It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winter is Coming....

page: 119
<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
So..

Iwan Rheon..

Known to most people as Ramsey Bolton , made his debut tonight on another television show "the inhumans".

Where he goes on to play the exact same character as in game of thrones. . Now , personally I find iwan to be a perfectly fine actor , but to follow up his GoT character with a watered down network television version seems to me like a bad career choice.

As a side note I have an.extensive comic book collection, they did a fine job trying to recreate this story in an updated fashion..the problem is the source material was never really good to begin with..

Second side note;
They nailed the dog Lockjaw. The best part of the comics soo.. kudos for that..

Other wise the show was decent..not first avengers good and not any fantastic four bad..it was .just.. well..meh..

Sorry for the semi off topic zazz just wanted to comment on Iwan's newest project.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Here's a nice little tidbit, each of the final 6 episodes has an average budget of $15million meaning they are sparing no expense on production so expect some serious sets and battles.

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Wow.

I expected to see something on GOT Conquest and Rebellion.

Animated.

Checking it out now.
edit on 25-12-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That sounds awesome, I imagine a lot of it will be budgeted towards cgi, the dragons cost money and the undead don't animate themselves..

As a heads up for those without on demand, the series marathon starts tomorrow afternoon , 1 season a day ..
Much better than the 24 hour cycle marathons they normally run, this way you won't miss episodes when you sleep..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Dec, 25 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Link?

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Dec, 27 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Winter has officially come..

This is my local forecast for the week...
m.accuweather.com...

Wind chills in the negative 20's and no teleporting dragons to take Me to florida..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Florida isn't much better!

We're in the 40's or lower each day this week! It may even SNOW tomorrow! WTF???

That may sound good to ya'll in the negatives, but to us, this is frickin' freezing, LOL....

posted on Jan, 3 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

It's looking like another week or so of this, we have two wood stoves , one in the basement and one in the great room. We normally get away with just burning upstairs but we have been running both for the last two weeks. Luckily we have about 8 cords sitting outside still.

My poor Layna bear is built like a bird, she has a very small stature and short hair, she can only last about 3 or 4 minutes before she starts limping outside because her feet are so cold .

This weekend we are looking at -26 ° f at night.... without the windchill.....

That's 58 ° below freezing..without the windchill..

We are also looking at 10 inches of snow over the next day and a half..that means plowing our half mile private road in the ranger with no heat...

TL;DR :

Eff You Winter!

Respectfully,
~meathead

P.s.

Sry for the off topic zazz, just keeping the thread alive while we await updates and info on our favorite show..
edit on 3-1-2018 by Mike Stivic because: I drink and I know things...

posted on Jan, 9 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Damn, saw that we have to wait till 2019 for more GOT.... What the hell man!

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I wrote this for the rap battle thread but I thought it fit here as well...:

What is dead may never die,
And the ironborn never cry,
We take we do not sow,
When the wind fails to blow,
We drop sails and row,
Up and down the coast,
Each port a feast for the crows,
You've been warned now you know,
Head inland drop your hoe and go,

Before you get caught in the undertow..

Respectfully,
~ meathead

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
Damn, saw that we have to wait till 2019 for more GOT.... What the hell man!

This thread will become frozen in time until the dragons breath awakens it again.

posted on Mar, 15 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

HBO has confirmed that the final season of Game of Thrones won’t premiere until sometime in 2019. It’s a decision that has been rumored since last June and characterized as a strategic move that gives the network more time to work on its numerous proposed spinoff series.

www.theverge.com...

George R.R. Martin did some Sunday night Livejournal blogging yesterday, addressing his involvement in four in-development Game of Thrones spinoffs recently announced by HBO. Uncommonly for Martin, who loves to tease fans with vague promises about the long-awaited sixth book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series, the post contained some useful and specific information.

For starters, there are now five spinoffs in development, though Martin said he wouldn’t name the fifth writer. The only hint he added was that the writer is a “great guy and a fine writer” and he loves the world of Westeros a lot.

www.theverge.com...

5 spin offs!

If they will be as good as GOT.

To be determined.

Almost makes the wait worth it.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I plan on a MASSIVE marathon of GoT in 2019, before the final season. (and probably a little viewing party every Sunday it is on)...

I just got a get a camera ready to get my daughter's reactions. If I had it for her reaction to Hodor's death, it would have been Internet gold, lol.....

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I just started rewatching season 7.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I have read the Reddit post which claims to know each episode is all about ,the same dude got everything right last season and I know what is going to happen. I may spoil it all for you I may not.

edit on 29-3-2018 by testingtesting because: How does is change to oh! Autocorrect FFS.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

It's not like GRRM is obtuse. It's not too difficult to see how a lot of it will play out.

The red haired guy lived, and he and Brienne make a race of monster babies that conquers all! (seriously though, that would be great....)

My bet is Jon and Dani on a shared Iron Throne (after deposing Cersei) to then fight the Walkers, only to finally be saved by Bran, who then takes the throne at their behest (and grants all land north of the wall to the Walkers, no contest), while Jon and Dani break up (after learning their family ties), Jon goes to rule the north, and Dani goes back over the ocean to rule her lands there. Tyrion remains with Bran, as an advisor. Sam Tarly is at Jon's side in the North.

edit on 29-3-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Jon and Dany are too easy, Martin said it's 'bittersweet' so I'm thinking it may be one and then someone else takes their place.

posted on Mar, 29 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Erm nope no cigar.

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Jon and Dany are too easy, Martin said it's 'bittersweet' so I'm thinking it may be one and then someone else takes their place.

Ah, but I said Bran for the final butt on the throne....

posted on Mar, 30 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Well, I can at least look forward to the Arya/Jon reunion. Should also be interesting to see how those in the North react to seeing Jon with Dany.

Pretty sure the White Walkers and the Ice Dragon are going to do some SERIOUS damage (and likely to Castle Black and Winterfel and maybe even the whole north) pretty soon.

I imagine that Jaime and his armies will eventually meet up with those in the North against the Walkers, and then a massive CGI war ensues.

I suspect Cersei and Euron will just ignore the threat of the White Walkers, and attack where they can. Hope Theon does a rescue of his sis (or dies trying).

Hope we find out what's up with the damn wolves being no-shows.

I'm sure we're in for more mind-messing with Bran and the Night King, but where this all goes, I can only guess there's some understanding there.

I still say the red head and Brienne have monster babies!

Finale has to be some sword on sword (with dragons) between Jon and the Night King.

Betting a lot of key folks die though.

new topics

top topics

<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join