designed to show?

I'm really starting to ask myself...not if, but HOW MANY people knew all wasn't right with this kid's head and just told themselves 'every kid has problems..it'll pass'. Well, he passed alright...

* How would someone even use that in any meaningful way? Can you imagine ..side scrolling FOUR FEET worth of columns? (gets a headache at the mere thought)

edit on 28-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Also, a C183 is not a firearm. It's a camera.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
There was a delay. I spoke too soon.

edit on 3/28/2013 by jessasaurusreeex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Remain where you are. Authorities are on their way.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I don't care how many guns he owned.
I dont care how many video games he played.
I dont care about his life story.

Bottom line is, he was 1 man.
He did not have an army.

He was one crazy man who COULD have been stopped if even 1 of the administraters in that building had a gun. You CAN NOT controll the actions of someone else. You can only controll your own.

I dont give a rats behind about his mental state, because there are mentaly ill individuals all over. Try as you may, there is NOTHING you can do about someone buying a gun. EVER. No matter what laws are in place. Guns exist you can not poof them out of existance.

I DO care that the only way to stop this man was to kill him and the adults incharge of those children were not allowed to have the resources needed to do so.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I'll have to ask my CIS instructor about that on Monday. I don't believe I've ever seen a 4 FOOT by 7 foot spreadsheet before. 4 FEET wide? In printed version I presume.

During my time in the Army, Command became infatuated with Excel. Many never made new tabs or even formatted the pages they created. It was quite annoying. Often when I would print a spreadsheet, the format and font was so tiny you would need a electron microscope to read it.

We also had plotter printers and I know thatyou can go to just about any printer in town and have your spreadsheet printed to that size.

Now I am curious...what was the spreadsheet about?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I DO care that the only way to stop this man was to kill him and the adults incharge of those children were not allowed to have the resources needed to do so.

It's not just a the lack of resources that is concerning but also the lack of intestinal fortitude.And before anyone tries: yes, I have been in a situation with a potential shooter who had an "assault rifle." Funny how he forgot about that "rifle" when he say my little ol' Ruger.

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Um Ok...

I've never heard of a gun model called "C183".

The only references on the internet are to a point-and-shoot camera.

I smell something...
edit on 28-3-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Large Cache of Weapons

details about Mr. Lanza’s vast arsenal

a host of weapons

Wow, this sounds terrifying. He could have outfitted an army with this!
But, read on:

The warrants list at least four weapons, including the one found in the car Mr. Lanza drove to Sandy Hook.

4 guns?
4 guns is a "vast arsenal", "large cache" and a "host of weapons" now?

I just realized I know someone who was going to start WW3, he had even more guns than Adam Lanza!!
And he said he was just going to do some squirrel hunting,

ETA: God save us from the idiot media.
edit on 28-3-2013 by Asktheanimals because: added snarkiness!

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Did this guy practice his shooting skills by playing Call of Duty like Lanza?

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Looks like CTNow.com updated/modified the story. They've removed the statement about the police finding a shotgun in the glove compartment of the car (like it would fit, I can barely get gloves in mine). As for the arsenal of weapons at the house:

The warrants state that investigators found at two rifles, a BB gun and starter pistol in the house, including the .22 rifle that he used to kill his mother, Nancy Lanza, before going on his killing spree. Lanza had taken four additional guns with him to the school.

Investigators found 12 knives, three Samurai swords, a bayonet, eye protection, ear muffs for a gun range, Simmons binoculars, paper targets

I didn't know a starter pistol was considered part of an arsenal...

...and Adam Lanza's National Rifle Association certificate.

I knew they had to bring the NRA into this at some point. OMG, he was a member!

They are also now claiming....

unidentified medical records and printed email conversations

I mean, who planning to do something like this would PRINT OUT their email conversations (unless the police printed out emails they found on his account).

Wow, just, Wow. What a fiasco this investigation is becoming....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join