It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

http://centcom.mil/ offline during Election?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I've tried 3 browsers but can't bring up centcom.mil...

Wierd

Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I can't pull it up either. When did you notice this? Seems very odd.

Jemison

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
centcom.mil... -- does not work

www.centcom.mil... -- seems to be the correct address, and working fine

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Many military domains are offline every now and then. I has something to do with the ThreatCon or something...

www.globemaster.de...

I've noticed it many times the past few years that websites of airbases are offline.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
When did you notice this?
Jemison

Jemison,
About 45min ago.

Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
CENTCOM and SOCOM are going through upgrades to their computers, so maybe the webmaster fell asleep. THere are no mushroom clouds across the bay yet so were all oK.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
CENTCOM and SOCOM are going through upgrades to their computers, so maybe the webmaster fell asleep. THere are no mushroom clouds across the bay yet so were all oK.

No dis' esdad71,
With the election underway and the situation in Iraq, do you really think that upgrades
would take them offline.

I don't doubt your reply re, upgrades etc. But i think there's more to it. Media 'black-out'?

Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I WENT THE BACK WAY USED THE SEARCH ENGINE AND GOT RIGHT IN OFF A LINK THERE............HERE FOR SEARCH

just choose something other than the main page to enter

[edit on 2/11/2004 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
*knocks on monitor*

GUYS!!! did you not see my post??

www.centcom.mil...

it works fine...

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I was in trainging with a few memebers of SOCOM and CENTCOM a few months ago, and the milatary is converting many databases and movingto some different windows apps such as Win 2003 Acitve Directory. So the asnwer is yes, they are upgrading computers. Maybe they are working on the webcompnent today (IIS) and the services needed to be stopped. It is a viable opinion rather than thinking "something is afoot?"

The sarcasm was the web master is asleep. Not having a website would not interfere with the ability to uphold national security or run the war in Iraq. IT is not as if a server crashed, everything would grind to a halt.

Like I said, no mushroom clouds yet folks....

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Thats great, wrong link

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Thats great, wrong link

D'OH

Funny esdad71

But i'm not talking about the "how & why" of upgrading platforms...except do they really use Windows! j/k

Sanc'.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Some of the militarys apps are run on Windows platforms, however more are not. THe people I were talking to were speaking of implementing Active Directory for WIN 2003 which is a domain level control for users and computer organization. It was a good post and a good laugh.

top topics

join